Where is QM2?

turquoise 6

[quote name='Cats2010']Hi,

Sorry that you seem to believe that Cunard would not want you. Why should they? :confused:![/QUOTE]

Well, we do dress nicely, we are always polite, and we eat moderately.

I should have mentioned that those prices and offers go back over three years. We stopped looking at that particular trip because the last one was disappointing. Edited by brigittetom

[quote name='brigittetom']Well, we do dress nicely, we are always polite, and we eat moderately.

I should have mentioned that those prices and offers go back over three years. We stopped looking at that particular trip because the last one was disappointing.[/QUOTE]
Well you are the paying passenger and you don't have to qualify
Yourself to sail on a Cunard ship!
There are enough ships on the sea !
(No pun intended) :rolleyes:

PARTIAL QUOTE [quote name='brigittetom']Well, we do dress nicely, we are always polite, and we eat moderately....

.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the many, many thousands of dollars you have spent on your Cunard voyages over the years ;)

Cruise lines will go where they think the money is, but in uncertain economic and political times, that goal can be fleeting (pun intended). New York is a major port city. Cunard has consistently reduced voyages from that port. No doubt those loyal passengers who traditionally sailed on Cunard ships from NY will find other holiday/vacation alternatives due to reduced sailings. Maybe we won't be missed...only time will tell. And by then, I won't be listening. :cool:

[quote name='Salacia']PARTIAL QUOTE

Cruise lines will go where they think the money is, but in uncertain economic and political times, that goal can be fleeting (pun intended). New York is a major port city. Cunard has consistently reduced voyages from that port. No doubt those loyal passengers who traditionally sailed on Cunard ships from NY will find other holiday/vacation alternatives due to reduced sailings. Maybe we won't be missed...only time will tell. And by then, I won't be listening. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Well, in 2014 (provided my source of information is correct) QM2 will do about 21 transatlantics to and from NY and continues to do so in 2015. I think there is enough choice to find what one is looking for ... at least I am.

:)

[quote name='Cats2010']Well, in 2014 (provided my source of information is correct) QM2 will do about 21 transatlantics to and from NY and continues to do so in 2015. I think there is enough choice to find what one is looking for ... at least I am.

:)[/QUOTE]

Cats, no doubt your information is correct, although most crossings involve flights to or from Europe. I am very happy that you find there is enough choice for your voyages.

I believe the point of discussion was regarding the reduced number of round-trip voyages from the NY port. For those passengers from NY ports who enjoyed voyages/cruises other than trans-Atlantic crossings, there can be no question that the choice is extremely limited; each year for the past several years, it has become and more limited. That is a fact. Edited by Salacia

[quote name='Salacia']Cats, no doubt your information is correct, although most crossings involve flights to or from Europe. I am very happy that you find there is enough choice for your voyages.

I believe the point of discussion was regarding the reduced number of round-trip voyages from the NY port. For those passengers from NY ports who enjoyed voyages/cruises other than trans-Atlantic crossings, there can be no question that the choice is extremely limited; each year for the past several years, it has become and more limited. That is a fact.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Salacia, I would prefer more back-to-back voyages too!

However, what I do is combine a QM2 transatlantic with sightseeing and beach holidays in the US - still so many things to see! and then return to Europe, also on QM2. Many US citizens do the same to visit Europe, thus avoiding transatlantic flights and their unpleasant consequences, especially jetlags ...

[quote name='Cats2010']Yes, Salacia, I would prefer more back-to-back voyages too!

However, what I do is combine a QM2 transatlantic with sightseeing and beach holidays in the US - still so many things to see! and then return to Europe, also on QM2. [COLOR="Red"]Many US citizens do the same to visit Europe, thus avoiding transatlantic flights and their unpleasant consequences, especially jetlags [/COLOR]...[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm sure many US citizens do the same. But unfortunately, for the majority of employed (including self-employed) Americans, three weeks of consecutive vacation/holiday is very difficult to arrange, and four weeks is dam near impossible. No doubt Cunard is aware of this - hence the feeling that Cunard, by reduction in the number of round trip cruises/voyages from the NY port, has turned away from a once loyal market. While at the same time, Cunard stated effort is to attract a younger market. I question whether a younger market can sustain extended voyages offered at full fare? Will this younger market book world cruises? Spend weeks on Trans-Atlantic Crossings or fly to their destination and do what they wish rather than abide by the restrictive rules of cruise lines.

Again, continually reduced voyages from NY Port is a calculated business decision which Cunard believes will result in greater profits in the long run. Nothing wrong with that - unless it's the wrong decision. Edited by Salacia

Yes, Salacia, I remember those times in working life when it was difficult to arrange for one's well-deserved holidays. Now that I retired I sometimes miss my job and my colleagues :confused: :D, but obviously you can't have it all.

Best wishes and let's hope for the best!

:)

[quote name='seavoyager6']Laat time we did a B2B TA we loved it but there were about 14 of us out of 3000+ pax each way. Probably not a large enough demo to construct your entire company business and marketing plan to attract.[/QUOTE]
But the Qm2 was fully booked . Every Transatlantic back to back
From or to Ny is.
The same for Qm2 cruises from Ny to Canada
Cunard never lost money from NY:D

[quote name='turquoise 6']But the Qm2 was fully booked . Every Transatlantic back to back
From or to Ny is.
Cunard never lost money from NY:D[/QUOTE]

Quite a sweeping statement I think! I think that the Canada/East Coast trips are very popular but I've sailed many times to and from NYC when the ship hasn't been full.

Fu[quote name='turquoise 6']But the Qm2 was fully booked . Every Transatlantic back to back
From or to Ny is.
Cunard never lost money from NY:D[/QUOTE]

Fully booked with 3000+ pax going one way each way and 25 or less at best going B2B round trip...a market too small to fill one of the zodiacs on board. But you are right about not losing money which is why there are more than a score of scheduled Cunard voyages to and from NYC every year

[quote name='seavoyager6']Fu

Fully booked with 3000+ pax going one way each way and 25 or less at best going B2B round trip...a market too small to fill one of the zodiacs on board. But you are right about not losing money which is why there are more than a score of scheduled Cunard voyages to and from NYC every year[/QUOTE]

I understand your point about there not being enough interest in B2B crossings, and from what I observed last year, there were several times where the fare for crossings was substantially reduced on both sides of the pond after final payment date. I'm not sure what that indicates.

Regarding "more than a score of scheduled Cunard voyages to and from NYC":
Other than voyages involving trans-Atlantic crossings, I found 4 QM2 cruises sailing round trip from NYC this year: the 5-night July Canada cruise, 12 night NE/Canada cruises - one each in Sept and Oct, and the 12 night Caribbean Holiday cruise in December. -S.

[quote name='Salacia']I understand your point about there not being enough interest in B2B crossings, and from what I observed last year, there were several times where the fare for crossings was substantially reduced on both sides of the pond after final payment date. I'm not sure what that indicates.

Regarding "more than a score of scheduled Cunard voyages to and from NYC":
Other than voyages involving trans-Atlantic crossings, I found 4 QM2 cruises sailing round trip from NYC this year: the 5-night July Canada cruise, 12 night NE/Canada cruises - one each in Sept and Oct, and the 12 night Caribbean Holiday cruise in December. -S.[/QUOTE]

My total included TAs obviously so I think we are both close to agreement on QM2 voyages from and to Brooklyn.

[quote name='seavoyager6']My total included TAs obviously so I think we are both close to agreement on QM2 voyages from and to Brooklyn.[/QUOTE]

Don't know that you are in agreement, :D but the point is Cunard has reduced
And ignored the New York Market(that also means
A great part of NE and mid west)
That's why I am booked on 2 future cruises
On NCL Breakaway. I also did one cruise
To Bermuda .

[quote name='Pushka']Heres a list. [url]http://www.cunardline.com.au/cruise-search/book-a-cruise/cruises/qm/356-m403-sou1-sou2/?view=ITE#tabbedContent[/url]

9 sea days after the Wednesday Port.[/QUOTE]

Pushka, thanks very much!
Nine sea days...I'm trying to imagine what that would be like :eek: Edited by Salacia

[quote name='Salacia']Pushka, thanks very much!
Nine sea days...I'm trying to imagine what that would be like :eek:[/QUOTE]

Seven sea days is not enough for me, so I'm guessing I'd do very well. :). That itinerary looks wonderful.....if it weren't for pets, I'd be saving up my dollars. Edited by brigittetom

[quote name='capnpugwash']Quite a sweeping statement I think! I think that the Canada/East Coast trips are very popular but I've sailed many times to and from NYC when the ship hasn't been full.[/QUOTE]
Well the only cruises from NY are the 2 to
Canada and the 5 day July 4 celebration.
We agree they are fully booked and the Christmas one.
The transatlantic voyages have been
Fully booked . May thru October
October seems to be full from Southampton
To Ny , since many Brits then fly from ny to Florida
For the winter
The Qm2 may have relinquished her position
As a cruise ship from NY and the American market
I doubt if the QM2, at this point, will have the
Legacy of the QE2 Edited by turquoise 6
Christmas

[quote name='seavoyager6']Fu

Fully booked with 3000+ pax going one way each way and 25 or less at best going B2B round trip...a market too small to fill one of the zodiacs on board. But you are right about not losing money which is why there are more than a score of scheduled Cunard voyages to and from NYC every year[/QUOTE]
Don't know about Cunard marketing and finances .
But the back to back sailings are booked .
It maintains the transatlantic schedule