Iluvcruising2

Legend of the Seas Borneo Cruise March 2013 Picture Review

Noise was a non issue. Cabin was very quiet.

However, soot was an issue. This was the first time we had such a bad soot issue. The balcony was still usable but you have to clean the loungers or ask your stateroom attendant to clean them.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. We are on the Legend in December and again for a transatlantic in April!

Thank you again, if you have a chance to take any more JS photos of a cabin and closet etc. that would be great.

I don't think they have the same walk in closet, as on other ships Junior Suites?

There sure is not much to find on the Legend.:confused: Now everyone can come here to see her.:D

Thanks!!!!:)

Yes, the JS is rather small, compared to say the Voyager. Also, the closet is no longer the walk-in closet found in the Voyager class. This picture would give you some idea.

qzkcy9.jpg

This was the ‘secret staircase’. From Deck 8, near the aft cabins, there was this staircase that led directly to the Spa and Fitness centre, and very near the Solarium and the brand new Park Café! Very convenient for us.

29vla1y.jpg

15nq4qt.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

One of the best additions to the Legend must be the Park Café, located at the back of the Solarium just outside the Spa and Vitality centre. It is usually open for breakfast from 7am onwards. It also serves afternoon snacks from noon till late afternoon. It opens again at 9pm till 12:30am.

5zmnbk.jpg

Some of the food offerings at the Park Café. The yogurt parfait (the strawberry version) in those big cups are good, crazily good.

2m5i8n5.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

In the morning, you could create your own bagel. I’m not a big fan of bagels but I think this is rather popular in the USA.

1z52qyx.jpg

Assorted bagels, your choice.

29w0cae.jpg

More stuff for the bagel. In the afternoons, this place becomes a salad bar, where you can create your own salad.

n3ah6p.jpg

ot3qz8.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

A quick question, because the Park Café is located at the back of the Solarium are children allowed in the Cafe to get food??

Most definitely. My kids walked in and out all the time.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure if the Solarium is still Adults-only. I don't recall seeing any signs that said Adults-only. Maybe they have changed their policy. In fact, I recall a couple of kids swimming in the Solarium pool too.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Goodbye Singapore, see you in a week.

mcgilg.jpg

Very nice report! Legend OTS changed a lot compared with before refurbishment. thank for sharing anyway.

i was there last week to spot legend ots and costa deliziosa.

66684_500609133309530_1225108622_n.jpg

63903_500599099977200_1746009299_n.jpg

Hot breakfast offerings. The egg muffins were really good. They would heat it up for you in the microwave.

iwrwhc.jpg

Table mats were cool, like grass turf.

30uu87d.jpg

A quick question, because the Park Café is located at the back of the Solarium are children allowed in the Cafe to get food??

See this picture.

15y7o1.jpg

Unfortunately no, 11 day Christmas cruise, but I am a planner and love to get things organized.

I have an 11 and a 13 year old girls who are hungry ALL the time!!!! Like you we are aft deck 8 so they will be using those "secret stairs" a lot to get food and drinks !!!!

Today I had my family use the Wii to sit and see your review on the TV and will be doing the same tomorrow, they think I am crazy:eek:

Unfortunately no, 11 day Christmas cruise, but I am a planner and love to get things organized.

I have an 11 and a 13 year old girls who are hungry ALL the time!!!! Like you we are aft deck 8 so they will be using those "secret stairs" a lot to get food and drinks !!!!

Today I had my family use the Wii to sit and see your review on the TV and will be doing the same tomorrow, they think I am crazy:eek:

Thanks for your note.

I am honoured that you are following my review so closely!

More pictures on the way.

Also at the Park Café. Not sure how many cruise critic forum viewers have ever tried this soup! During lunch hour, they will always have some soups. For breakfast, they had congee.

2z7mkw6.jpg

Ok another quick question, what "free" drinks were avaiable at the Park Café for breakfast, lunch and late night snacks?

Thanks for all your beautiful photos!

Looks to be the same as Windjammer. Coffee, Decaf coffee, lemonade, hot water for all the various tea bags, water, ice-dispensing machine.

This was Café Latitudes. They had the Cupcake Cupboard there too. The now small library area is on the right. (There was an earlier question on the library.)

a3egly.jpg