Legend of the Seas Borneo Cruise March 2013 Picture Review

This was our menu for the evening. We were asked to meet at 6:30pm at the Schooner Bar, where champagne was served by the Sommelier. We were led to the Table at about 7pm. It would be a long but fun evening, sheer gastronomical delight. It was 10:30pm before we got back to our cabins.

demao4.jpg

We were told that the menus were almost standardized fleet-wide. However, this menu was slightly customized. Course number 3, the Duck Roll, was Asian inspired.

After reading your review of the Chef's table I know DH and I would love to do this. How do they accomodate guests with allergies, did you have one in your group? I am allergic to seafood, so I could not eat the crab and lobster plate but the rest of the menu looks fantastic.

We took lunch from 11 to 11:30am. At about 1145, the guide rallied us again. We were now to be transferred to the pier, to wait our turn for the boat ride. But when we got to the pier, there was still lots of people waiting. This photo was about 12 noon.

2d9nuck.jpg

2dp1mc.jpg

After reading your review of the Chef's table I know DH and I would love to do this. How do they accomodate guests with allergies, did you have one in your group? I am allergic to seafood, so I could not eat the crab and lobster plate but the rest of the menu looks fantastic.

Great question. I don't know the answer. I assume, if you tell them your allergies, they would prepare something else.

A few in my group didn't want to do the lamb. So the Chef gave them a salmon instead. However, I don't think the alternative (i.e. Salmon) was anything fantastic or special. Just standard stuff.

Pity you are allergic to seafood. The first dish was FANTABULOUS! (sorrry, I know there is no such word)

Diamond Club and Concierge Lounge were both located on Deck 9 midship very near the elevators. The flow wasn't blocked at all. The lounges are on a hump. The views from Diamond lounge were great. More pics to follow.

Thanks, we're scheduled for a cruise on Legend later this year, and we were interested in how they did the lounges.

Alright, I'm stopping here for the evening. It is Sunday night in Singapore and it is back to the office for me tomorrow.

Will continue to update tomorrow night.

Thanks for an excellant review we will be sailing on her again in March 2014

Thankyou for the great review on the Legend.It has been hard to get information about the ship after the recent Drydock&reburb. You have really covered the the ship in detail and the pictures are great. My DW and are doing a B2 B in Jan 2014. Do you know if the solarium pool is heated? Thanks again

for the great review

Thanks for your note.

I am honoured that you are following my review so closely!

More pictures on the way.

Great photo collection!! We are on her for in Feb/Mar or about 29 nights so really enjoying all the photos!!!

Thanks so much!:):)

Thank you so much for such great review with so many pictures. I think so many of us been waiting for a review after the ship been on dry dock. Every one who never tried Park Cafe you will LOVE it. We were on the Oasis and they have Park Cafe. We loved every thing it offered. One question please. We love live entertainment. I see that the Centrum has a band. Do they have a nightly entertainment? Do they have places to sit on higher deck so you can sit and watch? We were on the Radiance few years back and spend few hours almost every revenging watching live music different singers....guitarist and people were dancing. it was a lot of fun to watch. We sat on one deck higher and had great view. We would get their early to get a sit. Does the Legend offer something of the same? Thanks once again for all the great informations.

Finally! Another oh-so-scarce review of the Legend. Thank you so much for posting pictures of and information about the ship. We sail on her next April (2014) on a full transit of the Panama Canal so I'm looking for as much information as I can find. After reading your experience with the Chef's Table, we just might have to try that.

Thank you!!!

What a pleasure to find this today! I really enjoy your reviews because they are to more "exotic" locales than the typical Caribbean/Meditteranean itineraries. And it's just interesting to read the experiences of somebody from a different corner of the earth. Can't wait for the rest of the review!
I agree!! I'l probably never visit most of these places but I love reading about them & looking at the pictures.