Time of Panama Shore Excursions on Partial-Transit?

happyvalley

We're doing the round-trip from Ft. Lauderdale cruise to the Panama Canal next month and are wondering what times, generally, are the shore excursions once we get through the Gatun lock. I know the times can vary depending on when the ship actually can enter the lock, but want to know if there's time for a shower and a decent breakfast between viewing the lock transit and when we have to depart for our shore excursion. Thanks!

You will have around 45 minutes. Once through the Gatun Locks the ship will veer to the port (left) a very short distance and drop their life boats in for taking the pax to a nearby small dock where busses will be waiting to take you on your excursion. It depends on how fast you can get ready.

I got some really good photos from the Island back towards the locks and dam using my point and shoot camera.

we were able to take a very quick shower and eat breakfast at the buffet before we needed to wait to be tendered to the dock for our excursion. i also had a few minutes to run around in an attempt to find the medical office (that ended up being closed). which excursion are you doing?

We're going on the Gatun Lake cruise. I assume the ones going on the longest shore excursions, such as the train and ferry, get off first once we dock after the lock.

The ship doesn't dock, it anchors in Gatun Lake. Tenders are used to take ashore passengers booked on excursions.

Archived