Boarding time

JPH814

We will be on our first Seabourn cruise (The Soujourn from Copenhagen) in just about 100 days. We will fly into Copenhagen 2 days early. At what time does boarding usually begin? I know on other lines, the "official" boarding time is often a couple hours later than when people actually start to board. I like to get on and have a nice lunch and be among the first in my room and then start my relaxing while others are still coming up the gangway.

So what is the earlieast you think we will be able to board? What is typically available on-board early that first day (dinning room? casual dining locations? spa? pool?)

On Sojourn you will probably be able to board around noon; certainly 12.30, and will then be offered lunch in the Colonnade, the casual restaurant. Your suite will probably not be available until about 2 or a little after, so you can just sit back in the Colonnade and relax with a buffet or ordered lunch and a couple of glasses of wine. This only applies to the larger ships, in the little ones it is expected that you all sit in the large lounge and have reasonably nice snacks and drinks, the Veranda cafe is really too small for everyone at the same time. I have never personally known boarding to happen as early as 11 a.m.

Archived