March 16-24 Solo Independence Picture Review

Thank you for the comments and Im glad you are enjoying the review. However, as a Maple Leafs fan I have to advise you to leave the Sabres flag at home ;)

Just kidding of course.

Actually it's sort of embarrassing being a Sabres fan this year, but maybe next year I could fly the flag proudly:)

*Cruise TIP alert* This is a tip I forgot to mention earlier. I have read on these boards many times, about people not liking the fact that the annoucements made by the Captain or Cruise director can be heard in the cabin and can be loud. There is a switch in the cabin on the desk where you can either turn the annoucements on or off. You can also change the volume of the annoucement. When there is no annoucement it plays classical music. The speaker is located under the dresser where the chair is usually pushed in.

P1020925.jpg

Ok so i just went back to look over my previous posts and realized I already posted this picture, so my apologies

Right on time at 10:00 we were making our way to dock in Labadee

P1030033.jpg

Once docked I was off the ship to get pictures of the island and the ship. This was my 3rd time in Labadee and I noticed they are still improving it by adding more and more places.

DSC00104.jpg

DSC00109.jpg

I did alot of walking around to see new places that I didnt get to see the last time I was here.

Here is a walkway that goes behind where the Zip Line ends. It would make for a great picture for anyone who has family coming down on the zip line.

DSC00111.jpg

Here is an example of the building that they are continuing to do. This is a walkway from behind the Zip Line leading to the Dragons Pub it the top left of the picture

DSC00113.jpg

In the other direction behind the Zip line is another walkway that leads to a small seating area with an umbrella.

DSC00114.jpg

It was then time to go to check out some of the beaches on the island. It didnt take long for the beaches to fill up but it also didnt seem too difficult to find a place to sit.

Here is a picture of one of the beaches where you can see some of the private Cabanas you can rent for the day.

DSC00116.jpg

A great picture of Indy from the beach.

indylabadee.png

One new addition to the island is the water slide. I watched a few people come down and they commented that the slide is very slow.

DSC00117.jpg

After walking around for a while I decided to find a place to sit down for a little bit. I grabbed a beer at the Dragons pub and found a nice quiet area not too far from it.

*Cruise TIP alert* For those that are planning on purchasing one of the alcohol beverage packages, the package can be used on this island because it is Royals private island.

This area was pretty much a private area. Im not sure why no one else found it but I sat here for an hour or so and only saw 1 or 2 people come walking through. These pictures were taken at 2:00pm and you can see how empty this area is.

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00122.jpg

This is a picture of that area taken from the ship as we docked.

P1030034.jpg

Archived