Good Choice?

GorillaPaper

DH and I have previously only been on NCL. While we have enjoyed each cruise and would not hesitate to book with them again, we found a good deal with a good itinerary for next February (Freedom 8 day eastern Caribbean). We were thinking that we might really enjoy sailing on CCL as we have sometimes found NCL to be not as lively as we might enjoy.

I know there can be any number of variables as to who else might be on board at the same time as us, but I was wondering if anyone has sailed both and found CCL to be a bit more lively of an atmosphere? Hoping we made a good choice! :) Never know until you try right?

We love Carnival. My husband and I have been on Princess and RCCL. We find Carnival to be more of a fun type atmosphere. My hubby felt the other two were too laid back for him, but I liked them both as well.

DH and I have previously only been on NCL. While we have enjoyed each cruise and would not hesitate to book with them again, we found a good deal with a good itinerary for next February (Freedom 8 day eastern Caribbean). We were thinking that we might really enjoy sailing on CCL as we have sometimes found NCL to be not as lively as we might enjoy.

I know there can be any number of variables as to who else might be on board at the same time as us, but I was wondering if anyone has sailed both and found CCL to be a bit more lively of an atmosphere? Hoping we made a good choice! :) Never know until you try right?

I can't compare since i've only sailed twice, both on Carnival, but i can tell you we just came back from this 8-day eastern on the Freedom and we loved it! Great ship, great ports! And, i'm pretty sure that the Freedom will be in dry dock this year (maybe November?) so it will get some of the 2.0 upgrades like Guys Burgers. That'll make a great ship even better for your February cruise!

We are sailing NCL in Dec....so can't compare that...however, been on RCI, Princess and we seem to like Carnival the best (food, most to do etc). RCI had the same demographics, just not as much to do later at nite......Princess was just plain old "dead" after 10 pm, nothing to do and boring crowd. Try CCL, you might like it....but you gotta try it to decide for yourselves.....everyone looks for something different!

Archived