Activities

rwadam

Thanks to all who gave info on food -- I can't wait to try the yummy food on my upcoming first Azamara cruise on Quest on April 21st.

I realize this cruise will be relatively short and port intensive, but I would appreciate it if you could share some of your favorite activities on board.

1. Do you exercise on the ship (working off those calories)? If so, what is your preferred exercise activity? What group classes are offered and how are they? How is the gym? Is the promenade conducive for walking?

2. Are there other onboard activities that Azamara does well? I have cruised on Celebrity, Princess, and Royal Caribbean, and my friends with me have sailed on these and also HAL and Crystal. This is our first Azamara cruise.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.:)

I really enjoy playing trivia onboard, which is held in Mosaics, so I can get a nice coffee drink at the same time. Everyone seems to have a good time, and the questions are fun.

I also very much enjoyed the enrichment lectures. Ours were given by a history professor who knew a lot about the ancient world. (We were cruising a lot in Sicily and the Amalfi Coast.)

I enjoyed the treadmill b/c it had solitaire built into it. Also, the top deck outside is a fine place to walk. You won't be alone! Actually, there's a small area, forward, that's a deck higher -- but you'll see, when you get there.

Our two enrichment speakers were outstanding. We had many at-sea days, so this was really important.

We liked the production shows in the evening, and the two stars did a nice performance up in Looking Glass at pre-dinner time.

Our cruise was quite different, so not sure you'll see the same things offered as what we had.

Crew and passenger talent show was very good.

Have a great time! Come back and tell us all about it, ok??!!

Just an update. Since the refit, the daily trivias are now held in the Club Luxe, just along from the Mosaic, past the shops. There is a wake up one at 9.30, another at 4.30 and a music one at 5.15.

For our transatlantic there were also big trivias in the Looking Glass and a Battle of the Sexes, but these probably won't happen on port intensive cruises.

We like to spend on hour walking round the jogging track before breakfast.

On our January cruise the trivia was usually in Looking Glass. We had to split our team of eleven occasionally - due to complaints from smaller teams!

Archived