!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Being a swimmer, I love pools more than the average person and usually choose a resort with the pool in mind! :p And that second pool with the lazy river looks amazing!!

Is the beach really as small as the pictures show it?! :eek: Doesn't look like much of a desirable beach?

The sun does eventually come out and the beach gets crowded. I would not call the beach small, but yes what you see is what you get. The water was really warm, but very murky.

Just have to say Gambee this review is really fun and so informative! I think it has slightly surpassed my favorite review so far and I have three favorite repeat reviewers I follow.

Would you mind sharing your other favorites? I love Gambee's reviews but I'm going to EVENTUALLY run out of his reviews before I go on my cruise in 540 days!!! Lol

Thank you :)

You assume correctly, the only things that went in the safe were the wallet, docs and cellphone.

I never leave my computer in there either, I July put it outside somewhere. The camera was places in the lower drawer.

Is that something to worry about?

The way I see it is that only my room attendant goes in, I am sure he would not steal it.

I never gave much thought to it.

I lock anything and everything up... I've walked by cabins with the doors wide open and the cabin steward no where to be seen... Whether its my MacBook tethered to the TV wall mount, iPad in the safe or even just locked in my suitcase under the bed! I would like to think the crew wouldn't take anything but especially after the Disney cruise iPhone story when all the pics started loading onto that ones cloud... Who knows!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/05/23/disney-cruise-iphone-thief-uploads-photos-to-photo-stream-facebook_n_1539353.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you mind sharing your other favorites? I love Gambee's reviews but I'm going to EVENTUALLY run out of his reviews before I go on my cruise in 540 days!!! Lol

There are several. On the carnival board there is a professional photographer, I think she goes my Italianfemy. Ask around and someone will direct you. I rccl middleagedrama queen rocks! I forget others, but we have the fortune of having some really good reviewers here.

I lock anything and everything up... I've walked by cabins with the doors wide open and the cabin steward no where to be seen... Whether its my MacBook tethered to the TV wall mount, iPad in the safe or even just locked in my suitcase under the bed! I would like to think the crew wouldn't take anything but especially after the Disney cruise iPhone story when all the pics started loading onto that ones cloud... Who knows!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/05/23/disney-cruise-iphone-thief-uploads-photos-to-photo-stream-facebook_n_1539353.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmmm, I guess I will have to start being more careful. I never leave my camera in the room, well it is rare. But my computer is always just chilling there somewhere.

Thanks for the heads up Beth :)

Wow, your review just keeps getting better each day! Really enjoying it!!

Hmmm, I didn't get any email notifications for this thread today either. I had to just come here because I knew you would have posted........LOL I did get some notifications for some of my other threads but not this one.

Patty

Wow, your review just keeps getting better each day! Really enjoying it!!

Hmmm, I didn't get any email notifications for this thread today either. I had to just come here because I knew you would have posted........LOL I did get some notifications for some of my other threads but not this one.

Patty

I guess it must be a particular error to this thread, odd. Well I will just hope that people will remember to check it. I should be finished wait her by end of the week or beginning of next week.

Thank you for checking Patty, keep an eye tomorrow morning I should be able to finish Jamaica :)

I guess it must be a particular error to this thread, odd. Well I will just hope that people will remember to check it. I should be finished wait her by end of the week or beginning of next week.

Thank you for checking Patty, keep an eye tomorrow morning I should be able to finish Jamaica :)

Don't worry........I'll be checking in...... :-)

Quickly as to not hijack Gambee's review...I have been on Carnival up until now so the reiews I have followed have been from that line, but I see you have sailed CCL so should enjoy them.

MikeyA53 has four reviews with tons of pictures. You get to know and love his whole family. Here is his first review and he has links to his others in his signature: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1281134

Italianfemmy is a professional photographer so her pictures are beautiful and she gives tons of advice to others on how to make their pictures better. I ran across her second review recently however she doesn't have the link on signature, but should be easy to find: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1535997

TriciaEMTB wrote a review that was so sweet about a shy girl who cruised solo for her first cruise and LOVED it: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1520819&highlight=shy+girl+solo

These have been my favs so far...lots of pictures combined with great stories and personal touches. Hope you like them!

Now back to the end of our Silhouette cruise :D

Quickly as to not hijack Gambee's review...I have been on Carnival up until now so the reiews I have followed have been from that line, but I see you have sailed CCL so should enjoy them.

MikeyA53 has four reviews with tons of pictures. You get to know and love his whole family. Here is his first review and he has links to his others in his signature: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1281134

Italianfemmy is a professional photographer so her pictures are beautiful and she gives tons of advice to others on how to make their pictures better. I ran across her second review recently however she doesn't have the link on signature, but should be easy to find: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1535997

TriciaEMTB wrote a review that was so sweet about a shy girl who cruised solo for her first cruise and LOVED it: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1520819&highlight=shy+girl+solo

These have been my favs so far...lots of pictures combined with great stories and personal touches. Hope you like them!

Now back to the end of our Silhouette cruise :D

thanks for the info, I haven't read the Solo yet, will get into it once I am done here.

Hi!! just noticed your post on Gambee's Silhouette review and saw fond memories - BCL Veracruz. I was aboard for my first cruise, spring break in 1989 and it darn near scared me from cruising for life!! Just wondering what your experiences were.

Our favorite spot! It had a nice view of the ocean and I could keep an eye on my equipment while I was on the tub.

DSC02218_zpsf13b734f.jpg

Loving this review.

Did that chain around moms glasses prevent them from getting lost this time?

P. S. I was telling my mother in law, who's sailing on Breakaway May 26th, about your reviews and telling her I'm going to send the link when your Breakaway review is posted BUT THEN, I realized you come back the same day she boards! :(

Loving this review.

Did that chain around moms glasses prevent them from getting lost this time?

P. S. I was telling my mother in law, who's sailing on Breakaway May 26th, about your reviews and telling her I'm going to send the link when your Breakaway review is posted BUT THEN, I realized you come back the same day she boards! :(

I think so, but she still managed to lose one pair, she always gets those cheap $1 glasses so that is why she doesn't take care of them. I think now she is traveling with 2-3 pairs of glasses.

Me on the on the other hand, I take really good care of my glasses. Speaking which where are they :confused:

Yeah May 26 is probably the day that I will launch the review :)

DSC01030_zpsff445e61.jpg

Then it was back to our lounges to relax a little.

DSC01034_zps08d47def.jpg

DSC01035_zpsa1f92971.jpg

DSC01036_zps9f1e157d.jpg

Soon enough we were feeling a little hungry so we decide to head to waterfront dinning.

DSC01038_zpsccd4248c.jpg

It was actually raining the strongest at that moment, the couple in front of me had just arrived to the hotel for their vacation.

DSC01039_zps1af12c3c.jpg

DSC01042_zps832ad23f.jpg

DSC01043_zps4a0b2d80.jpg

DSC01044_zps7b367773.jpg

The coke there was nasty… I believe that the islands use their own sugar and water and that is what affects the taste of the coke. I found the same issue in Grenada some years back. I also ordered a pina colada and the server asks me if I want it virgin? Virgin? what the hell is virgin? =), No virgins for Gambee!!! HIT ME! bartender!

DSC01046_zps63a0f855.jpg

DSC01048_zpsdc421f7e.jpg

I ordered the fish and chips, it was good but nothing special

DSC01049_zps46e4601d.jpg

Mom ordered the shrimp flitters.

DSC01050_zps3eed81c6.jpg

Let me tell you something about this fritters, they had ZERO! shrimp in them, but oh my my my they were !!!!AMAZING!!!! I ate them all :D and I am proud of it! Seriously though they were really good.

DSC01051_zps28e03cfb.jpg

And a jerk chicken, please forgive me here, but this is the first time ever I try jerk chicken. How is Gambee supposed to know it is spicy =), I know pretty dumb. Anyway the chicken was supposed to be for mom and she wont eat anything spicy. So mom ended up eating my food, and I ate her food. I am not crazy about spicy food, but I did eat some of the chicken. I really did not wanted it to go to waste, the server had warned us that we were ordering too much food and I guess she was right in a way.

DSC01052_zpsb523a583.jpg

After dinner the sun came out and if I recall correctly mom went to the Jacuzzi and I ventured into the water park.

Short video walking back from lunch.

They have two slides, the ones that uses tubes (there we go tubes, now I remember :D) and the other one which uses no tubes and is split in 3 slides. I got videos of both slides.

The slide with the tube is amazing, I must of ridden it about 10 times :D

Please watch this video, I am very proud of how it came out.

And here is the other slide, honestly it is pretty crappy… not the video, the slide itself.

And a couple of pictures from the top of the slide.

DSC01088_zpse136aa2a.jpg

DSC01091_zpsd7ede04a.jpg

While the sun was out I must of ridden the main slide a bunch of times, I can't really recall how many. Every time I went there were only a few kids in line, virtually no line. The attendant was a little grumpy though, unless you were a hot chick he had zero intentions of socializing ;).

After that I decided to hit the lazy river for a few rounds.

The pool bar.

DSC01098_zpsaaf2d437.jpg

DSC01102_zps20da49a0.jpg

DSC01103_zps72eba92b.jpg

DSC01104_zps90657a19.jpg

With the sun deciding to show his face, mom wanted to go to the beach area. So we took all our stuff and quickly found a great place were my mom could be sheltered from the sun. How ironic is that, we wait for the sun and then my mom hides from it, lol. But in all fairness, skin cancer is no a thing to be messed with and it seems to be hereditary :-/

They had a little jerk chicken cart

DSC01110_zps1f533e08.jpg

DSC01111_zpse7b81245.jpg

DSC01112_zps7ae1fcb9.jpg

DSC01116_zps753ecfbe.jpg

DSC01117_zps630d6911.jpg