!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

DSC01125_zps2a235f40.jpg

I was in the water for about 5 minutes and then something rubbed on my leg, I could not tell what it was as the water was very murky. I could of been a fish or even algae, but being the scary cat that I am with the ocean…. well I will let this picture interpret how I got out of the water :D

24640_10200325114841972_1509171838_n.jpg

Yeah.. that was me getting out!

After I had calmed down from my near death experience I found a nice place to sit and expose my skin to some cancerous sun rays :D

DSC01134_zps61391a9e.jpg

Then my mom spotted me and she came to chill for a little while there.

DSC01135_zps62978bb4.jpg

Soon enough it was time to head out, so we grabbed our stuff and started heading towards the bus.

DSC01150_zps7256f3b5.jpg

DSC01151_zps5a2c4b68.jpg

DSC01152_zps748f486f.jpg

DSC01153_zpsda1d3feb.jpg

DSC01154_zpsa8211318.jpg

They had some vendors setup there with similar items to ones found in port.

DSC01165_zps7298e10c.jpg

While we were waiting outside a nice couple approached us, gosh I forgot both their name and screen name. I am so horrible with names and faces… Anyway they approached us and asked "by the way are you Gambee?" this my friends is the first time that anyone scopes gambee out. I was not wearing my signature hat that day, but I had discussed on the roll call thread that I wanted to visit the Hilton. Anyway they were super cool, we chatted for a few minutes and then the bus came to pic us up. Wait a minute wait a minute, her CC name was Mepsie :) there we go, Gambee knows how to research, at least it makes up for the crappy memory ;)

Nice meeting you Mepsie, by the way we found our bag. They had just put it on the wrong place.

Well let me conclude the Hilton review. Lets see someone asked me if I would do it it again? Possibly, but I get bored easily when repeating things and I like trying new things. So I might something different next time I go to Jamaica.

That said this place is great, we had a blast. I would recommend it to anyone that can afford it. The price is a little high in my opinion, but I guess if you go there and drink your moneys worth and use the water toys then it should even out.

The cost of this is supposed to be $95 I think, you prepay $30 for transport to jamaica for a day and then when you get to the Hilton you pay another $65 per person. You can pay in cash or credit card. Everything is payed for including tips, ill be honest and say that I did not bring extra money to tip more. I did not feel like carrying around wet dollar bills, I did keep so dry cash for the bus driver. I think I gave him $5 each way, but I don't recall anyone else giving him anything.

The food was great and so were the drinks, service was so so at best, nothing like the pampering of the cruise.

I am sure if the weather had cooperated I would of had much more fun, but overall I think this was the best port of our entire cruise. Granted the turtle touch and the Dolphin were fun, but the Hilton and the water slides brought that child out me and you tell me who does like feeling like a kid again?

Who knows I might even go there again, you just never know. Nothing is written in stone.

If you're on the fence about staying on the ship or doing something in Falmouth, I will tell you I done both and the Hilton wins hands down.

Do it!

For those of you wondering, yes the margaritaville is open. Bugsy ate there, he posted a few pics from the inside if you're interested.

Honestly the place seemed a little dead to me compared to other maragaritavilles.

DSC01178_zpsd6c02e94.jpg

DSC01179_zps2d80c409.jpg

DSC01180_zps031e9d4c.jpg

DSC01181_zps0659d57e.jpg

DSC01182_zps1e8a45b8.jpg

DSC01183_zps980f0867.jpg

Gambee you are too funny! Love the pic of the dog running out of the ocean..I’m still laughing. That would be me.:D My kids loved the video on the water slide. They now want to go there! I think it would be much easier on the wallet then our Atlantis trip.

We were back in the ship by 3:40, I tried logging into the internet but it was down again. The internet was very frustrating during the entire voyage, I wonder if it is an X problem or just this particular ship or voyage?

I started watching a movie and my mom got ready to go to mass. I wrote that she went to mass on day 4, but it was actually today I think. Sorry I am not really sure.

Anyway sail away came and I actually so immersed into the movie that I missed the first few minutes of it.

This pictures are back with my NEX camera.

DSC04179_zps5b4134ef.jpg

DSC04181_zps12c22b0b.jpg

DSC04183_zpsa362edf7.jpg

DSC04184_zps8f366087.jpg

DSC04185_zps4be575dd.jpg

DSC04186_zps75e3b07b.jpg

That's all I have for now, I will work on the next set after I something.

Gambee you are too funny! Love the pic of the dog running out of the ocean..I’m still laughing. That would be me.:D My kids loved the video on the water slide. They now want to go there! I think it would be much easier on the wallet then our Atlantis trip.

I am not joking that was exactly how I got out :eek:

Atlantis is what $165 pp, so yeah this is cheaper and includes drinks and food, so that makes it much cheaper.

I read your review of the Hilton because I often wonder if I am missing something when I don't get off the ship. It just seems to me that everything you had at the Hilton is pretty much what you get on the ship. A great pool, good lunch, hot tubs, towels and drinks. ANd we have already paid for it.That is why DH and I love to see everyone get off the ship so that we can enjoy a ship with fewer passengers. All those empty pool loungers!!

I will be honest in that we live close to the beach so beach days are plentiful in Fort Licquordale, opps I mean Fort Lauderdale.!!

Edited by FTLAUDER
ommission

I read your review of the Hilton because I often wonder if I am missing something when I don't get off the ship. It just seems to me that everything you had at the Hilton is pretty much what you get on the ship. A great pool, good lunch, hot tubs, towels and drinks. That is why DH and I love to see everyone get off the ship so that we can enjoy a ship with fewer passengers. All those empty pool loungers!!

I will be honest in that we live close to the beach so beach days are plentiful in Fort Licquordale, opps I mean Fort Lauderdale.!!

Yeah I know what you mean, I gave it a lot of thought before making a move on the Hilton. I had pretty much the same argument you had, but that said some people want a change of scenery (different folks, different strokes). Wether it is worth it simply depends what the person wants to get out of it. In my case the lazy river and the slides did it for us, I had so much there, I know something so simple but yet it was great.

But I do see your point, specially since I had the 123 promotion on board.

OMG!!:D I have to thank you so much for the picture of the dog getting out...not;). I showed my husband and son as it reminded me of an incident when our son was small and we were swimming near Bradenton. A whole school of fish swam past me, over me and under me when I was floating. I started jumping around squealing (I thought one had gone down the front of my swimsuit).:eek: I then, according to them, looked like that dog getting out of the water. To this day I keep my feet on the ground and am on the lookout for fish around me. The sight of a school of fish has me doing the dog leap.

You continue to "WOW" me with your pictures and stories. I feel like I am listening to my friends telling me about their trip. I get so drawn in to your adventures. Thank you (with a big hug.)

I read your review of the Hilton because I often wonder if I am missing something when I don't get off the ship. It just seems to me that everything you had at the Hilton is pretty much what you get on the ship. A great pool, good lunch, hot tubs, towels and drinks. ANd we have already paid for it.That is why DH and I love to see everyone get off the ship so that we can enjoy a ship with fewer passengers. All those empty pool loungers!!

Well, you can't sit on the beach on the ship...and I think the pools are WAY nicer at the resort, and shaded with palm trees! Not to mention, I think it's nice to have a bus ride and take in a little of the country. That's why we venture off the ship.

That said, we looked at the Rose Hall excursion and decided $400 for a beach/pool day was just too much money. Instead we paid $29/pp and did the Chukka Beach Break, which was basically just beach access.

I think it MIGHT be worth it if it were a gorgeous day and you could take full advantage of the pools/beach...but Gambee, does the time change in Jamaica work against you? I would want to be there right at 11am to take full advantage and spend as much time there as possible...what time is the ride back?

OMG!!:D I have to thank you so much for the picture of the dog getting out...not;). I showed my husband and son as it reminded me of an incident when our son was small and we were swimming near Bradenton. A whole school of fish swam past me, over me and under me when I was floating. I started jumping around squealing (I thought one had gone down the front of my swimsuit).:eek: I then, according to them, looked like that dog getting out of the water. To this day I keep my feet on the ground and am on the lookout for fish around me. The sight of a school of fish has me doing the dog leap.

You continue to "WOW" me with your pictures and stories. I feel like I am listening to my friends telling me about their trip. I get so drawn in to your adventures. Thank you (with a big hug.)

You know when I used to surf I found myself in a school of fish a couple of times, it is not a fun situation when the fish are being followed by larger fish :eek:

When I saw that picture I saw myself there, glad you enjoy it :D.

Thank you for following along :)

Well, you can't sit on the beach on the ship...and I think the pools are WAY nicer at the resort, and shaded with palm trees! Not to mention, I think it's nice to have a bus ride and take in a little of the country. That's why we venture off the ship.

That said, we looked at the Rose Hall excursion and decided $400 for a beach/pool day was just too much money. Instead we paid $29/pp and did the Chukka Beach Break, which was basically just beach access.

I think it MIGHT be worth it if it were a gorgeous day and you could take full advantage of the pools/beach...but Gambee, does the time change in Jamaica work against you? I would want to be there right at 11am to take full advantage and spend as much time there as possible...what time is the ride back?

Oh my, please don't ask gambee about times, we all know how horrible I am that. What I do know is that X adjusts their times to current time of each port, so there is no confusion there.

I believe the bus departed at 3pm, but that all variates with different schedule of each cruise ship and I believe you wont know until the driver tells you the details.

oh my gosh, I just thought I would get fired!!! :eek:I laughed so hard at you and the photo of the dog when something touched your leg. Especially when you wrote " your near death experience!" :D The CEO got up from his desk and came in my office and gave me one of those looks!!!!

I had to show him the photo, WHEW!!! he cracked up and then, oh poor me, I had to go to the beginning of your review so he could look at all your photos. We just did the photo's, he will go back and read your comments. He wanted to know what travel company you work for and where your photographs get published. Imagine his suprise when I told him you do this for the love of sharing your expierences.

I think you have a new viewer, I had to show him how to sign on here and how to look at these reviews. He is booked on Allure later this year and he is going to look at that review. I'm going to sneak in his office after lunch and I bet I'll find him looking at your photo's.......

You are one very, very talented young man. Thank you so much for sharing these amazing experiences with us.

oh my gosh, I just thought I would get fired!!! :eek:I laughed so hard at you and the photo of the dog when something touched your leg. Especially when you wrote " your near death experience!" :D The CEO got up from his desk and came in my office and gave me one of those looks!!!!

I had to show him the photo, WHEW!!! he cracked up and then, oh poor me, I had to go to the beginning of your review so he could look at all your photos. We just did the photo's, he will go back and read your comments. He wanted to know what travel company you work for and where your photographs get published. Imagine his suprise when I told him you do this for the love of sharing your expierences.

I think you have a new viewer, I had to show him how to sign on here and how to look at these reviews. He is booked on Allure later this year and he is going to look at that review. I'm going to sneak in his office after lunch and I bet I'll find him looking at your photo's.......

You are one very, very talented young man. Thank you so much for sharing these amazing experiences with us.

LOL, that is hilarious I am sure a lot of people will get a quick laugh out of that, I know I did! It is a good thing that you did not get fired and I got a new reader out of it, I am sure he will enjoy the Allure review. Something tells me he wont get any work done for the rest of the day :D.

I will post the rest of day 5 before heading to work.

I took some pictures of the side of the martini bar.

DSC04240_zpse9b7d1e4.jpg

DSC04245_zpsc9e3859c.jpg

DSC04249_zps7b425487.jpg

They had a drummer and a DJ, great combination! Loved them.

DSC04253_zps1eab8bad.jpg

Here is a short video with the drummer on the background!