!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Thanks Gambee. I just watched the video. I actually needed some of the help from the audience on that one. The karaoke system that they have doesn't really have pitch control, just up one or down one, and I don't think they lowered it at all. I usually do that song down a third from the Chairman of the Board, but gave it the old "what the heck" try.

You are a great singer!!! I love karaoke, I only watch because I don't sing :)

Gambee:The fisheye pictures are just AMAZING!!!

Love it all! The fish eye lense pics are also very cool. My hub is also a "amateur" photog and he would LOOOOVE hanging out with you...

I remember reading once another LIVE review and he posted a fish eye photo. A woman commented on the photo, "Oh! Look how far you can see in the photo! You can actually see the curvature of the earth!!" :D Tee hee.

your bff, Stacey

Now that was a very funny comment got a good laugh out of me.

Oh good. Then it's settled. Now that I know you're also an Office fan, it's even more solidified in my brain. Cruising with Gambee would be so fun, I already know it. We can run away from acapela groups and trip obnoxious neighbors as they run past us down hallways. Grab your bf, I'll grab the hub, and away we go.

your bff, Stacey

Lol, we were meant for each other :D

Oh good. Then it's settled. Now that I know you're also an Office fan, it's even more solidified in my brain. Cruising with Gambee would be so fun, I already know it. We can run away from acapela groups and trip obnoxious neighbors as they run past us down hallways. Grab your bf, I'll grab the hub, and away we go.

your bff, Stacey

Ummm, I am going to join BTW!!! :D We all need to take the same cruise sometime in the future!

Very awesome fish eye shot of the Wonder. That was our first cruise way back in 2006 and the one that started the cruising bug for us.:)

I agree that the moon reflection night shot is also great.

Heather

Ahh the Wonder, she was our first cruise too! We caught the bug from her back in 2002! :eek: Appreciate Gambee's picture!

Gambee do you live in Ft. Lauderdale?

Very awesome fish eye shot of the Wonder. That was our first cruise way back in 2006 and the one that started the cruising bug for us.:)

I agree that the moon reflection night shot is also great.

Heather

Glad you liked them Heather :)

That's me walking down the stairs, in the second picture of post 888. And I am also in one of your pictures in post 886 watching Disney Wonders' sail-away.

I feel special now that I have appeared in one of your pictures...;-).

Keep up the good work on your wonderful review!

I'll have to go look for you when I get home. Going back pages on my phone is not the easiest thing.

I really liked the fisheye tour through the ship!

Thank you

Gambee,

I know you must have heard them too! There were one or two families with several kids who allowed their children to run in the halls. Since you and I were only a few cabins apart we both share this experience.

Those that know me from this board know that I have been cruising with my kids since they were 7 and 9. I have always had a rule:

No Running, Ever on a Cruise Ship!

I ingrained that into my children since day one, mostly to be courteous to others who might not be as spry as them, and for safety reasons, but our neighbors, added another reason:

Running is really the only noise that can be heard from the hallways in the rooms.

I never heard voices, or noise from the other areas of the ship, but the running reverberates very loudly into the staterooms.

I hardly even noticed the 500+ kids on this cruise. Celebrity youth kept them well occupied, and for the most party they were nice kids with nice families who were very attentive to the kids.

To be honest, the running wasn't that often and that bad, but when I would hear it I'd say to myself "oh its those kids running again" and I love kids.:D

I also have to admit to acutally breaking my own rule one day. I was booking a future cruise and had to run back to my room to get my Credit Card. I tried to run as softly as possible. :o

I hope this post doesn't sound too grumpy, because it absolutely did not ruin my cruise at all, the weather didn't even bother me, but kids and adults don't run in the halls. (unless you do it very softly to get your credit card when booking a future cruise) :D

Trust me when I tell you that it is possible to hear the people in the room next to you and the kids you heard running were most likely my lovely neighbors. Then did that none stop!

Gambee:The fisheye pictures are just AMAZING!!!

Thank you :)

Ummm, I am going to join BTW!!! :D We all need to take the same cruise sometime in the future!

Ahh the Wonder, she was our first cruise too! We caught the bug from her back in 2002! :eek: Appreciate Gambee's picture!

Yes I do :).

Ummm, I am going to join BTW!!! We all need to take the same cruise sometime in the future!

Ahh the Wonder, she was our first cruise too! We caught the bug from her back in 2002! Appreciate Gambee's picture!

I'm in. Gambee and my hub can swap photography and growing up in Florida stories while speaking in Spanish, and we can keep a lookout for errant acapella groups and freakishly tiny martini glasses while working our way through the drink menus.

Edited by sredish

totally agree, this is an amazing photograph! All the photographs are great, but this hits the ball out of the park!!! simply incredible ......love, love, love it and may borrow it for a screen saver.......duh, what did I do wrong, wanted the photo of the moon, sky and sea.....ugh!

Edited by venicia

I'm in. Gambee and my hub can swap photography and growing up in Florida stories while speaking in Spanish, and we can keep a lookout for errant acapella groups and freakishly tiny martini glasses while working our way through the drink menus.

Lol, you already wrote the book ;-)

But yeah no a capella groups, NEVER!

Awesome! I love Ft. Lauderdale and plan to move there in 4 years!

We like it here, except during those 3 months of the year when it is too hot to breath!

Thanks!

Welcome =)

totally agree, this is an amazing photograph! All the photographs are great, but this hits the ball out of the park!!! simply incredible ......love, love, love it and may borrow it for a screen saver.......duh, what did I do wrong, wanted the photo of the moon, sky and sea.....ugh!

Glad you liked it =), you're welcome to use it.

On no ....how am I going to keep up with 3 of you? I'll never get anything done this week....lol

=), life is rough huh?

Columbus was right!! The world IS round :D

Great picture.

Thank you :)

Gambee,

Sorry I haven't had a chance to read the Allure review... but i will....after this one, otherwise I too will be unemployed :/

Open waters ehhh....sharks..... have you ever thought of cruising downunder?

Not really, right now we are focused on traveling new ships. Maybe later on it will shift to different itineraries. Plus sailing from Ft. Lauderdale is much more reasonable for us $, if you know what I mean ;)

Hummmmm JAMAICA…..

Well lets go straight to the point, for those of you who are not aware by now this is not Gambee's favorite port. Why? Well I am gay and visiting possibly the most homophobic country on the western hemisphere is not top on my list. On my past review I stated how much I disliked Falmouth and I would possibly not visit that port ever again. Well with given circumstances I happened to be heading back to Falmouth once again.

Initially our plans were to chill by the pool in the ship and maybe get off to get some pictures of the RCCL complex and see how it had changed since our past visit in November.

I gave this a lot of thought and eventually had change of mind. I understand that there is a lot of hatred against homosexuals there and as a visiting tourist there is little I can do about it other than not going. I will not be part of the problem and help create more hatred against a group of people simply because they hate me. If they want to hate me, thats fine, but I will not hate you for such given reason. Now is something was done towards me then I am sure that would not be my point of view, but until then I will stay neutral and enjoy my vacations :).

Once I had stablished that I was ok with doing something in Jamaica in a safe manner for myself, I started looking for possibilities. Initially I had my eyes set on the catamaran trip, but it just seemed a little bit over priced for what you got. It was also a very good thing I decided not to do it, because the weather that day was not the best and they most likely cancelled that shore excursion that day. I also looked into other possibilities, I am not entirely sure where the idea came from but then I set eyes on the Rose Hilton. Once I had my eyes set on it the rest is history, I had to go there!

I decided to book the tour with Jamaica for a day, I believe that is the only company that does the tour. Please remember that all this was done two days prior leaving on our cruise, we were on a very tight schedule and a lot of shore excursions were sold out. I will not go into details of what happened during the process of making the reservation, as it is not relevant to the review. But I will however say one thing, this company is top notch, the very best customer service I have ever had. They bended over backwards for me that day to make this wonderful day possible for my mom and I. I would like to thank Stuart for all your help day, very nice fellow :). As you all know I am special case and I just wanted to take care of a few details prior venturing into Jamaica. Talking to him helped me ease out a bit and go into vacation mode.

So all that said, I am very happy that I changed my mind and decided to be more open minded about situations like this. Not everyone has to accept who I am and I respect that, but as long as I respect their local laws there should be no reason why I should not be able to enjoy myself everywhere I go. Granted it is not an ideal situation, if my bf would of been there with us, most likely he would had to stay onboard and avoid another issue like last time.

Ok enough of that lets get started with Jamaica.

We woke up early in the morning around 6:30 to see the ship pull into port, I grabed my camera and took some pictures.

The weather had a bit of hope on it and we were praying that the sun would come out at least for a few minutes.

DSC04132_zps3fc7e5d5.jpg

DSC04133_zps84c9c0f7.jpg

DSC04134_zps66ab117a.jpg

DSC04136_zps65d04a87.jpg

That complex seem to be dead in the water, no construction since last time. I believe it was seized by the government from a drug-lord, but I am not sure about this.

DSC04143_zpsc8bf4bdb.jpg

DSC04161_zpsea3e00f4.jpg

Turning...

DSC04162_zps35c5cb4d.jpg

And now backing in.

DSC04163_zpsfb5c8393.jpg

This was a funny moment, let me explain. My uncle was at the same time in Jamaica as we were, he was in an all inclusive resort near by. When I saw this small vessel approaching the ship the first thing that came to my mind was that he had come to hi. Don't ask me why I thought that, but I guess it was wishful thinking. I quickly starting snapping pictures to see if I could get some faces with my zoom lens.

DSC04164_zps151a02e5.jpg

DSC04165_zpsbb09456a.jpg

DSC04167_zps82fe13f4.jpg