Reflection - help choosing a cabin!

serenevasister

Hi everyone,

I am new to Cruise Critic and I've learnt so much about cruising reading the reviews and forum talks.

I'm also new to cruising and have never been on a cruise before - but now I will be booking on an April cruise on Celebrity Reflection as there is a seminar being held on board. This is all very exciting for me - particularly as I will be flying from Australia - but there are a few details about cabin choice I'd like some help with.

I have read the reviews, studied the spreadsheet, the deck plans and examined photos of the ship - and I just can't decide which cabin to book. I will be travelling solo and what I can work out is that I pay around an extra $600 for solo supplement (when I do a dummy run on Celebrity's website booking).

I have thought about the oceanview cabins but haven't been able to find any reviews - then I've considered aft, forward, hump and now it's becoming way too confusing as there is so much choice!! I've learnt it's best to avoid Deck 12 and also Deck 6 - so I would probably choose from 8 to 10.

I'd like to not be looking down at lifeboats or breathing in second hand smoke! I don't mind walking and I'm happy to use stairs rather than the elevators. My main priorities are nice view and quiet!

Any suggestions are most welcome! Thanks!:)

Thanks for the replies.

I have no idea if I would get sea sick. I don't suffer from motion sickness in cars - and haven't on ferries etc.

Thanks for the tip of starboard side. I will definitely book one on that side. I was leaning towards a forward cabin but perhaps midship would be best!

Thanks!:)

Thanks for the replies.

I have no idea if I would get sea sick. I don't suffer from motion sickness in cars - and haven't on ferries etc.

Thanks for the tip of starboard side. I will definitely book one on that side. I was leaning towards a forward cabin but perhaps midship would be best!

Thanks!:)

If you don't get sick on ferries, I wouldn't worry about a cruise ship.

Okay thanks!

I'm quite interested in the forward cabins as I would feel a little further away from the crowd. Has anyone travelled in the cabins 7110 or 8110 - or any of the cabins closest to the front. I see by the time you get to deck 9 the bridge may impact on the view. Is this correct? And on Deck 10.

I imagine also that Deck 6 right up the front would be okay without any obstruction from the view and only the theatre below???

Ohh - and then I think about heading to the back!!!

Decisions!!!!:confused:

Archived