Help! Trying to book excursions

Nylsor

I am trying to book excursions for our Alaska cruise from Vancouver Sept 8 on Century. I log in, go to 'My Celebrity', click on manage reservations, click on Explore Land and Shore excursions, go to Juneau, find Dog Sledding on the Mendenhall Glacier and click on Book now - and it takes me back to the 'My Celebrity' page. I have been going round in circles now for more than an hour. Our cruise is booked and paid for. I didn't have any problems in booking and paying for Speciality Dining in the Murano restaurant. Can anyone help? What am I doing wrong?

Probably nothing wrong at your end. The Celebrity website is full of such glitches.

Three options:

Call Captain's Club (assuming you have cruised before, and book over the phone

Call your Travel Agent, if you booked through a TA

Don't go through "My Celebrity". If you are in "My Celebrity" log out of it and wait about half an hour. Then, On the website home page, choose the drop down "Already Booked" menu. Choose "On Line Check In" even though that isn't what you are trying to do. Enter your booking number and other information, then try to book the shore excursion. Sometimes that gets around the glitches.

If that doesn't work, wait a couple of days and try again. Sometimes these glitches mysteriously disappear.

I had similar problems yesterday on both Celebrity and RCI websites. Just wanted to look at excursions for our upcoming celebrity Baltic cruise but kept getting messages that no excursions were available.

On RCI wanted to book a cruise but that proved impossible and ended up booking over the telephone instead. Then received 3 confirmation of booking emails all identical but inaccurate.

We found that it is better to book tours in the port. You will be in the US. It is safe and you will not only get a better price but you can get better tours. We also found that if the weather is bad you are not stuck with going like you would be if you booked in advance thru the ship. It could be raining, cold or the water could be cloudy and that is not good of doing a underwater viewing type tour.

We booked a helicopter tour on shore. Instead of being very large like a bus it only seated 4 plus the pilot. It was a bubble type. The tour was longer and cheaper. Same with the float plane, smaller, less passengers and longer.

Another was a river rafting tour we booked in Sagway. After the river portion the van driver and tour guide asked if we were in a hurry. There was only 6 of us and said no. He took us on a tour around the area. He said if we booked thru the cruise line he wouldnt have been able to deviate. He then dropped us off at the Skagway Brewery where he worked in the evenings. We went in had a few beers, lunch and got a discount thru him. Tour didnt cost much and was a lot of fun.

We booked the glacier dog sled on Princess and it was just wonderful. Make sure you book this in advance....even though it's an expensive excursion, it sells out before the cruise and they can't just add helicopters...so if it's sold out, it's sold out.

We did Alaska in 2009--and thanks to CC and the Alaska forum, booked our own tours!! And they were great!! Small groups, so we saw a lot! No waitign around for 75 other of ur best newly made friends,lol As well a lot of times on ones Roll call, people start up tours and then join them! I'm sure you already know that though. Best of luck

Archived