cigarette prices onboard

Does anyone know the price of a carton of cigarettes on board the ships?

Thank you

I saw a picture someone took of the shop and they were going for approx. $25-30 per carton -- they were showing things like 3 for $75 and up, depending on brand.

Does anyone know the price of a carton of cigarettes on board the ships?

Thank you

If I remember they do not sell Camel smokes on board, mostly Marlboro and some strange foreign brands. You can score great deals when you get off the ship, $12 a carton, the further out you go from port the cheaper they get.

Marlboro are most often found. Camel's were sold on my last cruise on Mariner. I think the only time I recall they were not sold was on my last Princess cruise.

They typically are $27 a carton. They have some specials for 2 carton packs too. I think they did away with the old 4 carton packs though.

I'm not sure where you are sailing, but I do know St. Thomas has some good duty free prices. In the W. Caribbean the best price was onboard.

I cruised Mariner of the seas in December 2010, bought a carton of Camel Lights (now Camel Blue's) for around $32.00 i believe, couldn't go wrong. I don't know what they carry on board now in terms of brand, but the prices are very good, thats why they limit you on how many each person can bring off the ship lol :)

We were just on the Allure where most cigarettes were 2/$52. We bought in St. Thomas so we could bring in 5 cartons each - paying 5/$125. In St. Maarten they were about $17-$18 a carton - but then you can only safely bring in 1 carton per person.

When exiting the ship, the customs officer never asked one question about cigarettes or alcohol.

We were just on the Allure where most cigarettes were 2/$52. We bought in St. Thomas so we could bring in 5 cartons each - paying 5/$125. In St. Maarten they were about $17-$18 a carton - but then you can only safely bring in 1 carton per person.

When exiting the ship, the customs officer never asked one question about cigarettes or alcohol.

Catching before hanging. We never had issues with multiple cartons.

Marlboro are most often found. Camel's were sold on my last cruise on Mariner. I think the only time I recall they were not sold was on my last Princess cruise.

They typically are $27 a carton. They have some specials for 2 carton packs too. I think they did away with the old 4 carton packs though.

I'm not sure where you are sailing, but I do know St. Thomas has some good duty free prices. In the W. Caribbean the best price was onboard.

Actually, we are going to be in St. Thomas and we have gotten them at A H Riise before but I couldn't remember how much they there. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering for those who have sailed both RCI and Celebrity and smoke...

I noticed in Gambee's Celebrity Silhouette review, a picture showed Marlboro's at 2/$65! That is quite an increase of 2/$57. Does anyone know if they have always charged more? Or has RCI also raised prices?

I'm just curious, but if that is the case, then my strategy will change for the next cruise. I'm in MO, one of the few states where taxes are still fairly low. I can still buy a carton for $32 from time to time here.

Had I known, I could have saved my friend $70-$80 :( but I wonder where they're made when buying in St. Maarten? St. Thomas are labeled that they're made in NC.

I can't tell you where they are made from, but I can tell you that a pack of Marlboro's from St Maarten/Martin are not the same from USA. They are much cheaper but you feel like you are smoking air!

Archived