Military hotel Hale Koa per cruise

jeo_la

Has anyone stayed at the afrc hotel Kale Koa pre cruise? How was location?

You are on the ewa (west) side of Waikiki, some of the nicest strand of white sand beach, very mild surf and inexpensive water sport rentals, such as scuba. Also nice food carts/shave ice stands located here.

The grounds are beautiful and well shaded, very close to public transportation, free trolleys (Saratoga Rd) and shopping (Beachwalk, Lewers and Kalakaua).You are also located right next to Hilton Hawaiian Village with Lappert's Ice Cream, fire works displays, luaus and more.

I have not stayed there but can tell you that it is on beautiful grounds, the beach is great and the location is too. We walk through the parklike grounds everytime we are there. Our military deserve to have such a wonderful place to stay when they are in Hawaii.

They are rated #1 of 48 "Specialty Lodging" on Oahu per tripadvisor.

I have not stayed at the hotel, but have visited Fort DeRussy. It is an absolutely beautiful location. Within walking distance of all of Waikiki.

And if you get the chance to go into the DeRussy Museum, it is small but worth the hour or so to walk through it. It was free admission the three times we went, just asking for donations.

I would not be afraid to give it a try after reading Tripadvisor.

DH and I love the Hale Koa. Not only is it a great location but the two (?three) restaurants on property are decent and there is a small PX. We walked down the beach to House Without a Key that offers traditional hula at sunset on their outside restaurant deck which was a highlight of our trip. The room rates are based on the military members rank (either current or at retirement) and most have water views.

Archived