Greatest Alaskan Souvenirs

joeandsue

I love this thread! Which stores would you recommend in Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan? Should we allow the same amount of time for shopping in each?

Is there something specifically you are interested in? Otherwise these are pretty small towns and most shops can be viewed a just a few hours.

• 4 years later...
On 4/11/2013 at 9:26 PM, GiGi said:

I collect local reusable grocery store shopping bags too (I thought I was the only one). Do you remember where you got your shopping bag? We'll be stopping in Ketchikan, Icy Straight, Juneau, and Skagway as well as a land tour afterward that includes Talkeetna, Denali, and Anchorage. We will not have a car during our trip.

I know this is WAY after the fact, but my Alaska bag came from Fred Meyers in Fairbanks and I think they are all over the state. We did a cruisetour so we didn't have a car either (major culture shock for me!) but there was a free shuttle that circled from our hotel through the shopping district that we used to get the bag and the drinks & snacks for the land tour

On 4/7/2013 at 7:31 PM, dacjam said:

Tmy cheap bear claw salad forks. I don't use the salad forks, but they were only 99 cents and they make me smile when I open my utensil drawer.

That made me laugh.  My grandparents did an Alaska cruise many years ago and that was what they brought me back (the bear claw salad tongs).  The best part is though, I use them at least weekly if not more often.  They make me smile too everytime I use them!