Evil Cat at Aruba's Natural Bridge

zina1017

Anyone who is going to the Natural Bridge, there is a small restaurant/gift shop there. If you see a cat hanging out inside DO NOT TRY TO PET HIM/HER!! Both times I've gone there, I've tried to make friends with this cat, and both times the cat tried to bite me! Especially if you have little kids who love cats, beware of this one!!!

I was in Aruba in May and I saw this cat. While I was there this cat was well behaved and bothered no one. It walked through the store and laid down on it's chair and slept.

In my opinion, during my visit to this gift shop, the cat did not try to bite anyone because all of the patrons there KNEW HOW TO READ!!!!

There were 2 signes placed above the areas that this cat frequented telling you to NOT pet or molest this cat in any way because it had a tendency to bite.

Moral to the story, If you do not have the mental capacity to heed a written warning stating that the animal in question will bite you if you try to pet it, you can't blame the cat when you get bit. :cool:

MJ25:

It just sounded to me that-zina1017-was just trying to be helpful to others.

Being that it is a big tourist attraction, and that children would likely be visiting.

Maybe she didn't see the signs-that you alluded to?

However, I would rather subject myself to a cat bite, than your attitude.....

There are diplomatic ways of wording a posting, but you apparently don't get it.

Sorry.

ZINA:

Thanks for the information. We will be visiting Aruba & the natural bridge-

in February.

You had good intentions with your posting; I apologize for the other posting, in which their arrogance was more evident-than their message.

Sorry if I offended the two of you. I can also see why you are so concerned about this animal. If my skin was as thin as you two, I would be worried about a cat bite too.

I guess the verdict is in and I will now go away.

It was not my intent to offend anyone (Zina) and I am sorry if I did with my original post. I have to admit that I was a little upset when I posted the second post. (Hind sight shows that I should have let some time pass) I didn't think that Magnum PI had the right to, nor did I need him to, apologize for me or my post.

The truth is I am a very nice person and my table mates and I had a wonderful time.

From now on I will only post nice and happy things! I promise! :D

PS - I am the M of MJ.

Zina1017, I thank you for posting this warning. I was at the Natural Bridge this past February but I did not see this cat. As with most postings, most people either don't see them or fail to read them. You can take comfort in the knowledge that you have warned potential site visitors. Thanks again.:)

• 4 weeks later...

I am a cat lover--inside & outside... It is never a good idea to pet someone else's pets...you could pick up something & infect your own pets & do not know how friendly the animal is--anyhow since we are a NO to Aruba til Natalee is found it won't be a problem for us!

• 5 months later...
First of all, I wonder why any business owner would have an animal (that required a warning notice like that) in the store, where it might come in contact with the customers? Seems like they are asking for trouble.

Things seems to operate a little differently down there, or any other country for that matter.

Archived