Poll: Quantum of the Seas

One of these hot new innovations will be found on Quantum. Which is it?  

871 members have voted

1. 1. One of these hot new innovations will be found on Quantum. Which is it?

• Petting zoo
    • Roller coaster
    • Hot air balloon rides
    • Revolving rooftop restaurant
    • Bumper cars
    • Water skiing platform
    • Ferris wheel
    • Bungee jumping
    • Go Kart track

There are some renderings of the ship that were released overnight. For those who thought maybe hot air balloon, you were close. There's a telescoping/rotating view pod that looks to be a main feature on the pool deck. Pod would take you way up and out over the side of the ship. Surely, this will be a fee based attraction, but it sure seems like a cool idea.

There are some renderings of the ship that were released overnight. For those who thought maybe hot air balloon, you were close. There's a telescoping/rotating view pod that looks to be a main feature on the pool deck. Pod would take you way up and out over the side of the ship. Surely, this will be a fee based attraction, but it sure seems like a cool idea.

Do you happen to have a link to the renderings? I missed the video before it was removed... Meeting at at 10 so I may miss the first part of the PR conference.

Thanks!

Yes, observation pod, bumper cars, and sky diving have all been confirmed from that video.

I've got a little scoop a few minutes ahead of the big reveal. My parking lot on the west side of Manhattan has been turned into a staging site for a RCL sponsored skydiving machine. It was under construction since Sunday and this morning has Quantum of the Seas signage all over. THis is obviously going to be a new onboard attraction. I watched a few people testing it last night and it looks super cool. The lot is at 10th Ave and 18th St for those New Yorkers who'd like to swing by and check it out.

I've got a little scoop a few minutes ahead of the big reveal. My parking lot on the west side of Manhattan has been turned into a staging site for a RCL sponsored skydiving machine. It was under construction since Sunday and this morning has Quantum of the Seas signage all over. THis is obviously going to be a new onboard attraction. I watched a few people testing it last night and it looks super cool. The lot is at 10th Ave and 18th St for those New Yorkers who'd like to swing by and check it out.

Yes, simulated skydiving, bumper cars, and a retractable pod viewing platform have all been revealed in the video this morning (that was taken down).

Awesome, Pearlrivercruisers!!!

That's one of the features being intro'd shortly....

Carolyn

Despite the fact that almost 60 percent of voters predicted today's announcement would include reference to a revolving rooftop -- it's not going to be a revolving rooftop. Instead: the winner is -- bumper cars.

I'm guessing that the most controversial new addition isn't the sky diving thingamajiggy but the observation glass ball thingie. You?

Carolyn

I think the most controversial thing is all the links posted for the live streams and introduction videos do not work. :mad: I've tried everything I can think of to watch the goings on and nothing works!

Archived