Poll: Quantum of the Seas

One of these hot new innovations will be found on Quantum. Which is it?  

871 members have voted

1. 1. One of these hot new innovations will be found on Quantum. Which is it?

• Petting zoo
    • Roller coaster
    • Hot air balloon rides
    • Revolving rooftop restaurant
    • Bumper cars
    • Water skiing platform
    • Ferris wheel
    • Bungee jumping
    • Go Kart track

Someone in a similar thread posted this interview with Adam Goldstein:

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000160459&play=1

In this interview he was specifically questioned on the new WOW features. His response was that RCCL is known for their Ice Skating Rinks, Flow Rider Surf Machines and Rock CLimbing Walls and that on the Quantum they've TAKEN IT UP A NOTCH. He also stated that the new innovations would make the Quantum able to be "up for the game" in competing with NCL's new Breakaway.

Hmmm... seems to me that these new WOW features are very much "activities" based.

I didn't mean the Flow Curl specifically, I meant more the development of the surf park idea, as I think there's still potential there - I would assume Waveloch are involved as consultants/suppliers as part of the project so it's possible - certainly more likely that some of the other ideas I've seen ;)

Have you ever seen the lazy river - wouldn't that be fun to just float along while at sea????

I voted for revolving restaurant but would really like to see a family bowling alley

hahaha............so would I and I don't ever go bowling but I think it would be fun and something to do in bad weather...........or even just in the evening. I write that on all the questionnaires I fill out as a suggestion.........LOL

Water parks/rides don't generate revenue, a rotating restaurant will entertain and bring in additional fees.:(

Not all the WOW features on their other ships generate revenue ......the only revenue they generate is enticing people to cruise on that ship. I mean the flow rider, rock climbing walls, zip line, Merry go Round, etc. do not generate revenue so why does this WOW have to generate revenue?

I have been on freedom class and I saw no lazy river on it

There isn't but I think the OP was referring to the round pool in the H2O Zone.

Thanks for that answer I have been on freedom several times and don't remember a lazy river. Would have floated in had there been one.

I can't get that video to load! Website must be overloaded! I'm so curious!

It comes and goes, RCL is playing games! :D

Sailing out of the New York area, the new Quantum of the Seas elevates cruising. With newly designed staterooms, game-changing-technology, groundbreaking venues and the best dining ever, it won’t be long before you find a huge WOW upon your lips.

Bumper cars rather than Go Karts...yip that will do me :D

Sky diving...mmm....not quite sure about that yet. :o

"New York New York is a wonderful place "

Oh my gawd I have been singing that song now for the last 2 hours.:p

Empire State building here I come :D

Because people sit at the bar for long periods, drinking and then get to lazy to go to the loo as they should. :eek: ( and yes I am sure that some people do that anyway, but why encourage it ) :D

Nah.. I don't think so. They have them in many resorts. I'd be more worried about the little kids in the pool.

Archived