Poll: Quantum of the Seas

One of these hot new innovations will be found on Quantum. Which is it?  

871 members have voted

1. 1. One of these hot new innovations will be found on Quantum. Which is it?

• Petting zoo
    • Roller coaster
    • Hot air balloon rides
    • Revolving rooftop restaurant
    • Bumper cars
    • Water skiing platform
    • Ferris wheel
    • Bungee jumping
    • Go Kart track

I chose the revolving restaurant because it seems to be the most feasible.

Most other options also have their own merit as to why it could be the actual feature. A roller coaster and ferris wheel tie in to the Boardwalk theme if this ship will have that area. The hot air balloon was tested on Oasis. A bungee jump would be a unique experience, but would have to be located to ensure safety (not over the side of the ship) and would probably require a fee to reduce the demand. Go karts are an interesting option - but typically really noisy and would drown the sports zone in noise (assuming that's the location.) A water ski platform seems like Flowrider 2.0. The one which seems unlikely (to me) - a petting zoo. Who wants the upkeep of that on a ship?!?

A bungee jump isn't too far off, I could see them doing this since NCL's Breakaway will have a plank to walk out on.

Would love to see Hot Air Balloons, a BIG ferris wheel or a roller coaster (my choice), but I bet we'll get "stuck" with a revolving rooftop restaurant for pay.

We'd forgotten about the hot air balloon!

Carolyn

So many revolving restaurant picks - is it people on here know it's going to be a revolving rooftop restaurant or is that just the pick they hoping for? Because that would seem like an expensive addition to a cruise ship and one which would most likely be prone to breaking down like the bar on Radiance.

I wouldn't be surprised to see either the ferris-wheel or hot air balloon. Maybe the engineers figured out balloon concept since their trials on Oasis?:confused:

• Administrators

I *knew* I remembered bungee jumping being done on board Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Seas; found a youtube video of it, so it isn't

"new and innovative" at least to RCCL:

I *knew* I remembered bungee jumping being done on board Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Seas; found a youtube video of it, so it isn't

That was actually a trampoline/bungee combination on the Enchantment of the Seas..

all these ideas seem exciting! I would really like bumper cars. & a petting zoo sounds cute, but I would wonder if it was smell ?? hmm. We'll hav to wait and see :)

It's not the smell that bothers me, it's that no one on the ship would be able to re-enter the U.S. after they cruised on Quantum;). There's that little check box on the customs form that asks you if you've come in contact with any farm animals while on the cruise.:D Can you imagine the line for quarentine at CBP?:eek:

We're seriously excited about Tuesday's reveal of Quantum of the Seas (and are told that it's a really big reveal, with at least two or three never-ever-been-seen-in-cruising features). We'll be there to cover the unveiling (and, thanks to Royal Caribbean, we'll be live streaming from the event on Cruise Critic -- more details to come).

In the meantime, we've created a poll, with Royal Caribbean's help, that asks: Which one feature on this list do you predict will be found onboard Quantum of the Seas? We actually don't know the correct answer at this point; only Royal Caribbean does. And remember: Out of the nine choices, just one is real.

The answer will come at 10 a.m. on Tuesday....

Is there something really cool you'd like to see on Quantum of the Seas that's not on the list? After you vote, tell us about it here.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

I don't think it is any of the choices. I think they are going to offer below the waterline cabins with really thick acrylic windows (side facing of course).

The revolving restaurant seems pointless. If you are in a city, a revolving restaurant is fun because you get to see different views of the city as you eat. In a ship, you are surrounded by water. The water on the left looks pretty much the same as the water on the right.

Laughing, I actually tried that and it was hard! But we were thinking more of a bungee jump that you could take off the top of the ship, heading over the sea.

Carolyn

I voted for the Ferris wheel. Not because I want one but because it just seemed most likely considering cost to build and operate, amount of space it would take up and the number of passengers who could/would use it.

Oasis has a carousel so Quantum having a Ferris wheel seems likely. I could see a couple of more options that seemed feasible too but you can only vote for one.

The rotating restaurant seems far fetched IMO. It would cost a lot to build, operate and maintain. And what would be the benefit of rotating? The view would be almost identical. Plus the restaurants are most popular at supper when it's dark.

But, hey, you never know. Just about anything is possible with RCI!

• Administrators
Laughing, I actually tried that and it was hard! But we were thinking more of a bungee jump that you could take off the top of the ship, heading over the sea.

Carolyn

Omg

Archived