Poll: Quantum of the Seas

One of these hot new innovations will be found on Quantum. Which is it?  

871 members have voted

1. 1. One of these hot new innovations will be found on Quantum. Which is it?

• Petting zoo
    • Roller coaster
    • Hot air balloon rides
    • Revolving rooftop restaurant
    • Bumper cars
    • Water skiing platform
    • Ferris wheel
    • Bungee jumping
    • Go Kart track

I think it is some type of interior feature like the bumper cars. The You Tube video doesn't look like it has a setup for a rotating restaurant. Plus if the ship is NJ based then it needs more all weather attractions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irHqnLKTtCc&feature=youtu.be

I REEEAaaaalllllLLLLYYYYY hope it's not bumper cars. That's just not new and innovative or actually even remotely fun. I don't see how bumping into someone is fun. I truly hope it is something more innovative and WOW. If they really did something like in the roller coaster article mentioned on the last page where the coaster dove off the side of the ship and plunged close to the water... that would be fun (very distracting to anyone who had a nearby cabin), but I can see people getting excited about that. Or what about the Stratosphere Sky Jump in Las Vegas??? It would certainly be innovative and thrill seeking and WOW to plunge yourself 17 or 18 stories off the side or back of a ship and stop just above the water. I can see people excited about THAT... but bumper cars? Not so much... they are NOT exciting AT ALL in my book.... that would be a BIG thumbs down for me.

Is there a reason why one of the choices is in a different font from all the other's? Is water skiing being singled out for some reason?

The font is the same. When you vote for something that font changes for you showing what you voted for. You must have voted for water skiing.

The font is the same. When you vote for something that font changes for you showing what you voted for. You must have voted for water skiing.

Ok. Thanks for the heads up on that. I never noticed that in the past. :)

The only item on the list that would be revenue generating is the revolving restaurant. With the trend on new ships going in the direction of specialty restaurants, I think that one makes sense. Petting zoo, really on a cruise ship, that would be the dumbest idea ever.

With rumors of it being an all-weather boat I would guess anything outside activity related is out (Rollercoaster, Water Skiing, Ferris Wheel, Hot Air Balloons). The rotating restaurant seems the least in the liability scale and most likely. Although Viking Crown is essentially 360 anyway, what's the difference if something like that rotated? You'd only be seeing the front and back of the ship and water. Petting Zoo would be a nightmare with animal and cleaning maintenance. Plus storing food for 4100 passengers is gonna take up enough space, now you have to feed animals too (no jokes about passengers who sometimes act like they are animals:eek:). Go-Karts seem too unlikely based on safety for people and the ship carrying their fuel. I would not be surprised by bumper cars though if they are really taking out the ice rink.

You know... got to thinking...

That picture that was tweeted may not be ANYTHING we see listed in the poll. It actually could be something not listed at all.

According to this OP's post, RCCL is saying there will be TWO or THREE never seen before cruising features and ONLY ONE of those was on the poll list.

The twitter tweet just stated "Guess what this new WOW is".

We are only assuming that the twitter "WOW" hint pictured is listed on this polling list. Since we know there will 2 or 3 cruising innovations that will be on the Quantum, there is at least one other new feature we will have revealed at some point in time that is NOT on that list. Hmm... wonder what that could be :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, the tweeted picture looks like a skate board or roller skate wheel based on the size of the nut inside the wheel

You know... got to thinking...

That picture that was tweeted may not be ANYTHING we see listed in the poll. It actually could be something not listed at all.

According to this OP's post, RCCL is saying there will be TWO or THREE never seen before cruising features and ONLY ONE of those was on the poll list.

The twitter tweet just stated "Guess what this new WOW is".

We are only assuming that the twitter "WOW" hint pictured is listed on this polling list. Since we know there will 2 or 3 cruising innovations that will be on the Quantum, there is at least one other new feature we will have revealed at some point in time that is NOT on that list. Hmm... wonder what that could be :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, the tweeted picture looks like a skate board or roller skate wheel based on the size of the nut inside the wheel

Well said!!!!

WOW! I am shocked no one has picked up on the fact that Royal DID NOT tweet that picture! I must be the only Twitter user on here :D Here is the OFFICIAL account https://twitter.com/RoyalCaribbean

Anyways I follow the VERIFIED Royal Caribbean account and they have not posted that picture, neither has the official Royal facebook page. On top of that, the picture that was provided was from an account with a mere 800 something followers :p Also Royal Caribbean is a major international brand, do you all really think they would have used <3 instead of love? Not saying this RoyalCaribPR page is not official in some way but they are not recognized as being official by Twitter or on their website.

Come on people! Use your common sense, who would put a roller coaster on a ship besides Carnival! Remember Royal Caribbean is a more sophisticated brand, not on the level of Cunard or Celebrity but it's not Carnival!

Electric Go Karts would be fine on a ship I would guess...and I am sure I read something somewhere about Eco Go Karts :confused:

If it was something like a Ferris Wheel or Roller Coaster..if something broke then they would have to stop it...bit like when the Rising Tide Bar has a problem ..it closes down. Can you imagine being stuck on a roller coaster and it breaks down...leaving you hanging in mid air :eek:

Also it needs to be something that will be easily maintained.

Something occurred to me while driving home from work...

Assuming that "Wicked" will be the Broadway Show per everyone's speculations regarding Kristen Chenoweth being the godmother, then hot air balloons would tie in perfectly to a Wizard of Oz theme:cool:

WOW! I am shocked no one has picked up on the fact that Royal DID NOT tweet that picture! I must be the only Twitter user on here :D Here is the OFFICIAL account https://twitter.com/RoyalCaribbean

Anyways I follow the VERIFIED Royal Caribbean account and they have not posted that picture, neither has the official Royal facebook page. On top of that, the picture that was provided was from an account with a mere 800 something followers :p Also Royal Caribbean is a major international brand, do you all really think they would have used <3 instead of love? Not saying this RoyalCaribPR page is not official in some way but they are not recognized as being official by Twitter or on their website.

Come on people! Use your common sense, who would put a roller coaster on a ship besides Carnival! Remember Royal Caribbean is a more sophisticated brand, not on the level of Cunard or Celebrity but it's not Carnival!

Yes, but the account that did tweet it was @RoyalCaribPR, a twitter account Royal made for some of it's PR Announcements.

Could you imagine this ship sailing in Victoria Harbor and staying overnight? How would you like to be in that "rotating restaurant" now?! Could you imagine that experience? Would be great!! Asia is getting some bigger ships now too so it could end up being a possibility in the far future!

The revolving restaurant seems pointless. If you are in a city, a revolving restaurant is fun because you get to see different views of the city as you eat. In a ship, you are surrounded by water. The water on the left looks pretty much the same as the water on the right.

The water - in the dark usually at night. Of course it will revolve past the empty pool deck that will at least have lights - and a movie screen showing a movie which won't be heard. Then there is the back of the ship - in the dark. And like others have said, they can't even keep a simple bar revolving in the VCL on Radiance class ships.

And for a fee - I hope it's not this one.

I can't see the poll on my phone. What's on it?

I would like the Go Kart track but I expect it will be the revolving restaurant.:(

Capt Liz,,,help me out,,,what is my number for critters,,,It is on my BUCKET LIST to do an innaugural,,,38 cruises, now yippee ,,,A DIAMOND PLUS,,

Joey and Arlo now sailing. I am excited to see you posting...2014 seems far a way...Just celebrated my 81st birthday,,(not a typo)Love Tobyhilda,,,aka The Godmother

They actually tried to have a hot air balloon with the Oasis, so that's my guess

They tested it on the Oasis and the cable broke and the balloon drifted away... luckily no one was on board. Needless to say testing went no further the idea was scrapped.

Archived