Poll: Quantum of the Seas

One of these hot new innovations will be found on Quantum. Which is it?  

871 members have voted

1. 1. One of these hot new innovations will be found on Quantum. Which is it?

• Petting zoo
    • Roller coaster
    • Hot air balloon rides
    • Revolving rooftop restaurant
    • Bumper cars
    • Water skiing platform
    • Ferris wheel
    • Bungee jumping
    • Go Kart track

If its any of the amusement park themed choices, I will have lost interest in the ship from Tuesday on :eek:.

Ahh hate to burst your bubble but both the Oasis and Allure have a carousel and no one has complained.

How do you know no one has complained? Have you interviewed everyone?

My point I was trying to make is.. The poster made it sound that if it had anything related to an amusement park the ship would be ruined ... So I will display your sarcasm to you and ask you pretty much the same question. Have you interviewed every single passenger on the Allure and Oasis and if so how many people told you they are somehow offended by these ships having a carousel ?

My point I was trying to make is.. The poster made it sound that if it had anything related to an amusement park the ship would be ruined ... So I will display your sarcasm to you and ask you pretty much the same question. Have you interviewed every single passenger on the Allure and Oasis and if so how many people told you they are somehow offended by these ships having a carousel ?

I haven't made a claim involving everyone or no one. All I did was ask you to back up your statement.

As to the poster you quoted, that person used the word "I", meaning that was their opinion. Kruzerci made no representation that any other person would feel the same way. Nor do I see any mention of the word "ruined".

If somebody makes the statement that they don't like something, then that is all that they are implying. They are speaking for them self, no one else.

I haven't made a claim involving everyone or no one. All I did was ask you to back up your statement.

As to the poster you quoted, that person used the word "I", meaning that was their opinion. Kruzerci made no representation that any other person would feel the same way. Nor do I see any mention of the word "ruined".

If somebody makes the statement that they don't like something, then that is all that they are implying. They are speaking for them self, no one else.

Well when a poster does :eek: it normally means something is really wrong or upsetting but .. it's clear to me you have nothing better to do then blow this was out of proportion... If it makes you sleep better tonight you have won so enjoy your sweet victory

Because people sit at the bar for long periods, drinking and then get to lazy to go to the loo as they should. :eek: ( and yes I am sure that some people do that anyway, but why encourage it ) :D

how about a swim-up bar instead of all this ridiculous stuff.;)

Because people sit at the bar for long periods, drinking and then get to lazy to go to the loo as they should. :eek: ( and yes I am sure that some people do that anyway, but why encourage it ) :D

eewwwwww! on Grandeur I saw a child sneeze on his arm and then fling the snot into the water. Ive never been in a pool since. lol

Awesome!!!

Carolyn

Could you imagine this ship sailing in Victoria Harbor and staying overnight? How would you like to be in that "rotating restaurant" now?! Could you imagine that experience? Would be great!! Asia is getting some bigger ships now too so it could end up being a possibility in the far future!

Well if this new thing is truly new to the industry, and the Radiance Class already has or has had a revolving restaurant, then this now item will probably not be a revolving restaurant.

The Radiance does not have a rotating restaurant, just a rotating bar in the Viking Crown Lounge.

Out of all the options, and from what Royal has said about the Wow the revolving restaurant would seem to be the most realistic.

Also - Meyerwerft themselves said this project will give them some very unique challenges to date, a revolving restaurant would fall into that category!

A better Image

Quantum%20Class%20Top%20Decks.jpg

As others have mentioned before, she really seems set up for cold weather cruising with all the glass enclosures on her top deck. Also curiously missing in all the photos I've seen are the adrenaline junkie & kiddo/teen focused areas (aka rock climbing, repelling, rope courses, water park features, etc). With most of the new ships from other companies including many of these type of features and being very family focussed, I would be surprised to see these things lacking on the ship if she's to compete.

Although, I just had a thought... seeing this ship does appear cold weather worthy, I have to wonder if we'll see them take the route of some of the cold weather mega malls. Our mall has things like an indoor go kart race track (electric & super fast), a ropes course, a wonder works museum, an ice museum (haven't been in it, can't tell you what that is), a laser tag course, a bowling alley, a virtual golf course, a comedy club and an Imax theater. All of this is indoor. Perhaps there will be some kind of indoor entertainment venue area that would encompass some of these things...family friendly, fun and child weather worthy.

from the revolving restaurant, if she's home ported in Bayonne, we'll have fantastic views of the New York City skyline or the sun setting in the west. What a sailaway! ;)

If you are on that side, at that time of day for that brief period before you are out in the open sea. Revolving restaurants generally take an hour to go full circle. Unless they design it for some interesting interior views it will be dark water views most of the time. And that's just for those with the window seats. Others who are seated away from the windows may as well be in Chops.

A better Image

Quantum%20Class%20Top%20Decks.jpg

Slightly off topic...I've spent months looking at these model photos but something I'd not appreciated is the potential for the flowrider(s) being under some magrodrome structure, allowing for all weather operation, which is quite cool - I hope this is true!

Also - something I've pondered a few times is whether Royal will develop the Flowrider concept any further. Waveloch (the company that produces the flowrider) has an extensive product catalogue so it wouldn't surprise me if some point in the future they try to take the surf park concept a step further, perhaps something like a flowcurl? It would seem a natural step (obviously ignoring the potential engineering consequences this may have)

flowcurl.jpg

Wow, great input Sparkx & KenLorz!

Carolyn

Slightly off topic...I've spent months looking at these model photos but something I'd not appreciated is the potential for the flowrider(s) being under some magrodrome structure, allowing for all weather operation, which is quite cool - I hope this is true!

Also - something I've pondered a few times is whether Royal will develop the Flowrider concept any further. Waveloch (the company that produces the flowrider) has an extensive product catalogue so it wouldn't surprise me if some point in the future they try to take the surf park concept a step further, perhaps something like a flowcurl? It would seem a natural step (obviously ignoring the potential engineering consequences this may have)

flowcurl.jpg

flowcurl.jpg

That would be the largest amount of money RCCL would have ever thrown away. Have you actually watched people on the flow riders before? MOST can't do it. Not even close. I have actually used a flow rider AND the flow curl. I do surf so the curl comes natural to me and i find really easy. That being said the flow rider is FAR easier then the curl. And I would venture to say 95-99% of your cruises would not be able to do the curl unless they surf. So it would be a waste of space. The flor riders are perfect. Challenging enough for most of the cruises already.

That would be the largest amount of money RCCL would have ever thrown away. Have you actually watched people on the flow riders before? MOST can't do it. Not even close. I have actually used a flow rider AND the flow curl. I do surf so the curl comes natural to me and i find really easy. That being said the flow rider is FAR easier then the curl. And I would venture to say 95-99% of your cruises would not be able to do the curl unless they surf. So it would be a waste of space. The flor riders are perfect. Challenging enough for most of the cruises already.

I didn't mean the Flow Curl specifically, I meant more the development of the surf park idea, as I think there's still potential there - I would assume Waveloch are involved as consultants/suppliers as part of the project so it's possible - certainly more likely that some of the other ideas I've seen ;)

I didn't mean the Flow Curl specifically, I meant more the development of the surf park idea, as I think there's still potential there - I would assume Waveloch are involved as consultants/suppliers as part of the project so it's possible - certainly more likely that some of the other ideas I've seen ;)

Idk why it just seems Rccl doesn't care a lot about their water parks.

Archived