Poll: Quantum of the Seas

One of these hot new innovations will be found on Quantum. Which is it?  

871 members have voted

1. 1. One of these hot new innovations will be found on Quantum. Which is it?

• Petting zoo
    • Roller coaster
    • Hot air balloon rides
    • Revolving rooftop restaurant
    • Bumper cars
    • Water skiing platform
    • Ferris wheel
    • Bungee jumping
    • Go Kart track

Italicized: No

Petting Zoo: There would never be animals on board like this!

Roller Coaster: Cost, pointlessness. This is supposed to be a more elegant ship.

Hot Air Balloon Ride: Capacity NIGHTMARE! What about wind, etc.

Revolving Rooftop Restaurant: Viking Crown Lounge is in perfect shape already, how cool would it be to spin around slowly while lounging and dining? Trust me just picture it in your head. I don't think cost would be too bad especially if they only "turn it on" at certain times.

Bumper Cars: Whaaat? This isn't Six Flags as someone mentioned earlier.

Water Skiing Platform: Would require a lot of space! Liability might come in to play too...

Ferris Wheel: This isn't Carnival of the Seas! Would have worked way better on Oasis class in the boardwalk area although we still don't know if we will see the return of this neighborhood. Didn't italicize it because I do think it's a possibility just not a definite.

Bungee Jumping: Already on Enchantment. If they meant actually bungee jumping like off a bridge, they wouldn't because of the liability!

Go Kart Track: Ummm no way!! Noise, gas, weight, space. Shouldn't even be on list!

Roller Coaster: Cost, pointlessness. This is supposed to be a more elegant ship.

Revolving Rooftop Restaurant: Viking Crown Lounge is in perfect shape already, how cool would it be to spin around slowly while lounging and dining? Trust me just picture it in your head. I don't think cost would be too bad especially if they only "turn it on" at certain times.

Water Skiing Platform: Would require a lot of space! Liability might come in to play too...

Ferris Wheel: This isn't Carnival of the Seas! Would have worked way better on Oasis class in the boardwalk area although we still don't know if we will see the return of this neighborhood. Didn't italicize it because I do think it's a possibility just not a definite.

Bungee Jumping: Already on Enchantment. If they meant actually bungee jumping like off a bridge, they wouldn't because of the liability!

Go Kart Track: Ummm no way!! Noise, gas, weight, space. Shouldn't even be on list!

How much more space would be needed or liability would the water skiing platform cause? A Flowrider could easily be adapted to a water skiing type function...

The liability for this would be no worse than it is to have a Flowrider.

Electric cars, both Go karts or Bumper?

How much more space would be needed or liability would the water skiing platform cause? A Flowrider could easily be adapted to a water skiing type function...

The liability for this would be no worse than it is to have a Flowrider.

You would be surprised! Of course it doesn't need a huge space but definitely more than a FlowRider takes up. Liability wise, having your leg's on two different surfaces can cause some pretty bad damage. Not to mention the fun factor, what could you do? I mean its not like you can do any flips or jumps or tricks like so! :p

Electric cars, both Go karts or Bumper?

I suppose but what about the space? A 158,000 GT ship does not have the space for something like this when it holds 4,100 guests. There is just no need for that kind of fun on a cruise ship, this isn't an amusement park! :p Just my opinion though.

[

Petting zoo 1 0.25% impractical; regulations involving animals and their waste and feeding in foreign ports

Roller coaster 42 10.37% Too large

Hot air balloon rides 12 2.96% liability

Revolving rooftop restaurant 244 60.25% strong possibility but yawn- every major city has one.

Bumper cars 10 2.47%ding, ding, ding!

Water skiing platform 13 3.21%liability; no way in the world you can water ski behind one of these ships;you fall in you are sucked under and drown

Ferris wheel 29 7.16% possibility

Bungee jumping 37 9.14% possibility but given the liability issues that've had with the Flowrider, not likely

Go Kart track not enough space, issues of fuel storage/fire risk and use on board

I voted go kart. Because that's what I'd like.

Hybrid go karts - no noise/gas/smell (don't know if they exist but "Why Not"?)

Track around the promenade rather than the running track (put that back up around the pool deck)

Fun for all ages except the whole bad driver thing... And the elderly who forget they're mobility challenged and get in the kart but can't get back out ;)

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

Something is telling me it's the go karts. Just watch. The gas/fumes/gasoline storage will not be an issue because they will have ALL ELECTRIC go karts which don't produce any noise or fumes. Kind of like a hybrid car.

Mark my words, it will be the go karts

http://malcolmoliver.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/1360074542_s697-quantum-steelcutting-dsc7392.jpg

I do not see anything in the released rendition that indicates there is a structure at the top that may revolve. The leaked model photos (google for them, pics are on another website) does not have anything that resembles the Crown, nor anything that looks like it revolves - unless it is in the middle of the ship.

The back appears to be glass though. Low to the water level and shows in both the leaked rendition as well as the steel cutting photo (zoom in and see it). One enclosed pool up top, 2 open with a big screen between them, big area up front similar to the Oasis, but set up a little differently. lots of glass up top. Nothing to indicate the water ski pull on the pool deck (which is set up like a florider, rider stays in place, water moves.)

Nothing to indicate a roller coaster or ferris wheel (inside, along the Promenade?) either, and can not imagine them with animals on board. Bungee jumping is to time consuming for a single person to go. I could see the bungee trampolines like NCL has, but not a huge jump. And the go-karts, well, maybe small electric ones, but there would be to much maintenance on them and liability with people crashing into one another. The hot air balloon - well, Oasis trials of the blimp showed it did not start off to well, but would be pretty cool. Again, return may not be there for the investment. My deduction leads to bumper cars.

I could see them getting rid of the ice rink, freeing up that space and putting in bumper cars. Charge a few dollars and the floor can be converted for other shows as needed (Quest).

Food for thought - inside rooms, over looking the promenade - with balconies or french balconies... why keep it as just a window when this can be done and create a new room category - inside balconies? Would be great for the parades and other shows, as well as people watching.

Roller coaster 42 10.37% Too large Ironically, it doesn't have to be large. It can be done, but I personally wouldn't want to see it.

Revolving rooftop restaurant 244 60.25% strong possibility but yawn- every major city has one. I don't think the UK has a revolving restaurant any more. It use to exist in BT Towers, but got closed down after the IRA attacks in the 80's.

Bumper cars 10 2.47%ding, ding, ding! *Yawn*

Water skiing platform 13 3.21%liability; no way in the world you can water ski behind one of these ships;you fall in you are sucked under and drown Well, I'm sure someone once said the same thing about surfing. I am guessing the Water skiing platform would be on the ship in the same way as the Flowrider.

Ferris wheel 29 7.16% possibility Indeed, but *Yawn*

I've only commented the bits I thought that were worth commenting on, and removed the rest. There are some merits in some of the ideas.

I did vote for the revolving restaurant because it seems most likely. It would need to be open for more than just dinner to get the full effect of it. In the winter months it's dark so early you wouldn't see anything outside.

Bumper cars are quite doable and only take up the space of a skating rink. They would be relatively cheaper to maintain than a skating rink with shows.

Not sure how successful the rinks have been besides the costly shows.

Awesome analysis!

Carolyn

http://malcolmoliver.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/1360074542_s697-quantum-steelcutting-dsc7392.jpg

I do not see anything in the released rendition that indicates there is a structure at the top that may revolve. The leaked model photos (google for them, pics are on another website) does not have anything that resembles the Crown, nor anything that looks like it revolves - unless it is in the middle of the ship.

The back appears to be glass though. Low to the water level and shows in both the leaked rendition as well as the steel cutting photo (zoom in and see it). One enclosed pool up top, 2 open with a big screen between them, big area up front similar to the Oasis, but set up a little differently. lots of glass up top. Nothing to indicate the water ski pull on the pool deck (which is set up like a florider, rider stays in place, water moves.)

Nothing to indicate a roller coaster or ferris wheel (inside, along the Promenade?) either, and can not imagine them with animals on board. Bungee jumping is to time consuming for a single person to go. I could see the bungee trampolines like NCL has, but not a huge jump. And the go-karts, well, maybe small electric ones, but there would be to much maintenance on them and liability with people crashing into one another. The hot air balloon - well, Oasis trials of the blimp showed it did not start off to well, but would be pretty cool. Again, return may not be there for the investment. My deduction leads to bumper cars.

I could see them getting rid of the ice rink, freeing up that space and putting in bumper cars. Charge a few dollars and the floor can be converted for other shows as needed (Quest).

Food for thought - inside rooms, over looking the promenade - with balconies or french balconies... why keep it as just a window when this can be done and create a new room category - inside balconies? Would be great for the parades and other shows, as well as people watching.

Archived