Poll: Quantum of the Seas

One of these hot new innovations will be found on Quantum. Which is it?  

871 members have voted

1. 1. One of these hot new innovations will be found on Quantum. Which is it?

• Petting zoo
    • Roller coaster
    • Hot air balloon rides
    • Revolving rooftop restaurant
    • Bumper cars
    • Water skiing platform
    • Ferris wheel
    • Bungee jumping
    • Go Kart track

Is there something really cool you'd like to see on Quantum of the Seas that's not on the list? After you vote, tell us about it here.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Not so much what I'd like to see but what I'd like NOT to see. How about no big 50 foot blaring TV on the pool deck?

Probably a little baby roller coaster like the Carousel on their other cruise ship.

Although a roller coaster on the ship ANYWHERE would cause alot of noise!

No doubt is would have to be a pretty small coaster. As for noise, they can be built pretty quiet. Most newer ones don't have chain lifts, they have much quieter spinning tires to propel the train up the hill.

Also looks similar to a roller coaster wheel.;)

cilbond_mktappspic4.jpg

I agree.. it could also be a roller coaster wheel. I could care less about either option. I just hope if it is a roller coaster that it's not loud and obtrusive. I personally hate all those huge ropes courses and waterslides some lines are adding.. not only do they look ugly and take up a lot of space, they generate a lot of noise (from the participants).

Here's an article from a few years back about Royal Caribbean's desire to put a roller coaster on a ship:

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2009/12/report-royal-caribbean-considered-roller-coasters-for-cruise-ships/620003412/1

AAGHH! :eek:

"Imagine the experience (of riding a roller coaster at sea). You are pulled to the top of the ship, and then the roller coaster takes you along the outside of the ship and down towards the ocean as the ship is moving," Goldstein is quoted as saying. "It would be really spectacular."

AAGHH! :eek:

"Imagine the experience (of riding a roller coaster at sea). You are pulled to the top of the ship, and then the roller coaster takes you along the outside of the ship and down towards the ocean as the ship is moving," Goldstein is quoted as saying. "It would be really spectacular."

Wouldn't it be great to be sitting out on your balcony enjoying the peaceful sounds of the ocean, then.. WHAM... a coaster train of screaming people goes flying by your balcony... NOT!!

Wouldn't it be great to be sitting out on your balcony enjoying the peaceful sounds of the ocean, then.. WHAM... a coaster train of screaming people goes flying by your balcony... NOT!!

Ugh-definitely NOT!

I would rather be on a broke down Carnival ship in the Caribbean...lol :D

Hmmm..... the picture appears to be a wheel, but it's such a blurred close up and quite a tiny wheel. I wonder if it's not supposed to be a picture of "the obvious" (aka, a wheel). Perhaps it's part of a pulley system and not a wheel at all?

Here is a video of someone doing Jet Skiing in a Lap Pool up at Big Bear. In the video, the rope definitely retracts as the boy rides it. Perhaps with a water skiing platform, you would be attached to a rope system that would vary in length as you ride it? ....Just throwing some thoughts out there for something other than the obvious.

I for one would be very disappointed if it were bumper cars... I haven't had a desire to ride a bumper car since I was about 7. I would even be disappointed if it were a roller coaster as it would have to be small and uneventful. Go karts are pretty cool, though...we have an indoor go kart race track at our mall that is super fun...but they have REALLY big wheels, so the hint picture doesn't seem to match, unless the picture is not off of the actual item we are speaking of and is only a generic picture (meaning...the item has wheels).

Archived