NCL cancelled our Jan. 5, 2014 pearl cruise

bagzrpacked

What a disappointment for you.

We are on the Pearl 5/3/2014 and we got word yesterday they are changing it from a 7 day to a 5 day cruise (Los Angeles to Vancouver). No other details given. Will have to wait until tomorrow when they rewrite/re-issue our reservations to see.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

I am sorry your cruise got cancelled. I would be so upset. i have been reading of ncl cancelling cruises for some reason or another for awhile now. im sure all the cruise lines do it also. im sure it is not something new, but it concerns me about booking a future cruise. I absolutely have too fly too the port city. what happens if my cruise would get cancelled and I had a flight booked? i wonder how close too a booked cruise they would email you and let you know it was cancelled. I have never had anything like that happen too me thank heavens. any input on this would be appreciated. thanks a lot.

I am sorry your cruise got cancelled. I would be so upset. i have been reading of ncl cancelling cruises for some reason or another for awhile now. im sure all the cruise lines do it also. im sure it is not something new, but it concerns me about booking a future cruise. I absolutely have too fly too the port city. what happens if my cruise would get cancelled and I had a flight booked? i wonder how close too a booked cruise they would email you and let you know it was cancelled. I have never had anything like that happen too me thank heavens. any input on this would be appreciated. thanks a lot.

That's why you buy insurance

Someone else posted about the cruise getting cancelled. And yes all lines do it. I didn't however, know that they changed a 7 day cruise into a 5 day cruise. Let me know how they handle it. Will you get reimburse for those two days? Any other promotions they are offering for the inconvenience?

Historically it's at least six months out when the charter a ship, so my advice would be to wait to be within 6 months of your cruise before booking your air, if you can. The Pearl seems to be the ship they charter, so if I was booking that ship and air before 6 months, I would definitely get good insurance for that.

oh yes, i always get the cruise insurance. but changing the flight and time off from work can be a major hassel as well.

That is why people I know like to tease me...

because I always have Plan B C and sometimes D at the ready.

Historically it's at least six months out when the charter a ship, so my advice would be to wait to be within 6 months of your cruise before booking your air, if you can. The Pearl seems to be the ship they charter, so if I was booking that ship and air before 6 months, I would definitely get good insurance for that.

we are taking the pearl for our Alaska cruise in sept. so far no change. I always get my flight early because the price seems too be cheaper. I will have too re-assess that thought in the future. thanks for letting me know the pearl is a ship that tends too get chartered a lot.

Wow, I had that cruise booked and ended up cancelling it a few months ago and switched it to the Oasis. Guess that worked out good for me that I had already cancelled it. I would have been upset too if I hadn't because it was a cruise we had booked a suite on.

Though of course now I need to change the Oasis dates, which I believe we are now thinking to do May.

I would never book a cruise on the Pearl again. We were supposed to be leaving on it in 2 days for a wedding cruise and they cancelled it. The bride and groom had to completely redo their wedding and lose deposits because of it.

I also had to fight with NCL over pricing to rebook them all. Was a bit of a nightmare.

Out of all the NCL ships it is the one that will have the greatest chance of being chartered since its used for all the band based cruises.

The Pearl will be the music cruise charter ship.. there's a 2 month window at the beginning of 2014, and usually a week or 2 in October/November..

She's in drydock right now.. and I can't wait to see how she shines when she gets out.

The Pearl will be the music cruise charter ship.. there's a 2 month window at the beginning of 2014, and usually a week or 2 in October/November..

She's in drydock right now.. and I can't wait to see how she shines when she gets out.

Ohhh...I have 2 cruises booked on the Pearl in September/October 2014. I hope those don't get canceled.

I wasn't at all concerned until I just saw that the 5/10/2014 just changed to a 10-night, departing 5/8/2014. That should be a great cruise! :)

We are booked on the next one: 5/18/2014 7-night out of Seattle. I hope they don't mess with that one. :(

I got an email about my 8 day cruise changing to a 10 day. We now leave May 8 2014 instead of May 10 and we get to stay at our current rate so it works out great for me

You are very lucky. We are currently on the cruise before you from LA to Vancouver. Our suite is $38 less for the 5 night rather than the 7. We lose two ports and two days. Some on the roll call said their cabins are costing more now!!!!!

The new Alaska itinerary for the one sailing is great, I agree.

Not sure what we will do.

I would never book a cruise on the Pearl again. We were supposed to be leaving on it in 2 days for a wedding cruise and they cancelled it. The bride and groom had to completely redo their wedding and lose deposits because of it.

I also had to fight with NCL over pricing to rebook them all. Was a bit of a nightmare.

Out of all the NCL ships it is the one that will have the greatest chance of being chartered since its used for all the band based cruises.

WOW ... I would be beyond angry. Was it just cancelled now or were they told a number of months ago? Our cruise is over a year away, so we were told way in advance.

Someone else posted about the cruise getting cancelled. And yes all lines do it. I didn't however, know that they changed a 7 day cruise into a 5 day cruise. Let me know how they handle it. Will you get reimburse for those two days? Any other promotions they are offering for the inconvenience?

Pricing for many booked on the 5/3/2014 Pearl is higher for the 5 night than the 7 night. Our suite is $38 less in total cost.

Compensation: hmmmm $25 for regular cabins and $50 for suites in on board credit whether you stay with this cruise or move to another NCL cruise.

We lost 2 ports and 2 days. My husband and I only booked two weeks ago for this 7 night cruise, and I am shocked that the rates are not cheaper for the 5 night.

I wasn't at all concerned until I just saw that the 5/10/2014 just changed to a 10-night' date=' departing 5/8/2014. That should be a great cruise! :)

We are booked on the next one: 5/18/2014 7-night out of Seattle. I hope they don't mess with that one. :([/quote']

You shouldn't have a problem. What caused the issue was docking conflicts in Astoria and Nanaimo for the repositioning cruise. So we lost 2 ports and 2 days of cruise time with the new itinerary.

Update .... we've been told that there is a problem with pricing AND we should be at a lower price for the 5 day cruise over the 7. Won't have answers till Monday. So there is still hope.

I would hope they reduce the cost! That didn't seem fair at all. :(

I hope you get a pleasant surprise on Monday! :)

• 4 months later...

When I look at the event organizer's website, the first January cruise is the 19th and then 5 cruises scheduled in February. So.... I'd say yup it's been cancelled or rescheduled, not sure which but Jan. 5th looks wide open. 7 day Western Caribbean starting very low.

If we didn't already have plans for that period of time I'd be grabbing that one.

Archived