Diamond/Non Diamond

I'm not sure what your concern is. If the concierge, says something is OK, then, it's OK. It's their job to make customers happy, and a free cappuccino is one way to do it.
I don't have a concern, I was just suggesting that the reason non-diamond were not allowed in at happy hour was not due to the crowds but due to free drinks to non-diamonds costing them more than free coffees

One of the most consistent things about RCI is their inconsistency in the application of rules and policies. Never hurts to ask but be prepared for a no and if you get a yes it is a bonus.

Summed up beautifully!

In my experience:

- Check-in they have always allowed all of my non-diamond travel companions (even across a second room) to come to the shorter lines (this to me is huge).

- Welcome back events they have allowed my first time cruising (not C&A yet) roommate to come with.

- Evening lounge - this is where the hit or miss comes into play. I've had cruises where they didn't blink, cruises where they said absolutely not and behaved like I was a bad person for even asking (sigh), and cruises where I went by myself and the folks working said "no no, totally bring her with you tomorrow she is welcome!"

I've also seen differences in what they do drink wise. They say it's free wine, beer, and champagne (I think that's right) with a discount on mixed drinks, but I've had occasion where I was not charged for my mixed drink.

There are some that won't let you leave w/ your drink and others that will (I don't just grab and go either... I sit for 40 min or so and then head to dinner. To me it's rather wasteful if you keep filling my glass even if I say no no no and then don't let me take it with me.)

- Other Priority Items such as departure, waitlists, I've never had an issue w/ my roommate also getting these items. I've even managed the right set of luggage tags for another room of travel mates. I have never went to the private breakfast on departure day, much less tried to take someone with.

That's my two cents... or in this case $2.50 :)

Judy

Personally, if I was your friend, I would be embarrassed to attend an evening cocktail party that I did not qualify to attend. I guess that I am just a rule follower, but I would be mortified if my travelling companion asked for an exception to be made on my behalf. I can understand allowing all members of a party to board together, but not to consume free alcohol.

If I was travelling with you, here is what I would say as your friend. Why don't you shower for dinner first, then while I am showering and getting ready you can pop up to the Diamond Lounge for a drink. We can meet up at the table at dinner! I would not expect to attend with you, nor would I expect you to give up this nice perk because of me. We would not be travelling tied at the hip after all! :)

Personally, if I was your friend, I would be embarrassed to attend an evening cocktail party that I did not qualify to attend. I guess that I am just a rule follower, but I would be mortified if my travelling companion asked for an exception to be made on my behalf. I can understand allowing all members of a party to board together, but not to consume free alcohol.

If I was travelling with you, here is what I would say as your friend. Why don't you shower for dinner first, then while I am showering and getting ready you can pop up to the Diamond Lounge for a drink. We can meet up at the table at dinner! I would not expect to attend with you, nor would I expect you to give up this nice perk because of me. We would not be travelling tied at the hip after all! :)

ITA. Well said. I for one wouldn't put the concierge in the awkward position of having to say no.

We travel with friends that are not D+, I would never ask if they could come with us, and our friends they are emerald would never want us to.

You have to earn the perks I can not see why you would ask to bring the friend in. If you want to be with the friend just go and enjoy a few drinks in the bars.

Archived