Dining Room Dress in Alaska

smwc71alum

Need some opinions.....will DH be dressed appropriately for formal night with shirt/tie and dress pants...no jacket. I have heard thta Alaskan Cruises are more casual dress...thanks for honest opinions.

It depends a lot on the passengers on a given cruise . Formal night can as formal as any other cruise . That said it could less formal.

Guest maddycat

No problem. Alaska is usually more casual. My husband no longer wears a suit on any of our cruises. We now cruise the Caribbean twice a year. He wears a dress shirt, dress slacks, dress shoes.........no tie. He doesn't look out of place. We only sail on RCI and Celebrity these days.

Sorry, forgive me but I don't understand why the itinerary dictates the degree of formality on a cruise. Formal is formal. For what it's worth, I have always heard that Caribbean cruises are less formal... huh? LOL I don't know. The cruise line's website or their specific board here can give you some guidelines. Formal night attire is merely one of the hotly-contested topics on these boards, so it seems. ;)

We were on a cruise several years ago on one of the Princess cruises and DH wore a dress shirt with tie and dress pants and he was fine...there were many men dressed like he was...

Thanks so much...your reply had given some self confidence....for DH. :)

Sorry, forgive me but I don't understand why the itinerary dictates the degree of formality on a cruise. Formal is formal. For what it's worth, I have always heard that Caribbean cruises are less formal... huh? LOL I don't know. The cruise line's website or their specific board here can give you some guidelines. Formal night attire is merely one of the hotly-contested topics on these boards, so it seems. ;)

I have been cruising since 1975...so I understand what is considered formal. My thought was since times have changes with airline baggage fees and most fly to the Ports for Alaskan cruises, nolt ot mention weight of clothes for Alaska versus Carribean....thought I would just ask the question. Thanks for your reply.

Archived