Quantum of the Seas

Laney219

The 1304 was for the same sailing? So for under 200 (not counting your discount) you get a balcony.. hmmm and what is this $100 discount you speak of?! :)

Yes, 1304 for the same sailing. Not sure what they were charging earlier in the day, like I said pricing is going up and up. Even the studio balcony I booked is up to $1554 total.

I was surprised that the price difference was that small in the two cabins, I dont really need a balcony, but thought I would try one out.

If you are Platinum and above with Royal, they will give a balcony discount based on the length of the cruise.

They initially said you had to be a high tiered crown and anchor member and call in to book quantum today. Then they just put everything on the website and let everyone book :) If someone see something they are remotely interesting in, I would put a 24 hold on it to lock in the rate.

Yes, 1304 for the same sailing. Not sure what they were charging earlier in the day, like I said pricing is going up and up. Even the studio balcony I booked is up to $1554 total.

I was surprised that the price difference was that small in the two cabins, I dont really need a balcony, but thought I would try one out.

If you are Platinum and above with Royal, they will give a balcony discount based on the length of the cruise.

They initially said you had to be a high tiered crown and anchor member and call in to book quantum today. Then they just put everything on the website and let everyone book :) If someone see something they are remotely interesting in, I would put a 24 hold on it to lock in the rate.

I plan on waiting for the hype to settle down.. maybe look at something in Sept/Oct 2015 when those are finally released.

Thanks for all your info!

I plan on waiting for the hype to settle down.. maybe look at something in Sept/Oct 2015 when those are finally released.

Thanks for all your info!

You are more than welcome. I really like that they offer so many different itineraries on Q.

That's the downside of Epic, Breakaway and Getaway for the most part they call on the same ports. I'm more of a ports person, that likes new ship. :)

I booked a studio balcony on the April 24th sailing as well; after my balcony discount, it's $1500 but it actually shows cheaper in My Cruises, so I'll go with that! LOL Can't wait to try it out. I also booked one of the cabins that has the slightly bigger balcony. I was pleased with the pricing as the insides for that same sailing starts at $1800 before taxes. A lot of the inside studios sold out quickly.

Edited by Virtopia

I'm not booking anything right now, but I think solo cabins with balconies are a great idea. That would probably make me choose Quantum over one of the NCL ships with studios. Although NCL's waterslides look really fun!

Edited by Ramblin' Ma'am

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I might give this a go since I doubt hubby would ever cruise RCCL.

Does anyone know if you can do My Time dining as a solo and be able to be seated by yourself? Or is that only possible at the buffet?

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I might give this a go since I doubt hubby would ever cruise RCCL.

Does anyone know if you can do My Time dining as a solo and be able to be seated by yourself? Or is that only possible at the buffet?

I don't see why not. They'd probably just put you at a two seater.

• 10 months later...

I started to look at the 10 day for 2016 for Anthem. One of them leaves 4/8 - Friday to Monday and the total with insurance, port fees came to $2200 which isn't bad considering I wouldn't need to fly or get a hotel.

They seem to have adapted NCL's freestyle type dining.

DoesRCCL seem to have solo type gatherings?