I'm Glad The Quantum Is Sailing From The NYC/ Tri-State Area!!!

<<<<<<This person is extremely happy excited about a new ship sailing out of Bayonne. So tired of all the negative-nellies that are upset about Quantum not being in Florida. Not all RCI ships have to sail out of Florida. I love love love that I can drive 40 minutes to the port and get on the ship. We have sailed on the Explorer of the Seas five times over the years and loved our cruises. It is way overdue for a new ship. Choose to be happy folks!!! So much less stressful. :p;)

Yes It Is Great To Have The Quantum Of The Seas!!! We Also Have Norwegian's Breakaway, Which I'm Sailing In October!!! I Just Hope The Quantum Prices Are NOT So Overpriced!!! I Will Like To Sail Her In Oct 2015!!!

Quantum prices. as is the case with every ship in their fleet, will reflect the amount of demand for this new ship. If you find the prices to be higher than you are willing to pay, you can probably find another ship in the fleet with prices more attractive to your wallet and if you are willing to wait prices should eventually come down to a more favorable level. All lines charge whatever fare they believe their customers are willing to pay. They are for-profit corporations, not charities, and set their fares accordingly.

Quantum prices. as is the case with every ship in their fleet, will reflect the amount of demand for this new ship. If you find the prices to be higher than you are willing to pay, you can probably find another ship in the fleet with prices more attractive to your wallet and if you are willing to wait prices should eventually come down to a more favorable level. All lines charge whatever fare they believe their customers are willing to pay. They are for-profit corporations, not charities, and set their fares accordingly.

Your'e Exactly Right!!! As You Can See In My Signature, I Cruise With A Variety Of Different Cruiselines!!!! I Worry About MY Bottomline, Not The Cruiseline Bottomline!!! It Can Be Cheaper To Fly To Flordia Or Puerto Rico, Than From Leaving From NYC!!! But With The Breakaway, Which I'm Sailing In October,And The Quantaum, I Won't Have To Fly As Much!!:eek:

• 1 month later...
I'm Now Officially Booked, In A Studio Balcony, Sailing In Jan.2015!!!:p

Me too.:D Wish there were more of these cabins. It's a start though.

Denise

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

In all my years of cruising, I'd say 20, I've only flown 4x! I prefer to leave from the tri state area or even as far as Boston or Baltimore(neither of which I have cruises from). A new ship is a big deal in a big market!! This is why I would never leave NY!! I love coming out of my house, Jumping in a cab, flying down the Westside Highway And then hopping on a ship!! Can't beat it!

• 4 weeks later...

So glad Quantum has long trips that go to somewhere other than Port Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport. We booked 1-23-15 (10n) and our room is cheaper than my 7n Celebrity Summit Bermuda trip I just took. Can't beat that! Time is going to drag though.:p

Only a 6 hour train ride which is far better (and a bit cheaper) than dealing with airports, TSA, etc.

In regard to taking the train north from Central Virginia, what Amtrak station is closest to the cruise port? I have looked online and it is a bit confusing!

I have never been to Cape Liberty but I am looking forward to it and all the great people to meet from that area.

Edited by Bookish Angel

In regard to taking the train north from Central Virginia, what Amtrak station is closest to the cruise port? I have looked online and it is a bit confusing!

The closest Amtrak station would be Newark Penn Station in Newark, NJ.

Newark, NJ — Penn Station (NWK)

Station Building (with waiting room)

1 Raymond Plaza West

Market Street

Newark, NJ 07102

Guest maddycat
Only a 6 hour train ride which is far better (and a bit cheaper) than dealing with airports, TSA, etc.

I have never been to Cape Liberty but I am looking forward to it and all the great people to meet from that area.

You can get some good information about the Cape Liberty area on the East Coast Departures board.

East Coast Departures - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

CAPE LIBERTY 411 - Version 3! - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

I would much rather take a 2-3 hour flight over being stuck in a train in the US for 6 hours. That's just me.

• 1 year later...

Upgrade would be terrific and a good revenue for port and line. Possible hotels etc

been wondering about that myself . Was in a 45min traffic jam to get out of the taxi. And the little shuttle bus to the ship. Grrr

denise

sent from my yp-g70 using tapatalk 2

Unfortunately, there are NO cruise ports in Tennessee and we have to fly to wherever we sail.

Looking forward to flying to the east coast to cruise on Quantum in March '15. Now if I can just find pretty good airfare, I wait for sales and usually fly Southwest.