getting to Lahaina just for the day

blakethan

Wondering if public bus is the way to get to Lahaina just for the day! We will be doing the Road to Hana on port day one with Valley Isle Excursions and wanted to go spend time in Lahainia on day two but POA dosent offer an excursion there on day two. Does anyone know how early a public bus runs to that side of the island? Or should I just rent a car?

A little reading on the board would reveal there is a bus. However, as it is a 45+ minute drive by car, a bus will take even longer, and you are at the mercy of the bus schedule. You could easily eat up a big chunk of your day working around bus schedules. A rental car would give you much more exploring ability.

I do not know what cruise date you are on, but on ours, on day #2 in Maui there is a bus to Lahaina for the day (6 hours) for about $34.

I logged in to my NCL account, when my cruise came up, for Maui, day 2, it was there.

I have done this tour on the bus twice before, and my sister has it booked this trip for her family, on day #2.

Archived