Flights....another plane question

Help I need to decide what to book for my India.Egypt cruise. We need to fly from Sydney to New Delhi and return from Cairo in March next year. I am so confused...I hate long haul flights so would be happy with short stopovers either way...suggestions please...any airline but I have Qantas FF points that I can use.

Sue

[/size]"]

Help I need to decide what to book for my India.Egypt cruise. We need to fly from Sydney to New Delhi and return from Cairo in March next year. I am so confused...I hate long haul flights so would be happy with short stopovers either way...suggestions please...any airline but I have Qantas FF points that I can use.

Sue

[/size]"]

You hate long haul so did I but last year I flew from Perth to LA then back again and it was pretty comfortable! This was the longest flight I have done since 1991, I have been breaking the flights to UK up ever since then but the USA flight was really cruisy:)

If you psych yourself up enough its a sinch as you get older:D

Sydney to New Deli? less than 14 hours:confused: Thats not long haul:)

You hate long haul so did I but last year I flew from Perth to LA then back again and it was pretty comfortable! This was the longest flight I have done since 1991, I have been breaking the flights to UK up ever since then but the USA flight was really cruisy:)

If you psych yourself up enough its a sinch as you get older:D

Sydney to New Deli? less than 14 hours:confused: Thats not long haul:)

You must be kidding anything longer than about 9.5 hours has me wanting to kick the doors out! All the flights I have looked at were between 15 to 17 hours...tooo long. I always end up next to the screaming kids or someone the size of an orangutan and a miserable night flight to boot. The only way I could pysch myself was to be plastered and thats not advisable.

Currently thinking about an Air Asia flight to Thailand and then onward from there...its only 4 hours apparently from Phuket?

Congrats on the non smoking by the way...well done.

How would it work out getting a cheap flight, say Singapore/Bangkok return, and then flights from there to New Dehli, and then another from Cairo back to rejoin your return flight?

From what I hear its almost a constant "bus service" from Singapore to India.

If you have a stopover in Singapore I suggest building in enough time for you to take break in the Airport Hotel. It is one floor above the departure lounge and has motel-style rooms. The minimum cost is for 6 hours. We had 7 hours and for three people it cost only $75 (nearly three years ago). There was time to have a shower and a proper sleep, then start on our next flight fully refreshed.

Currently thinking about an Air Asia flight to Thailand and then onward from there...its only 4 hours apparently from Phuket?

AirAsia X?

If you're wanting a pleasant and comfortable long-haul flight, I wouldn't be looking at budget carriers. Especially when you're then wanting to connect on further.

Question for those of you who recently got off the Radiance in Sydney. If any of you went straight to the AP, how much time is needed? I am looking at flights for next year and want to allow enough time. I believe the AP is pretty close but just not sure how things go once you get there?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AirAsia X?

If you're wanting a pleasant and comfortable long-haul flight, I wouldn't be looking at budget carriers. Especially when you're then wanting to connect on further.

Hi Sue,

I couldn't agree more. Do not consider a budget carrier if you want to be comfortable and hope to arrive stress free.

I agree with David. Singapore is only about 7.5 hours. You could spend some there, preferably more than a few hours, (overnight or longer if time and budget permits), fly with Singapore Airlines, relax, unwind, then fly on to New Delhi. They are a good airline, but it doesn't help you with your ff points.

Nicki

How about Emirates Sue. Now that they have partnered with qantas you may be able to use your points.

Or you could try Jetstar to Singapore as they are not your typical budget airline on that route. What I do like is that they have 2 seats 4 and 2 so only you and hubby sitting together. We paid for all the optional extras, got a day flight, and it was a breeze. Also no extra charge for 1 way flights.

After Singapore you should have lots of options into India. Good luck:)

Thanks everyone...looks like we will go through Singapore as everyone pointed out there are lots of flights from there and we can do a cheap stopover/shopover!! I will check out the options from Sydney to Singapore..I trust Lizzy so maybe Jetstar despite me vowing to never ever ever fly them again..lol. Have plenty of time to look at options...has anyone ever flown Air Asia?

Sue

We did Air Asia once AND only once to Singapore. Won't do that again!! It was an overnighter and their seats don't go back!! At least Jetstar you can do a day flight have a stopover and you are good to go:)

If you want a good inexpensive hotel check out the Grand Mecure Roxy.15 mins from the airport on the East Coast. ( it's near where our son lives so we know the area well) Just out of town, right opp a great shopping plaza Parkway Plaza, and the bus stops right at the door. Local hawker market with great food ( about $3 for the best chicken rice and roast pork) right next door and good cheap manicures and pedicures in the shops at the hotel.

Thanks...I will check both of those options....I am not really concerned about using FFpoints...I can use them another time...there's always another time...lol

I like Singapore but I have never been to Dubai so a combination of both would be good. Just after shorter flights and a good price.

Sue

If you're not bothered about using your FF points for either Qantas or Emirates Sue, have a look at Etihad.

I personally love Emirates because you get 30kgs per person luggage allowance and a full service on board. We have QFFF points and I'm thrilled that we can now use them for Emirates as well.

Jill:)

Archived