Early Saver Fall Sale question

JaxGuy

I am doing a B2b in Dec. I called about the Early saver Fall sale. I noticed that both cruises were the same fare as what I currently have, but I wanted to see if I qualified for the $50 Obc. On the first cruise she tried to run it through but it would not take it. I already had $100 OBC from a FCC that I used. It would give me the new OBC, but it took away some of the FCC OBC. So, she said it would not work.

On the second Cruise, I did not have any OBC, and when she ran it through, it gave me the $50.

I am not paid in full. That shouldn't make any difference.

I am going to call my PVP in the morning and find out about the First cruise and see if she can get me the credit.

They were very nice on the phone, and did it all while I waited.

When you call tho, don't tell them you are submitting an Early saver rate adjustment. They first gave me a recording and told me to submit it online, and then cut me off. I called back again, and this time when it gave me all the options, I just hit O for the operator, even tho that was not one of the options. I was connected immediately.

I am so happy to see any kind of reduction or OBC. That's a couple buckets.

Claudia

We are booked ES for a B2B in Nov. We submitted form & are looking forward to seeing another $50 OBC for each cruise...We had FCC's for the first $100 and will send in for our stock OBC closer to sailing, for another $100. I love having $250 OBC for each cruise and we have already had 2 price drops since booking in Feb. for about $120.00 With our cruise rate being $449 pp, it's like one of us goes for free on one of the cruises...that's how I think:) It will really be used for the steakhouse, anniversary dinner on Carnival) a ziplining excursion & buy more than a few buckets of beer:) And still the possibility of more price drops...I'm a happy cruiser:)

The rates for the Fall sale are the same as my Eary Saver rate except the OBC.

I submitted the form last night for both my Dec cruises and this morning I show the OBC listed under both cruises! I am not paid in full. There is a line item now under my billing on Manage my Cruise that shows "Promotional Onboard Credit $50"!

That was the fastest confirmation I've ever had!

I now have my $25 OBC :)

But from the sounds of it, if I get a price drop, I'd better make sure it's more than $25 less, otherwise not worth it.

I just tried to do this on the Dream for 11-23. My PVP just wrote back that since the rate was higher ( $70), that I probably didn't want to change to get the $50 OBC. I am going to keep checking.

Thanks for the reply. It looks like the only benefit is if the rates are within the $50 range. I was hoping - an extra $100 would have been sweet!

I went through this after my last price drop and again my rate plan changed to Easy saver fall sale. My Pvp and all reps i spoke to prior all said once Early Saver Always ES. They use new promo code to price match but in your history it still shows you were originally Early Saver. So even though your new confirmation has different plan, you are still EArly Saver and your booking history reflects that. (It took my three calls and talking to my PVP to be assured of this).

Thank you, Lovebelle! Before I saw your reply, I called my PVP and she assured me the same thing! It's funny that you say you spoke with 3-4 people ... I felt that I wanted to record my conversation with my PVP for my reassurance, too :p

Did not get the obc.

Booked last year Early Saver for 11/9/2013 Balcony Cat 8b sailing on dream for total 1488.00 or 744.00 per person.

Found Early Saver Fall Sale on fare viewer website for Carnival and found the rate for balcony to be 1548.00 with ½ deposit and 50.00 obc if the sailing is between 9/1/2013 and 12/31/2013.

So I stupidly thought that even though I booked last year and paid full deposit, am past final payment, even have 1 carnival excursion paid for that I could get the 50.00 total not per person obc. I filled out the price protection form on carnival site 4/23/2013

Response via email overnight

“Thanks for contacting us . We’re sorry to inform you that we were unable to approve your Early Saver price protection request as one or more of the requirements have not been met. Pricing on booking is lower than the available rate. If your booking is repriced you will get the on board credit but you will be charged the current rate. Also the 50.00 on board credit is per cabin and not per person ( I knew that) so if there are two persons in a cabin each will get 25.00 (again Katie can count). If you are OK with paying the current rate (1548.00) and still wished for the booking to be repriced the resubmit your request so that it can be processed again. Please call the number listed in the email and an agent will assist you with any comments or concerns that you may have".

It was worth a try I guess. Gave me something to do while eating lunch yesterday.

Did not get the obc.

Booked last year Early Saver for 11/9/2013 Balcony Cat 8b sailing on dream for total 1488.00 or 744.00 per person.

Found Early Saver Fall Sale on fare viewer website for Carnival and found the rate for balcony to be 1548.00 with ½ deposit and 50.00 obc if the sailing is between 9/1/2013 and 12/31/2013.

So I stupidly thought that even though I booked last year and paid full deposit, am past final payment, even have 1 carnival excursion paid for that I could get the 50.00 total not per person obc. I filled out the price protection form on carnival site 4/23/2013

Response via email overnight

“Thanks for contacting us . We’re sorry to inform you that we were unable to approve your Early Saver price protection request as one or more of the requirements have not been met. Pricing on booking is lower than the available rate. If your booking is repriced you will get the on board credit but you will be charged the current rate. Also the 50.00 on board credit is per cabin and not per person ( I knew that) so if there are two persons in a cabin each will get 25.00 (again Katie can count). If you are OK with paying the current rate (1548.00) and still wished for the booking to be repriced the resubmit your request so that it can be processed again. Please call the number listed in the email and an agent will assist you with any comments or concerns that you may have".

It was worth a try I guess. Gave me something to do while eating lunch yesterday.

I just received the same reply, never hurts to try. I did get a $90 price drop last week though, which makes $160 so far for our upcoming Dream cruise!

Happy Sailing,

Here is the fine print for the sale.

Nowhere does it state that that you will lose your OBC if your base rate goes down or that your rate code will be changed, also it states that it is a price adjustment. It does spell out how a lower rate has to be same ship, same date and same cat cabin and that all you have to do is to submit a Price Protection claim form and request a cruise fare adjustment.

The $50.00 is a spiff for booking not part of the rate. I just don't see how they show be able to take it away.

This just destroys the whole early saver idea to me. I personally think if they were going to take away the OBC spiff if you made a price match claim then they should have just made a different sale for the OBC like the friends and family sale and not tied it to early saver. Just my option.

EARLY SAVER FALL SALE

Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person and based on double occupancy. Onboard Credit offer is non-transferable and is provided as a refundable onboard credit to your Sail & Sign account of up to $12.50 per person up to a maximum of $25 per stateroom on select 3-5 day sailings and up to $25 per person up to a maximum of $50 per stateroom for select 6 day and greater sailings. Onboard credit amounts may vary by ship and sail date. If your Sail & Sign account has an onboard credit balance at the end of the cruise after all authorized purchases have been applied to the account, any remaining unused portion of the onboard credit will be delivered in check form to your stateroom on the morning of debarkation with your final Sail & Sign statement. Onboard credit may not be applied to cruise fare or Government taxes and fees. Reduced deposits are applicable to sailings outside of final payment due date. Reduced deposits are based off the full per person deposit amount and may vary by ship and sail date. Changes made to the reservation may result in removal of the reduced deposit offer.

Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Category restrictions and exclusions apply. Carnival reserves the right to withdraw and/or change offer at any time without prior notice. Cruise Fare does not include fuel supplements charges and/or government taxes and fees. Government taxes and fees range from $37.06 to $319.82, and are assessed on a per guest basis and according to the itinerary. Full payment of the per person deposit is required at the time of booking. All cancellations that occur prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit less a $50 pp service fee. The future cruise credit can only be redeemed on bookings made in USD currency, will be applied to your cruise fare, is non-refundable, non-transferable, any unused portion will be forfeited, and must be used on a sailing within 24 months from the date of cancellation. Full names are required for each guest. Guest may select the stateroom. Early Saver fare is only available for short cruises (5 days or less), 3 months prior to sail date, and available for long cruises (6 days or longer), 5 months prior to sail date. No name changes are allowed. Early Saver fare is backed by a unique price protection policy that allows you to adjust your cruise fare to the best available fare advertised by Carnival and available to the general public. Carnival will honor your request for price protection if the reduction on the total amount paid for your booking results only from a lower cruise fare and not from the booked ancillary services, such as air, transfers, pre-paid gratuities, or government taxes and fees. Early Saver price protection does not apply to Super Saver and Instant Saver fares, group rates, membership programs, charters, select promotional fares, travel agent rebates, or other travel agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public.

The price protection policy applies only to the category booked; no downgrades allowed. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable. A $50 change fee per guest will be assessed for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to final payment due date. The guest is responsible for increases to ancillary services such as air, resulting from changes to ship and/or sail date, or adjustments to cruise fare. Subsequent upgrades in lieu of price protection will no longer be offered. Cancellation penalties apply. To submit a Price Protection claim, visit carnival.com/earlysaver. When requesting a cruise fare adjustment, you must provide the lower rate amount and where the rate can be found. Requests will be accepted up to two business days prior to sailing. Lower rate must be: (i) for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests; (ii) a qualifying Carnival advertised rate (iii) available for booking at the time the request is reviewed by Carnival's reservation agents. Verified rate difference is issued as an on-board credit. The on-board credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the onboard credit will be forfeited. Offer is applicable on select sailings between 9/1/13 - 12/31/13. Valid on new bookings only. Must book between 4/23/13 – 4/25/13. Request rate code OEF. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas, Panama & Malta.

Archived