Early Saver Fall Sale question

JaxGuy

I haven't finished paying off the cruise-do you think that would affect getting the OBC?

No it wont. Im not paid off yet either but was able to get the OBC. My new confirmation reflects balance due and now is a separate line that shows $50 OBC.

I haven't finished paying off the cruise-do you think that would affect getting the OBC?

Nope, you should still get it. I had booked ES and while the price was still the same, they were now offering OBC of $50 for us which I found during a mock booking. I put a note stating that the price was the same only now they were offering the credit....got my new confirmation by noon today. Our cruise isn't paid off and we are still 5+ months out.

Even when I was booked PG last time, anytime PS had OBC offered, I called and it was given to me provided the rate was the same or lower.

I submitted the forms online but they got rejected (my rate went up but I saved $20 with the OBC), so I had to call in to get the adjustment (and explain to the rep why I would want to pay a higher base rate. When I got the rep to understand, he said "But it's only $20, it's not even worth it, is it?" I replied "Do you understand how many drinks that is?"

I think Carnival is screwing with the ES rate!

I was told that if I put in for a rate reduction now after getting the OBC that the OBC would go away and they are making other rates lower like past guest rates. So it is like the ES fall sale in not really ES. I would think that if I found a lower rate that I qualify for I should get that rate and the OBC. Maybe it is just me I don't know.

My rate hasnt changed for my October cruise. However, they are now offering the onboard credit. Applied for the OBC this morning using the early saver form, and it was approved about 4 hours later. I have not paid the cruise off yet, but have paid th full deposit amount for all 3 cabins that we booked.

My rate hasnt changed for my October cruise. However, they are now offering the onboard credit. Applied for the OBC this morning using the early saver form, and it was approved about 4 hours later. I have not paid the cruise off yet, but have paid th full deposit amount for all 3 cabins that we booked.

we weren;t asked for additional deposit, the promo shows the 50% deposit still

My husband and I are booked with an Early Saver rate for a September cruise on the Dream. I submitted my price drop request this morning, like it seems like most of you did, for a rate that is the same but includes $50 on-board credit.

I already received my reply and they added the $50 OBC to our cruise details. However, I noticed that my Guest Notes changed from Early Saver to Easy Saver Fall Sale. Does anyone else (who booked Early Saver) see this rate change on their confirmation email? I am worried that we are no longer price protected under Early Saver.

This is my husband's and my first time booking with an Early Saver rate and I do not understand all of the logistics yet, but if anyone knows if I forfeited our Early Saver price protection by applying for the $50 OBC, please let me know :)

if anyone knows if I forfeited our Early Saver price protection by applying for the $50 OBC, please let me know :)

I sure hope not! If you look at Fareviewer the Early Saver Fall Sale rate says:

"Choose your stateroom, get price protection and 50% reduced deposit. Plus, get up to $50 onboard credit per stateroom when you sail between Sep 1 and Dec 31, 2013."

Just got through my confirmation of our OBC too :)

My husband and I are booked with an Early Saver rate for a September cruise on the Dream. I submitted my price drop request this morning, like it seems like most of you did, for a rate that is the same but includes $50 on-board credit.

I already received my reply and they added the $50 OBC to our cruise details. However, I noticed that my Guest Notes changed from Early Saver to Easy Saver Fall Sale. Does anyone else (who booked Early Saver) see this rate change on their confirmation email? I am worried that we are no longer price protected under Early Saver.

This is my husband's and my first time booking with an Early Saver rate and I do not understand all of the logistics yet, but if anyone knows if I forfeited our Early Saver price protection by applying for the $50 OBC, please let me know :)

I went through this after my last price drop and again my rate plan changed to Easy saver fall sale. My Pvp and all reps i spoke to prior all said once Early Saver Always ES. They use new promo code to price match but in your history it still shows you were originally Early Saver.

I went through this after my last price drop and again my rate plan changed to Easy saver fall sale. My Pvp and all reps i spoke to prior all said once Early Saver Always ES. They use new promo code to price match but in your history it still shows you were originally Early Saver. So even though your new confirmation has different plan, you are still EArly Saver and your booking history reflects that. (It took my three calls and talking to my PVP to be assured of this).

No it wont. Im not paid off yet either but was able to get the OBC. My new confirmation reflects balance due and now is a separate line that shows $50 OBC.

Mine too :) Excellent, So far we have paid for the Steakhouse one night and about half of an excursion with price drops and OBC.

We are booked on the Dream in Oct, category 4f. We were told today that only new bookings qualified for the Early Saver Fall $50.00 OBC. I called back and spoke to someone else who said that our category is no longer available so we don't qualify for the OBC. Is it just me or is this ridiculous? I did not know that if the category sold out, we would no longer qualify for the discounts when we booked the Early Saver rate. Anyone else have this issue?

I submitted the form hoping for the credit.

I posted on a similar topic a little while ago, but I'll post it here, too, just so everyone is aware...

I spoke to a rep earlier today because I was wanting to change from PG to the new ES promotion (knowing that I could price match to the current PG rate). I asked her if the OBC would be lost when I requested the rate reduction and she said that, yes, it would be gone. They type in codes for every rate and the promotion has it's own code that includes the OBC. Once you price match to a different rate such as PG, Over 55, etc a new code gets entered in that wipes out the promotional OBC. I am not sure, however, if the credit will be lost if you price match to ES rates only.

I went ahead and switched to ES since I could submit for the lower PG rate ($60 difference). I did it knowing that I would lose the promotional OBC, but I would be at my previous rate with the benefits of ES in the future.

We are booked on the Dream in Oct, category 4f. We were told today that only new bookings qualified for the Early Saver Fall $50.00 OBC. I called back and spoke to someone else who said that our category is no longer available so we don't qualify for the OBC. Is it just me or is this ridiculous? I did not know that if the category sold out, we would no longer qualify for the discounts when we booked the Early Saver rate. Anyone else have this issue?

I submitted the form hoping for the credit.

I called back and got the OBC. It is all in who you talk to............craziness! Happy about the OBC!!

:D

I booked early saver for 2 cabins (9C and 4E) on Valor in Sept. I checked early saver, past guest and early saver fall sale rates today and they are all slightly higher than what I am paying. Based on what I am reading here, I can submit a claim for the $50 on board per cabin? Even though I have always booked early saver, I have never filled a claim :(

I was told it was for new booking only...Is everyone paid in full? I was also told I couldn't get it because I wasn't paid in full.

I argued, told him I knew other people who got it & prayed and guess who got the OBC for both cabins?!? :) :)

I was told it was for new booking only...Is everyone paid in full?

I am not paid in full but had to call my PVP to get the OBC. I tried the ES form route but was denied. I was only going for the OBC, not price adjustment. I don't think the ES form route understood so I called my PVP and she applied it. Took all of 2 minutes to do.

I had a small ($30) price drop on one leg of my B2B and now a $50 OBC on each leg. All in just a couple of days! :D

Double check...mine says EARLY saver fall sale, not easy saver. I think you are fine ;)

I booked early saver for 2 cabins (9C and 4E) on Valor in Sept. I checked early saver, past guest and early saver fall sale rates today and they are all slightly higher than what I am paying. Based on what I am reading here, I can submit a claim for the $50 on board per cabin? Even though I have always booked early saver, I have never filled a claim :(

I just tried to do this on the Dream for 11-23. My PVP just wrote back that since the rate was higher ( $70), that I probably didn't want to change to get the $50 OBC. I am going to keep checking.

Archived