Carnival Breeze Time Lapse Videos and Live Blog

Spaniel Lover

I've sailed with Consuela twice from San Diego on the Spirit. She's a lovely lady who will stop to chat with passengers who approach her when she's out and about on deck. She puts nervous guests who are performing at Superstar Live at ease so they can give it their all. Consuela always demonstrates sincere hospitality and class. Thanks for sharing the video, Jim. :)

We had a great day today in the Dominican Republic! The Bayahibe Beach Break shore excursion was EXCELLENT... which surprised me a bit, since the reviews on Carnival.com were not so good. But it was one of the finest beaches I've ever been to... plus a very nice swimming pool... and an open bar. I started drinking rum & cokes at 11 AM... but I'm sure it was 5 o'clock somewhere. :)

Take a look at a time lapse video of our departure from La Romana at

Another great day... this time on the island of Curacao. There were LOTS of surprises here... starting with the most beautiful infinity pool I've ever seen... at a hotel right next to the dock.

CarnivalBreeze-IMG_7764.JPG

Also, I shot a time-lapse video of our arrival... which you can see at

There's more pictures, plus the funny story of the woman that fell asleep in the lounger next to us and who managed to wiggle enough in her sleep that one of her breasts TOTALLY fell out of her bikini top... at http://www.zimfamilycockers.com/CarnivalBreeze.html

Another great day... this time on the island of Curacao. There were LOTS of surprises here... starting with the most beautiful infinity pool I've ever seen... at a hotel right next to the dock.

CarnivalBreeze-IMG_7764.JPG

Also, I shot a time-lapse video of our arrival... which you can see at

There's more pictures, plus the funny story of the woman that fell asleep in the lounger next to us and who managed to wiggle enough in her sleep that one of her breasts TOTALLY fell out of her bikini top... at http://www.zimfamilycockers.com/CarnivalBreeze.html

Excuse me?? How did you get this while we got "Rasta Car Wash" and strange comings and goings (ok, I admit it was interesting to watch from our balcony) from Westerdam last spring???

Excellent review so far. My girlfriend and I are booked on the Breeze for the 6-day itinerary in September.

We ended up in a spa cabin also...Stateroom 11246, which is pretty close to where you currently are.

Any chance you'll post some more pictures of the cabin and balcony by chance?

How is the noise level for that area of the ship? How much "rocking and rolling" have you felt being on that high of a deck?

Edited by Strmwatch

I'm on the Carnival Breeze... on week two of back-to-back cruises. Just before embarking on this vacation, I was fortunate enough to purchase the brand new Canon Digital Rebel T5i... which is the latest, greatest Canon DSLR to hit the market. I've been putting it to the test, and have come up with some pretty good photos. The most interesting thing to come from the camera, though, has been some time lapse videos of our departures from Nassau and and the port of Miami.

Take a look at the video of the departure from Nassau at

You can see both the Disney Dream and the Carnival Sensation as we head out to sea.

The Miami video is at

Carnival Liberty is visible at :11 and :22

Disney Wonder is visible at :23

Check out all the small boat traffic at :51 and 1:28

Beautiful South Beach at 1:36

Of course, I also took a lot of still photos. Here are a few of my favorites:

CarnivalBreeze-IMG_2196.JPG

Carnival Breeze docked in Grand Turk

CarnivalBreeze-IMG_3669.JPG

Our spa balcony cabin

CarnivalBreeze-IMG_2271.JPGThe beautiful decor of the ship

CarnivalBreeze-IMG_2033.JPG

The new pizza... which is hugely better than the old pizza.

Take a look at LOTS more pictures at http://www.zimfamilycockers.com/CarnivalBreeze.html

Enjoy!

The Pictures looks sharp!

That is freaking awesome. I guess i will have to get rid of my 4 and go to the 5.

so, you're actually taking video and letting the camera time lapse it or are they stills that you worked into video time lapse?

The review, which includes LOTS more photos, is at http://www.zimfamilycockers.com/CarnivalBreeze.html

And be aware that we are only halfway through our back-to-back cruises... so there WILL be updates to the web page in the coming days. Check it again from time to time for more photos and stories from the ship. We have four very interesting ports coming up this week... so there should be a lot more to add to the web page.

The link to your website is probably one of the best reviews I've ever seen. You did an awesome job on it. Now go spend some time with your lovely wife. :)

I have saved the link for future reference. I have always marveled at the decor of the Breeze and have often had dreams of a B2B on her!

Sailing in about 3 weeks or so. This was a great thing to get me in a nice passive mood after a long week at work!

So, you're actually taking video and letting the camera time lapse it? Or are they stills that you worked into video time lapse?

They were stills, one every second, using a very inexpensive intervalometer to trigger the shutter. I got it from Amazon.com, and it just plugs in to the side of the camera.

After you shoot all the stills, you just use Microsoft's free Windows Live Movie Maker software to put them together in to a video. It's fairly simple, with just a tiny learning curve the first time.

How is the noise level for that area of the ship? How much "rocking and rolling" have you felt being on that high of a deck?

The noise level is practically zero. It's a fantastic area of the ship for anyone who wants things to be serene. Last night they had one of the big deck parties and it was SO LOUD out at the deck party... but back at our cabin you could not hear any of it at all.

Also, the stateroom stewards storage area is down the hall by the elevators... so at this end of the hall you do not hear them doing their thing. I once had a cabin that was across the hall from the stewards storage area... and that was a very bad place to be.

Regarding rocking and rolling... nothing objectionable that I noticed.

The best part about this particular area of the ship... deck 11, forward... is that you have the nearby Cloud Nine elevator which can quickly and effortlessly get you to either the spa, the gym, or the serenity deck. That's really convenient.

Our final port-of-call was Aruba, where we went on a snorkeling excursion from the "Mi Dushi" sailboat. This was about a five hour excursion, stopping at three different snorkeling sites. I've done at least one snorkeling excursion on just about every one of the 18 cruises we've been on... and I saw the largest number of fish on this one than any of the others. They were mostly smaller fish, but very colorful and in very large numbers. The "Mi Dushi" (translation: "My darling", or "my dear one") isn't particularly impressive looking in the picture I snapped, but it was really fun to sail on her and especially fun to jump off the sides to go snorkeling. You could also climb down a ladder to go snorkeling, but jumping off the side is WAY more fun!

CarnivalBreeze-IMG_7826.JPG

See that big net at the front of the boat? It was really fun for some of the kids to sit out on that net as the ship was sailing. One of the snorkeling sites we visited was the site of a wreck of a WWII-era German freighter. There were lots of fish here, and we also so an amazing eel that was about four feet long!

The shore excursion brochure said that there would be "an island lunch" provided onboard the ship, as well as an open soda and juice bar. It turns out that this was a case of under promising and over delivering! The island lunch turned out to be a really nice lunch of chicken, fish, rice, and fruit provided by a local catering outfit. It was surprisingly good. And the best surprise of all was that the "open soda and juice bar" turned out to be more of a real open bar... with unlimited alcoholic bevarages provided after we had finished at the last snorkel site. Once the booze started flowing, it changed the mood of the whole boat and we went from snorkeling mode to party mode. And when we got back onshore and took a short bus ride back to the Carnival Breeze... everyone was happy from the booze and it was one of the most entertaining bus rides I've ever been on! They played music that everyone knew, and provided maracas to everyone so that we could play along with the music. You probably had to be there... but just take my word for it that this was one of those fun cruise moments where a whole bunch of strangers came together to just have FUN. I'm going to remember it for a long time!

At 4 PM, it was time for the Carnival Breeze to set sail for Miami. Aruba is a LONG way from Florida... and we only had two days to sail back... so it's one of those days when passengers really need to get onboard on time, because the ship can't wait very long past the scheduled departure time. Of course, Murphy's Law applies, and this was the day that we had three passengers who were't onboard when the ship was ready to go. You could tell the Captain was really itching to set sail, because over the next 15 minutes he sounded the ship's horn about five different times... as a final warning to the tardy passengers that if they didn't get back to the ship real soon, they were going to be left behind. That horn is really loud... and can be heard throughout the town, I'm sure. That's not a sound you want to hear from halfway accross town if you're supposed to be on the ship!

Two of the three tardy passengers arrived about ten minutes past our scheduled sailing time... to a chorus of taunts from those of us on our balconies watching the scene on the pier below. The final passenger arrived 15 minutes late... and as soon as he got onboard, the gangway was pulled up and off we went. I actually managed to catch it on a time-lapse video that I shot from our balcony. If you look real carefully at the video, you'll see the pier runner come out of the parking lot 7 seconds in to the video and head to the little guard shack with the turquoise roof. From there he runs over to the right side of the big metal terminal building and at 10 seconds in to the video you can see him run out the left side of the terminal and head over to the gangway, which is out of view. The ship sets sail immediately after that.

The video is at

The cabin number is 11222. Yes, the balcony is completely covered and private.

Regarding further time-lapse videos... my plan is to try to get one from the rear of the ship at each of the ports this week.

I'm waiting on the rest of the fun times. :)

The review, which includes LOTS more photos, is at http://www.zimfamilycockers.com/CarnivalBreeze.html

And be aware that we are only halfway through our back-to-back cruises... so there WILL be updates to the web page in the coming days. Check it again from time to time for more photos and stories from the ship. We have four very interesting ports coming up this week... so there should be a lot more to add to the web page.

I checked out your videos and web site.... I really like it and appreciate the time and effort you have put into it. Thanks for posting!

They were stills, one every second, using a very inexpensive intervalometer to trigger the shutter. I got it from Amazon.com, and it just plugs in to the side of the camera.

After you shoot all the stills, you just use Microsoft's free Windows Live Movie Maker software to put them together in to a video. It's fairly simple, with just a tiny learning curve the first time.

Well I know what I will be doing this weekend. Thanks for the info and your review is unbelievable. Thanks for all the pics. You certainly do have a way with words.

Make sure you pay attention to you wife now. LOL ;)

Wow, that is the best review I have read in a very long time! Thanks so much for putting this together with the pic's too. You are very good at this and it is much appreciated! I can't believe you did this while on the ship, I can barely figure out how to post my pic on facebook.....

Chris

TOTALLY AGREE on this review. We were on the Breeze in February and in Curaçao and Aruba last year on HAL...what fun to relive memories. THANK YOU