luggage storage in Istanbul...

hi

can anyone recommend anywhere i can store my luggage on de-emabarkation day?

We will be off the ship around 9am and flight is not until the evening, so was wondering if there was anywhere to store luggage around Taksim Square? ( looking to go to Taksim sq area to do some shopping

thanks!!:o

In similar circumstances, we had problems finding anywhere in the centre.

In the end we stored our bags for the day at a manned left-luggage office at the huge bus/train interchange at Otogar.

It's on the train route to Ataturk airport, but not overly convenient because it's out of the city centre, almost halfway to the airport. We took a taxi there from the ship (involved a lot of negotiating, we ended up hailing a taxi on the main road one block back from the port cos taxis at the port are a bunch of over-priced rogues). From Otogar we caught a train then tram, to Sultanahmet for the day, & same route back to the airport, collecting bags on the way.

Are you stopping at an Istanbul hotel prior to your cruise?

If you ask, they'll probably oblige after your cruise, mebbe for a small fee.

That's what we should have done.

If we'd done our homework :rolleyes:

JB :)

Try this site:

http://bagaj.co/eng/

hi there, can i ask if you tried this service ?

Also thanks for the other replies, i think if worse came to worse i will go straight to airport and then drop of cases then try and get back out to Taksim square. Dont think i can try the hotel options as we wont be staying in istanbul:)

hi there, can i ask if you tried this service ?

Also thanks for the other replies, i think if worse came to worse i will go straight to airport and then drop of cases then try and get back out to Taksim square. Dont think i can try the hotel options as we wont be staying in istanbul:)

No, I haven't tried it. My first visit to Istanbul will be at the end of May and beginning of June.

We had the same issue last fall.

We stored our luggage in the storage lockers at Sirkeci train station. It was a very short cab ride from where we docked...just across the bridge. Spent the day in Istanbul and then grabbed a cab to the airport.

Archived