cafe/pastries/coffee

gumdrop38

In a book I have it states all carnival ships have room service,scheduled dining meals and buffets...but it also says it has cafes with coffee and pastries...

I like to be well informed...

In the things I read of services it makes it seem like these are included in fare......this is one from thier own sight but I have seen more...

Spa Carnival Selections

Sushi Bars and European Style Cafes

24-Hour Pizzeria and Ice Cream Bar

Complimentary Stateroom Service

From what I am reading here I get a different view....

Going on sensation...I have 6 people using my credit card on thier sign and sale .

Dont want to be shocked at the end with extras that could have been avoided....

Thanks

In a book I have it states all carnival ships have room service,scheduled dining meals and buffets...but it also says it has cafes with coffee and pastries...

I like to be well informed...

In the things I read of services it makes it seem like these are included in fare......

From what I am reading here I get a different view....

Going on sensation...I have 6 people using my credit card on thier sign and sale .

Dont want to be shocked at the end with extras that could have been avoided....

Thanks

It will be an added cost.

Included from you list: Pizza and Ice Cream, Sushi, Spa Carnival selections on the menu, and room service (except for the tip).

Extra: The Cafe which serves better desserts, Starbucks style coffees/teas, and milkshakes, the Specialty restaurants have an "up charge," and most alcoholic beverages unless you hit the free parties or art auctions.

I'm sure there's alot more information that will come your way from your posting. Have a great cruise!

Bunkie - Y'know, I can't remember a coffee/dessert bar on Sensation, either....but you're right about no specialty restaurant, and I don't recall seeing a sushi bar.

Gumdrop - IF there's a charge for anything, there should be signs showing the prices, so just tell your group to stay clear of them.:) (There's too much food on the ship with no extra charge, anyway.)

There's no charge for the 24-hour pizzeria, deli, ice cream/yogurt machines, juice machines, room service food, or dining room Spa menu items, or Lido Deck buffet food. Also, no charge for cappuccino or espresso in the formal dining rooms. Tell your folks there will be Cokes/Sprites in the cabins, but there's a $2.50 each charge if they drink them, and the big bottle of water is like $3.50. You probably don't want those items on your Sail & Sign account, either!:D

Coffee place on the Sensation is called Joe's cafe. Anything you eat or drink from here there will be a charge. Flavored coffee, espressos, cappachino,

milkshakes. different cakes, cookies, pastries. all for a charge. (there is a price list on each cake, pie or cookie.

Cotton got lucky with her specialty coffee in the dining room. There was a charge for the specialty coffee in the dining room for us on any cruise...even the Sensation which is my favorite ship to date.

room service is free - but tip the server when its delivered as you might not get the server again.

soda cards are not good for room service.

Cotton got lucky with her specialty coffee in the dining room. There was a charge for the specialty coffee in the dining room for us on any cruise

I have never been charged for after dinner specialty coffee. It must depend on the waitstaff. After the first night they brought it out automatically.

Serene :D yep, I guess so. I have all three meals every day in the dining room on every cruise, and I have never been charged for either cappuccino or espresso - and I have one or the other with each meal. (Espresso in the morning really wakes me up!) After the first night, the waiter on the Sensation just automatically brought me a double espresso every night with my dessert.

We had a sushi bar on the Fascination and it was not extra. The coffee, muffin, and teas are usually found in the deli area and were not an extra charge on the Fascination. The Spa Selection on the menu was also free.

Basically, they added a few things and made it into a whole new category. The Spa Selection or Low Carb was something simple like a grilled chicken breast with broccoli and cheese.

On Victory, there was a separate cafe on Promernade Deck with specialty coffees and desserts at extra charge. That sounds like the equivalent of what Serene mentioned on Sensation. We didn't have an extra charge for specialty coffee in the dining room, and regular coffee is availble on Lido deck at no extra charge at all times. Last year we worried about our 14 YO son with the arcade - this year, coffee is the worry!

Archived