Great items to take on your cruise

gumboroux

If you are a knitter or crocheter, I made a piece an inch wide and long enough to go around the handle circle. Then knitted end to end making a one piece ring. Bright colored yarn and it makes it so easy to pick out your luggage in the pile.

Louise

We have some ultra light weight cloths hampers than fols completely flat and easily fit in a medium sized suitcase. IIRC a set of 3 was less than 10 dollars at a wallgreens.

We set them in the corner of the closet. Really helps keep things straight.

Love them! We bought them for our cruise in May and it kept the closet more tidy and made the trip to the laundry room a breeze! They will now come on every cruise.

Agree! I've never brought it on a cruise..saying that now..hope I won't need it..lol can probably find it in most ports if needed.

Yes me too. I always buy it new for a trip and cruise.

Last cruise, I took a partial roll of duct tape. Offered it to room steward on last day. He was glad to get it. Said people were always asking for it and he didn't ever have any.

According to online info, THIS type of Chlorox wipes DO work for C.Diff and Noro

Clorox® Healthcare™ Bleach Germicidal Wipes

Lysol spray label says it kills 99.9% of known viruses including Norovirus.

"Eyeglass repair tube (along with spare pair)"

On our last cruise, DH dropped his glasses off the bed in the cabin.. I went to look for them and you guessed it - I stepped on them... They didn't break but they came apart. I called the customer service desk to see if they had anyone on board who could fix them... they said they would call me back - and never did. Then I remembered my eye glass repair kit I had packed and sure enough, I was able to fix them for him... good enough to hold til we got home. We now both bring a spare pair too...:eek:

I had a molar tooth break when we were crossing the Atlantic on a TA. Fortunately, i didn't experince any pain but I was very careful not to chew on that side or use ice in my drinks. When i got home After visiting my dentist to get my tooth fixed I immediately bought a tooth filling repair kit and put it with all my other cruise necessaties.

I always take 2 giant clothes pegs with me to clip my pool towel to my sunlounger on windy days - they fit the loungers on Cunard - I don't know about other lines. (In the UK Mega Pegs from Lakeland)

I don't have time to read all 12 pages right now, but I wanted to say I found the Purex 3 in 1's on soap.com for a very reasonable price. Better than Amazon right now. I was going to take Tide pods but I read reviews where people say they didn't dissolve so well or they left blue stains on their clothes. I used the 3 in 1's on cruises past and they worked well for me.

ETA: I guess they were so cheap because I had a 25% off coupon, so if you decide to buy one it would be worth finding a coupon.

Edited by giselleacttwo

I had a molar tooth break when we were crossing the Atlantic on a TA. Fortunately' date=' i didn't experince any pain but I was very careful not to chew on that side or use ice in my drinks. When i got home After visiting my dentist to get my tooth fixed I immediately bought a tooth filling repair kit and put it with all my other cruise necessaties.[/quote']

The medical clinics on board cruise ships are prepared for much more than just norovirus outbreaks and common seasickness! They have stuff for dental emergencies, burns, broken bones...just about everything. I had a crown fall off on one cruise and was fixed right up by the doctor on board. My ship board account was charged for the doctor but I was able to turn the paperwork in to my insurance for reimbursement after the cruise.

Great idea, I'll have to get a large one before my next cruise. The towel "hooks" provided on the bathroom door can't hold a towel. They end up on the floor ...

Jackie

I wrap a Bongo Tie around each door hook and towels stay on the hooks. Just take them off when you disembark.

Bongo Ties have unlimited uses when traveling! Search Bongo Ties on eBay or Amazon. I keep them in the car, workshop and in my travel kit.

I purchased refrigerator magnets from Walgreens for my May Cruise to Alaska and they work well on the wall.

See my picture below.

DSC_0799_zps17ff7a45.jpg

I wanted to use a night light in the bathroom but knew that the plugs were non polarized so I went to a hardware store and the employee took a plug adapter to the key person who cut and filed one side down and for $1.60 I had an adapter that worked. See my photos below of the bathroom plug and with my nightlight with adapter plugged in.

DSC_0083_zpsc37116ec.jpg

DSC_0084_zps419a91a4.jpg

Tom:)

I wrap a Bongo Tie around each door hook and towels stay on the hooks. Just take them off when you disembark.

Bongo Ties have unlimited uses when traveling! Search Bongo Ties on eBay or Amazon. I keep them in the car, workshop and in my travel kit.

Very cool and very reasonably priced. Thanks for the tip, I'll have to pick up some and will probably find lots of uses even before my next cruise.

Jackie

I googled bongo ties -they look great - but I ended up on a website called quirky. I have ordered the 60 pack of things like bongo ties but with hooks. Cost a fair bit to get them sent to Australia but I can see heaps of use for them and I will give lots to my son & daughter. I intend to take heaps with me on our upcoming cruise. Can't get them or bongo ties in aust. But I am working on converting ordinary rubber bands into makeshift bongo ties. I think they are a great idea and thanks the tip.

That's what I did for our luggage, and it is the best idea when you are trying to locate your luggage on the carousel at the airport ! My husband didn't like the bright pink, though! Ha ha.

It also makes sure nobody inadvertently walks off with your luggage that happens to look the same as theirs. Not as easy to do today -with so much extra security etc. - but -particularly at domestic airports -it can happen (and did to me in 1995 at Heathrow-leaving me without my clothes for 3 days til the mistake was discovered and corrected - had to borrow DHs clothes to go shopping:o in the meantime). Now we always travel with a spare outfit in carry-on and checked luggage is always 'marked' to easily identify- so bight pink sounds good to me.;)

It also makes sure nobody inadvertently walks off with your luggage that happens to look the same as theirs. Not as easy to do today -with so much extra security etc. - but -particularly at domestic airports -it can happen (and did to me in 1995 at Heathrow-leaving me without my clothes for 3 days til the mistake was discovered and corrected - had to borrow DHs clothes to go shopping:o in the meantime). Now we always travel with a spare outfit in carry-on and checked luggage is always 'marked' to easily identify- so bight pink sounds good to me.;)

You should also put some of your clothes into each others checked bags..odds are at least ONE of your bags will show up.

Also I always put sandals, bathing suit or shorts, black slinky cruise wear pants and slinky top into carry on bag ...(can be used on formal nite in a pinch should bags not arrive. ) no need to wait for bags to arrive at cabin so soon as we hit our cabin, i can change and sit by the pool if applicable.

You should also put some of your clothes into each others checked bags..odds are at least ONE of your bags will show up.

We do that now whenever we fly and whenever we board ships direct from the airport. Fortunately our next cruise leaves from our 'home' port. I do so LOVE this. None of the worries about luggage.:D Only trouble is I have received so many good tips about cool things to take on a cruise, I am getting worried I might not have any room for clothes:o

We do that now whenever we fly and whenever we board ships direct from the airport. Fortunately our next cruise leaves from our 'home' port. I do so LOVE this. None of the worries about luggage.:D Only trouble is I have received so many good tips about cool things to take on a cruise, I am getting worried I might not have any room for clothes:o

I LOVE home port cruises too. Just got off a repro last month and we walked off the ship, hopped on the rapid transit train and were back at our car in 25 mins :)

While at Tuesday Morning yesterday I found a Amerelle model plug in night light with digital clock combo! It has a back up battery so the clock stays active and I only paid $2.99 for the one I bought....it is model number 71402 and the night light turns off during the daylight and on at night. I think it will be great for those cruise ship bathrooms....after all, don't we all want to know what time we got up in the middle of the night!! :p

Please enlighten the rest of us. What is the coconut oil for?

I do eat it as well as use on my skin and hair. It is one of the most healthy foods you can eat. I also use it on cuts, bites etc. It is anti viral, antimicrobial, antibiotic, anti fungal as well. There are hundrends of uses you may want to look up all the healthful uses. Too many to list here. I did just start with capsules about a year ago, but that really couldn't be used for cooking and skin/hair care. It sounds crazy, but once you use it you will really find many more uses for it. It doesn't sting on injuries but makes a coating to keep dirt etc out plus no infection. Seeing is believing because like I said I started using gradually for different things. (not for me but many use it for cradle cap/diaper rash for babies)

While at Tuesday Morning yesterday I found a Amerelle model plug in night light with digital clock combo! It has a back up battery so the clock stays active and I only paid $2.99 for the one I bought....it is model number 71402 and the night light turns off during the daylight and on at night. I think it will be great for those cruise ship bathrooms....after all, don't we all want to know what time we got up in the middle of the night!! :p

I went to the Tuesday Morning web sight and typed in amerelle nightlight model number 71402 and came up with nothing. I also just used "nightlight" and got nothing. Do you have a link for the nightlight? Another question will it work in a non-polarized plug which the bathroom has?

Thanks!

Tom:)