rough seas in the Baltic?

DCguys

We're considering a late Aug/early Sept cruise from Amsterdam to St Petersburg. Is this region known for rough seas at that time of year? I'm sensitive to motion sickness, but have been lucky on past cruises. Those cruises sailed through very smooth waters: the eastern Caribbean in the winter and the Western Med. in midsummer. Should I be concerned about the Baltic?

We were on a late August Baltic cruise and it was very smooth. Just come prepared with something to take because you never know. The Baltic cruise is wonderful - port intensive but amazing!

We did an August Baltic cruise and there was barely a ripple. But just as stock offerings, one would have to say that past performance is no guarantee of future results. If there are no storms, and winds are reasonably slight, then the seas will be flat. If there are a couple of storms or the winds really pick up for a day or two, then the seas are going to be rough.

The worst seas I ever saw were on a bright, sunny day.

There are lots of postings, many by me, about seasickness. Take the standard precautions and you will likely be fine in a day or less. Stay where you can see the horizon, eat normal meals (not greasy and don't overeat), and get some fresh air.

We're considering a late Aug/early Sept cruise from Amsterdam to St Petersburg. Is this region known for rough seas at that time of year? I'm sensitive to motion sickness, but have been lucky on past cruises. Those cruises sailed through very smooth waters: the eastern Caribbean in the winter and the Western Med. in midsummer. Should I be concerned about the Baltic?

I always carry Scopace tablets as a backup if other things fail. I don't like putting on a Transderm patch and getting medicine into my body that I may not need. Scopace is the same medicine but taken as a tablet and last about 6 hours. Needs a Rx.

Ginger Candy now I would take prophylactically. I have a band but never wore it. On 45 cruises I have taken three Scopace tablets. One on New York to Bermuda, One on an Orient cruise in the South china Sea and one in the Antarctic.

Archived