Angled Balcony

kelee2405

We are staying in one of the mid ship balconies right before the hump of the ship. All of the layouts show an angled balcony. Does this mean we will have more space? Does anyone on the ship have any pictures of this type of room? We will be in room 10784.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Here is a picture posted by CC member "philamike" who is on the Breakaway right now. It is a hump angled balcony. Hope this helps.

3.1367600676.hump-balcony.jpg

Is there a live feed? Is he reporting back?

Thank you! We are very excited, especially since we will have a little leg room. June cannot come soon enough! If anyone has any other balcony pictures, or interior of this room - we would love to see it! Is the bed near the closet or balcony?

Thank you! We are very excited, especially since we will have a little leg room. June cannot come soon enough! If anyone has any other balcony pictures, or interior of this room - we would love to see it! Is the bed near the closet or balcony?

It depends on the room as there are a number of angled balconies available. You can find the answer for a specific cabin by consulting the deck plans.

My room is 10784 - I have checked the deck plans, but how can I tell which side of the room the bed is on by looking at that?

The bed in this cabin is by the balcony. And you have an extended angled balcony which gives extra space.

Good choice this cabin.

My room is 10784 - I have checked the deck plans, but how can I tell which side of the room the bed is on by looking at that?

This bed is by the balcony. The bed is located in the widest part of the stateroom. You can see this indent on the deck plans. The beds basically alternate down the row of cabins.

HTH

This bed is by the balcony. The bed is located in the widest part of the stateroom. You can see this indent on the deck plans. The beds basically alternate down the row of cabins.

HTH

Interesting... Assuming this is true, the room descriptions on NCL do not match. :rolleyes:

When I do a mock booking, and click the cabin number that gets a popup with the room description, it says the bed is next to balcony in the one next to it as well. I thought I had picked a cabin with that layout, but it looks like I was mistaken.

11874 or 11894?

I mock-booked a cruise way out in 2015 so more cabins are available, and whenever I click on any of the cabins in BC, it says the beds are near the balcony door. From the deck plans as you explained them, it looks like most of these angled balconies have the beds on the other side. I will deal with it either way- it is just frustrating when you can't rely on information from NCL's own website.

Interesting... Assuming this is true, the room descriptions on NCL do not match. :rolleyes:

When I do a mock booking, and click the cabin number that gets a popup with the room description, it says the bed is next to balcony in the one next to it as well. I thought I had picked a cabin with that layout, but it looks like I was mistaken.

After looking closer at the deck plans you are correct. Most categories/rooms the bed switches locations as you move down the row, other categories/rooms occasionally have two rooms adjoining that have the bed in the same location. This occurs on the deck plan where the squiggly line/indent flips direction briefly and interrupts the pattern, if that makes sense. This occurs approx 4-5 times on deck 10 starboard fwiw.

11874 and 11894 beds, from my understanding, are located closer to bathroom. Perhaps I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time. :D

11294, 11240, 11840, 11182, 11782 have bed by balcony fwiw

Edited by bear3412

We stayed in an angled balcony on the Epic when it first started sailing out of Miami. Extra space and depending on placement no neighbor to your right or left which is another plus if you prefer peace and quiet plus added privacy. You get a little sense of more space looking out of your room because one side of your balcony is not walled off for balcony rooms on both sides of you.

The picture shown was my cabin on the transatlantic that Mike took during our Cruise Critic cabin crawl. It is cabin 11274. The picture is taken at the narrow end of the balcony and it is wider on the side by the door. Not enough room for a lounger but plenty of room for the chairs and table and to stretch your legs out.

We did not have excess wind with this cabin and were very pleased with it. The bed is by the closet closest to the door, not a lot of room there if you are a much larger person and need to access the closet, shelves and safe.

Enjoy the Breakaway, she is a lovely ship!!!!

The picture shown was my cabin on the transatlantic that Mike took during our Cruise Critic cabin crawl. It is cabin 11274. The picture is taken at the narrow end of the balcony and it is wider on the side by the door. Not enough room for a lounger but plenty of room for the chairs and table and to stretch your legs out.

We did not have excess wind with this cabin and were very pleased with it. The bed is by the closet closest to the door, not a lot of room there if you are a much larger person and need to access the closet, shelves and safe.

Enjoy the Breakaway, she is a lovely ship!!!!

THANK YOU very much for the info Whippets!!! I will be in this cabin 11274 next month!!! Happy to hear there is no excess wind on this balcony. :)

• 1 year later...

Jerzzygirl `

Saw you were in Cabin 11274 angled balcony on the Breakaway. How was the location & was therey any issue with wind. I am trying to decide on facing forward or aft on the angle. Anything else you can tell me would be appreciated. Oh, could you see the fireworks from here?

~Paula