Can someone explain to me the dropoff and parking in Bayonne?

whatevergoes

We have only sailed out of NY and never Bayonne so any info on the procedure would be appreciated. Also, what time do they allow you to board the boat. Do you carry on your two bottles of wine or pack it?.Thanks so much.....Really looking forward to Summit to Bermuda in May 26th although concerned that my 12 year old boy will be the only kid on board!

It's been a few years, but Bayonne wasn't that much different from Brooklyn.

They have pretty good directions for parking on their site. We parked and wheeled our bags up to the terminal/security.

I think we had to pay up-front as opposed to at the end of the trip.

We always carry-on our bottles rather than packing them.

You can probably go to the Departure port section and get specifics.

We have only sailed out of NY and never Bayonne so any info on the procedure would be appreciated. Also, what time do they allow you to board the boat. Do you carry on your two bottles of wine or pack it?.Thanks so much.....Really looking forward to Summit to Bermuda in May 26th although concerned that my 12 year old boy will be the only kid on board!

Last time we sailed out of Bayonne (May 2012), you could carry on your wine -- 2 bottles per person. Celebrity only authorizes 2 per stateroom, but go thru separate security lines.

As you enter Port Terminal Blvd, it turns into a one-way that goes around from the right to the left where you drop off your luggage and pax. You then circle back around to the parking area. It's well marked, and extremely convenient.

I would get there around 11:00am. Between dropping off your luggage, parking the car, short walk to the terminal, checking in, boarding the bus for a short ride to the ship, that should take you all of 1/2 hour. You should be on board by 11:30.

Skip the buffet and head up to the Aqua Spa Cafe and grab a seat on the port side for a great view of the Statue and Manhattan.

It's a very easy process. Parking will cost you $133 for the 7-day cruise ($19 a day), unless it's gone up from last year.

Enjoy the cruise.

You follow the directions into the port, when you get close it is basically follow the string of cars, buses, cabs and etc. You may have to show cruise docs to get into the port. You will be directed where to drop off your luggage. After dropping off your luggage you follow the signs to the parking lot. You will get a ticket and then directed to where to park. You can either walk to the terminal or take one of the shuttles. Take a picture or something to remember where you parked. They will drop everyone off at the terminal. Follow directions to check in.

When leaving you can take the shuttle with your luggage to the car. You will exit and pay. They do accept CC.

You follow the directions into the port, when you get close it is basically follow the string of cars, buses, cabs and etc. You may have to show cruise docs to get into the port. You will be directed where to drop off your luggage. After dropping off your luggage you follow the signs to the parking lot. You will get a ticket and then directed to where to park. You can either walk to the terminal or take one of the shuttles. Take a picture or something to remember where you parked. They will drop everyone off at the terminal. Follow directions to check in.

When leaving you can take the shuttle with your luggage to the car. You will exit and pay. They do accept CC.

You have to pay at the time you park, not when you leave. I've never noticed any shuttles as the parking is just a 30 second walk or so to the terminal. If you get there early enough, you'll get a parking spot up close.

When you leave, walk to your car, drive to the luggage drop off area, and pick up your pax and luggage. We disembarked at 8:30am, found our luggage, cleared customs, fetched the car, loaded the luggage, and were on our way by 9:00am

Yes you do pay upon entering the lot and they give you a ticket to put on your dashboard to show you have paid.

They do have a shuttle, I guess if you park at the very far end of the lot you could use it, but we have not.

Don't know how many kids will be on board since they are all still in school at that time of the year.

Don't know how many kids will be on board since they are all still in school at that time of the year.

Several school districts around here are done by then. I think you probably are hitting one of the first weeks of summer vacation, so I don't think he'll be the only one on-board

Several school districts around here are done by then. I think you probably are hitting one of the first weeks of summer vacation, so I don't think he'll be the only one on-board

WOW, that early, school ends before Memorial Day?

Kids in the tri-state area (NY, NJ, CT) don't finish until the 3rd or 4th week of June.

Archived