“Live" from the Baltic...9 Days.. 7-16 May..2013

Wi-fi in cabins is quite common on NCL. I am sorry to see that it will not be on the Vision.

Baltic question- Where are the time zone changes?

We had two time zone changes on the way from Warnemunde to St Petersburg.

It was hard to sleep.....sun up at 11.00pm and light again at 3 am.

The Vision will have wifi after refit in Sept in the rooms,but for now,no internet in your cabin.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Great pics Duncan...we all thoroughly enjoyed the scenery...and the great company of good friends ;). Another cruise on the Fjords is on our bucket of wishes....what a truly beautiful place... hope you had a good trip home:)

Great pics Duncan...we all thoroughly enjoyed the scenery...and the great company of good friends ;). Another cruise on the Fjords is on our bucket of wishes....what a truly beautiful place... hope you had a good trip home:)

Hi Maria,

We arrived home yesterday.................wow what a great three weeks we had.

All the best to Paulo.:)

Glad you and yours arrived home safely. Thank you again for taking us along on your adventure. I'm so looking forward to the upcoming Baltic cruise on the Star in Sept. As I recall you used you credit card in the ports instead of the local currency.

Hi Maria,

We arrived home yesterday.................wow what a great three weeks we had.

All the best to Paulo.:)

Really miss you all :(...these last 3 weeks were truly great...still trying to go through the 3000 + photos... a big hello to Fran, Tim & Eilika !:)

Thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog and the magnificient photos, Duncan. It was extremely well written. You definitely took after your dad, with such great writing skills.

It was great to relive the memories of our wonderful three weeks away with such good friends. Looking forward to seeing you guys again next year. Best regards to Fran, Tim, Eilika. Don't work too hard this week.

Liz

Thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog and the magnificient photos, Duncan. It was extremely well written. You definitely took after your dad, with such great writing skills.

It was great to relive the memories of our wonderful three weeks away with such good friends. Looking forward to seeing you guys again next year. Best regards to Fran, Tim, Eilika. Don't work too hard this week.

Liz

Thanks Liz,

Can't wait to do it all again..I need a holiday to get over this one.

All the best to Peter.

Duncan

• 3 weeks later...

VERY NICE REVIEW, aussie cruzer :)

We will be on the exact same cruise (STAR) on Jun 30, on a Family Suite. A few questions:

1. Do you suggest us to book specality restaurants now, or onboard?

2. How "late" can we stay in our Suite on the debarkation morning?

3. We booked marriott copenhagen, and tempted to switch to Bella Sky. Since you have stayed in both, can you give us your comment in both hotels, in terms of room, location, easy access to metro/train/airport, etc?

Thank you so much in advance!

VERY NICE REVIEW, aussie cruzer :)

We will be on the exact same cruise (STAR) on Jun 30, on a Family Suite. A few questions:

1. Do you suggest us to book specality restaurants now, or onboard?

2. How "late" can we stay in our Suite on the debarkation morning?

3. We booked marriott copenhagen, and tempted to switch to Bella Sky. Since you have stayed in both, can you give us your comment in both hotels, in terms of room, location, easy access to metro/train/airport, etc?

Thank you so much in advance!

Book specailty restaurants once onboard,we liked Le Bistro,very nice indeed.

We were last off the ship,I think 9.30 we got off.

You wait in the suite area with drinks & snacks to wait for debarkation.

The Marriott was a better hotel,but the Bella was nice and had the metro next door and a lot cheaper.

Hotwire had the Bella for $119 when we were there,great price for Copenhagen and included breakfast.

Only 12 minutes into town from the Bella on the metro.

Thanks aussie cruzer :)

Any restaurant recommendation near Marriott Copenhagen? We will be there next week!

Tivoli is a short walk ...I would dine there....I got the flu real bad and missed it.

If you upgrade to a suite at the Marriott,free drinks and food in the lounge at the top.

My friend upgraded and had a corner room over looking the water....very nice and included the perks.:)

Thanks again aussie cruzer!

Want to know about the 9-night Baltic Cruise on Star, do you have to bring passport, and/or go thru immigration/custom after getting off the ship?

I recalled when we did the Med cruise with DCL, we simply walk on/off the ship at each port (France, Italy, etc) with our room key and a picture ID.

But it seems to me that Baltic ports might be a bit different? At least St. Petersburg, I have my tour operator tickets, and do we need to carry our passport off the ship?

Thanks again aussie cruzer!

Want to know about the 9-night Baltic Cruise on Star, do you have to bring passport, and/or go thru immigration/custom after getting off the ship?

I recalled when we did the Med cruise with DCL, we simply walk on/off the ship at each port (France, Italy, etc) with our room key and a picture ID.

But it seems to me that Baltic ports might be a bit different? At least St. Petersburg, I have my tour operator tickets, and do we need to carry our passport off the ship?

In st. Petersburg everyone has to go through " immigration" and you need your passport AND the tour confirmation ..the other ports....no problem, we just walked off

• 9 months later...

Thank you Aussie Cruizer and all others on this board ..... reading through I am getting more excited and a lot of my questions were answered.

We are going on the July 3, 2014 sailing for my Big ?-0 birthday celebration. Need to make final payment next week and will ask for a room upgrade. Right now we have balcony midship 11. Would be nice to have a js, if not suite. Ships doesn't look too full at this point.

Exciting!!!

Thank you again for all of the information posted and hope you all are either cruising right now or planning your next adventure!

Happy Sailing!!!

Deb

Thank you Aussie Cruizer and all others on this board ..... reading through I am getting more excited and a lot of my questions were answered.

We are going on the July 3, 2014 sailing for my Big ?-0 birthday celebration. Need to make final payment next week and will ask for a room upgrade. Right now we have balcony midship 11. Would be nice to have a js, if not suite. Ships doesn't look too full at this point.

Exciting!!!

Thank you again for all of the information posted and hope you all are either cruising right now or planning your next adventure!

Happy Sailing!!!

Deb

Have a great cruise,

Report back how it all went and watch the prices before sailing.....sometimes it might be a small amount to upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...