Back to Back in Boston

lindacat

I just booked my first back to back on the Glory out of Boston this June/July. We are doing a 4 day and 5 day. We were looking for a cruise close to home and wanted to be gone longer than 7 days. Does anyone know how back to back cruisers are handled in Boston. It is my understanding that each port has a different protocol. For example do we have to leave the ship for any period of time? (We are keeping the same rooms for both cruises).

Thanks

Linda

I am curious. Can I ask you when you are doing your B2B? We are doing ours on June 25th(5-day) and June 30th(4-day). We are a family of 4 (DH, myself and 2 DS's 15 and 13) from Montreal.

I did a B2B last year on the Glory from Boston. The process was so easy. They give you a letter during the first leg tellling you where and what time to meet immigration; in our case it was around 10ish in the Atrium, then a guest services rep brings you to immigration which is waiting for you on the gangway and you hand him your blue immigration form.It takes literally 2 minutes, that's it. After that, you have the option to stay on the ship or leave for a few hours (Carnival gives you a pass so you can easily re-enter the ship).

We decided to stay, it was nice to have the ship for ourselves for an hour or so. Don't hesitate if you have any questions.

We did a Boston b2b last year and we're doing it again this year (16th and the 20th). They had us doing the b2b meet in the lobby towards the end of the zone debarkation. We left everything on the ship and only took our Customs Declaration forms with us. Walked to the end of the gangway, dropped them in a basket and went back to the ship where we received our Sign and Sail cards so security could ding us in. We had about 90 minutes to ourselves around the ship and went cabin hopping to see what the different cabins were like (Guest Services said it was fine). We could have gotten off the ship and gone exploring in Boston, but it wasn't worth the hassle of having to carry the In-Transit placard around in our bags, which would have allowed us to immediately hop the line and re-board when we got back to the terminal.

If you're planning to bring wine, the last day of your first leg, you'll have to go to the naughty room to collect the wine for your second leg. They confiscated our second leg wine last year (which was totally fine) because of the limits.

Last year, we stayed in the same cabins, but this year we're changing. For the other b2bers last year that were changing cabins, they left their luggage in the cabin and while we were doing the song and dance with Customs, the room stewards were supposed to relocate it. The other option is to move it yourself towards the end of the zone debarkation, but you'll have to put it in a closet or under the bed until the stewards are done cleaning.

We're hoping it will be just as easy this time.

We are doing the 6/30 and 7/4. For the first leg there are 6 of us in two cabins, my mom and I, my friend and my niece, my brother and his wife. For the second leg there are 6 more cabins joining.

thanks for the info

Linda

PS

No that wasn't me on the Victory, not married

Buy liquor on the 1st leg and enjoy the 2nd leg, when it gets delivered the last night.

We bought our liquor late (9-10PM) on the last night of first leg and brought it straight to our cabin.

Archived