Coco Cay - Water Slide, Aqua Park, & Combo

sunnysavannah

Water Slide - All Day Access - ZC10 - At Your Leisure - $20

Aqua Park - Caylana's Castle Cove - ZC08 - 1 hour - $15

Aqua Park / Water Slide Combo - ZCC5 - 1 hour - $30

I see the above excursions listed for Coco Cay. Anyone have experience with these? Does the combo include all day access to the Water Slide and 1 hour at the Aqua Park? It looks to me that you could save $5 by doing it this way.

What's your experience with kids and these things? My kids will be 11 & 9 and we are traveling with friends who have an 11 & 9 year old too. Is there any supervision? The kids are pretty good about following rules, but I guess I'm wondering if there is a RCI staff person there if there is an issue. If we walk the kids over and then go sit in the shade or walk up to the market, would that be acceptable/normal? Or would it be expected that we stand watch over them? Since they are in a small group (the 4 of them), we are trying to give them a little freedom and responsibility, but not too much.

ETA: We have been to Coco Cay and love it, but this will be our first time with our kiddos. We didn't even pay much attention to these areas before.

ETA again: I see now where it says that the slide is available all day if you choose the combo.

Edited by sunnysavannah

Hi:

You won't be with the kids in the water park - there are staffers out there. It can get pretty rowdy, but everyone wears a life vest. I did see some younger kids with parents, however. If there are 4 children together, they should be fine

The water slide has attendants, we had no problem with pushing/shoving etc. Last time we were there was 8 months ago on the fully packed Freedom.

Just a note- choose your seating wisely! We had a cabana and the walk was a BEAR in the heat. This coming trip we will just get an umbrella so that the kids do not have to trudge so far.

Also- make sure to book ahead. The lines are INSANE once on the beach! I would also suggest an earlier time for the aqua park, as the life vests get thrown in the sand and are sometimes limited in size as the day goes on, despite having scheduled times for sessions.

HAVE FUN!!!

when I did it with my 2 boys in june (15 & 12) we had a blast. Only did the aqua park. at times it was tough getting my big old out of shape self up out of the water onto the obsticles but it was fun. our group had several families so it was pretty tame. you get the aqua park for an hour and the slides are all day with the combo.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any photos of the aqua area? We have an 8 year old, but we were just planning to rent a mat and play on the beach. He cannot swim at all yet.

Edited by Cheryl H

• 4 weeks later...

We went last year. My kids were 7, 9 at the time and hubby went with them to the water park just to be safe. The lifeguards were good and kept a eye on everyone (I heard them blow their whistle a few times). Before you swim out to the area they give you the 'rules' so I would say it is fairly organized. I wasn't comfortable letting the kids go out by themselves (at their ages). 9 and 11 should be alright by themselves however. The area is pretty far away and not too easy to see from the beach chairs. I waded out to the water pretty far to take a couple of pictures (I've tried to attach them) so you can see the distance. We got the all day pass which, for us, was worth it! The kids loved the giant slide!

826044166_WaterPark.jpg.e7828a806f2c4ba0421e59a8b95ec459.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Bumping this thread a little. Is it still the case that if you get the package (which is now $32) you get the aqua park for an hour, but the slide all day?

Also, I'm wondering where the slide ends. Does it go into the ocean? I've never seen a photo of the full thing, so I can't tell! Is it fresh water?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

How busy/crowded does the Aqua Park get? How many people are typically out there at a time?

Is the all day pass for the Sea Trek slide worth it? Is there a long wait in line to slide down?

I am so glad I found this thread. :) We will be going to CocoCay during our cruise this summer and I had similiar questions regarding the water activities on this island.

I know this original thread and some responses are about a year old. This bit of advice stuck out for me in particular:

Hi:

Also- make sure to book ahead. The lines are INSANE once on the beach! I would also suggest an earlier time for the aqua park, as the life vests get thrown in the sand and are sometimes limited in size as the day goes on, despite having scheduled times for sessions.

HAVE FUN!!!

I was wondering if we should book/purchase a waterslide or aquapark pass ahead of time. According to this feedback, that would be a wise decision.

• 4 weeks later...
Also, I'm wondering where the slide ends. Does it go into the ocean? I've never seen a photo of the full thing, so I can't tell! Is it fresh water?

Thanks!

No, it doesn't end in the ocean. The slide flattens out at the bottom and there is a stop at the end so you can't fall out. The life guards spray a hose down the slide to keep it wet. Sometimes they spray you too. :)

Here are a couple of pics:

ry%3D480

ry%3D480