? About 3rd and 4th Person Pricing

I am sorry if this is a dumb question. I know you get a discount for 3rd and 4th person when booking in the same cabin. What I don't know is will I get a discount to put my 2 boys in another cabin?

No.

And furthermore, each cabin must have an adult in it (in the booking). You can move around once you're onboard, but you can't book it as Mom and Dad in one cabin, kids in the other. Even if they're connecting. Not a big deal though, you just book Mom and kid in one cabin and Dad and other kid in the other, then swap and get extra keys onboard.

And furthermore, each cabin must have an adult in it (in the booking). You can move around once you're onboard, but you can't book it as Mom and Dad in one cabin, kids in the other. Even if they're connecting. Not a big deal though, you just book Mom and kid in one cabin and Dad and other kid in the other, then swap and get extra keys onboard.

Does it have to be mom and dad or just "an adult" who can be responsible for the kids? My oldest is adult and has medical POA/temporary guardianship paperwork already for travel situations, so she can take care of the younger sibs, if an emergency comes up. If we book her in the kids' room, does that satisfy NCL? Or does it HAVE to be mom or dad?

DML

Does it have to be mom and dad or just "an adult" who can be responsible for the kids? My oldest is adult and has medical POA/temporary guardianship paperwork already for travel situations, so she can take care of the younger sibs, if an emergency comes up. If we book her in the kids' room, does that satisfy NCL? Or does it HAVE to be mom or dad?

DML

Adult over 21

DML

Here is what NCL says officially"

What are NCL's Age Requirements?

Company policy dictates that a passenger under 21 years of age must be accompanied in the same or connecting stateroom by a passenger 21 years or older who expressly agrees to be responsible for the under 21 passenger throughout the cruise. This includes, but is not limited to, preventing under-age purchase or consumption of alcohol**, preventing under-age gaming activities and preventing violations of any ship's rules. Passengers must be age 21 to purchase or consume alcohol and age 18 to gamble on the ship. If the accompanying adult is not the minor's parent or legal guardian a Parent/Guardian Consent & Release Form (pdf) that authorizes the minor's travel and further authorizes medical treatment in case of an emergency must be delivered to an NCL representative at the pier. Failure to produce this letter at embarkation may result in boarding being denied, with no refund of cruise fare provided.

Please note that infants under six months of age are not eligible to travel on NCL ships.

Note: Two people under the age of 21 may travel together in the same stateroom without someone over the age of 21 in the same stateroom if they purchased the cruise under the family plan and have at least one person who is 21 years or older in the adjoining stateroom. The age limit will be waived for married couples less than 21 years of age provided proof of marriage is presented to an NCL representative at the pier.

**With the exception of Alaska and Hawaii itineraries, NCL permits guests between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty (20) to purchase and personally consume wine and beer while on NCL ships with the consent of an accompanying parent or legal guardian ("Parental Consent") on the same sailing when the vessel is outside the US state territorial waters (3 miles). Complete details and the Parental Consent form are available on board at the Reception Desk.

Here is what NCL says officially"

What are NCL's Age Requirements?

Company policy dictates that a passenger under 21 years of age must be accompanied in the same or connecting stateroom by a passenger 21 years or older who expressly agrees to be responsible for the under 21 passenger throughout the cruise.

Note: Two people under the age of 21 may travel together in the same stateroom without someone over the age of 21 in the same stateroom if they purchased the cruise under the family plan and have at least one person who is 21 years or older in the adjoining stateroom.

I fail to see the problem then. If that's the official word on it, and we have adjoining rooms, my 19 should be able to be in the same room with her younger sibs. There's no reason for my husband or myself to be in the room (on paper) with the kids.

DML

I have always heard this was the policy, but the FAQ's on NCL.com say otherwise:

What are Norwegian Cruise Line's Age Requirements?

All facts stated below apply at the time of embarkation.

Infants sailing onboard a Norwegian vessel must be at least six months of age at time of sailing. However, for voyages that have 3 or more consecutive days at sea, the infant must be at least 12 months old at time of sailing.

A minor is defined as an individual under 18 years of age at the time of embarkation.

A young adult is defined as an individual between the ages of 18 and 20.

Company policy dictates that a passenger under 21 years of age must be accompanied in the same or connecting stateroom by a passenger 21 years of age or older at the time of embarkation.

For passengers under the age of 18 traveling with an accompanying adult, who is not the minor's parent or legal guardian, a PARENT/GUARDIAN CONSENT RELEASE FORM (PDF) that authorizes the minor's travel and further authorizes medical treatment in case of an emergency must be delivered to a Norwegian representative at the pier during check-in. Failure to produce this letter at embarkation may result in boarding being denied, with no refund of cruise fare provided.

Note: Two people under the age of 21 may travel together in the same stateroom if they are a married couple and provide proof of marriage to a Norwegian representative at the pier before embarkation.

Archived