Should I change cabins? (Epic)

jinxyoz

I am getting quite confused, as when I booked a cruise for the Epic...I just booked and paid and had not done any research about cruising whatsoever!!!

Currently we are booked in a BD category on the 11th floor. Looking at the plan...I think it says starboard? I am pretty sure the bed is closest to the door and I'd prefer something that has the following

*Larger balcony

*Bed closer to balcony

*Easy access if possible to elevators to eliminate going up and down stairs (as I am visually impaired)

So should I be moving cabins into something else? It is our first ever cruise so no idea how we'll go with any sort of motion sickness (but have stocked up on everything needed).

Suggestions welcome...there is plenty of availability in all categories to change

I am getting quite confused, as when I booked a cruise for the Epic...I just booked and paid and had not done any research about cruising whatsoever!!!

Currently we are booked in a BD category on the 11th floor. Looking at the plan...I think it says starboard? I am pretty sure the bed is closest to the door and I'd prefer something that has the following

*Larger balcony

*Bed closer to balcony

*Easy access if possible to elevators to eliminate going up and down stairs (as I am visually impaired)

So should I be moving cabins into something else? It is our first ever cruise so no idea how we'll go with any sort of motion sickness (but have stocked up on everything needed).

Suggestions welcome...there is plenty of availability in all categories to change

BD's are either right up front of the ship or at the aft of the ship.As you don't give your cabin number, it is hard to comment.

We were on the Epic deck 11 in a minisuite 11267. The motion was fine. If you are prone to sea-sickness then go for a lower deck and stay away from the front of the ship. Like-wise, motion may be dependant on which itinerary you have booked. Some itinerarys hug the coast and you feel no movement, some cross rought waters...

Can't really help you without more info.

In terms of location, if you want to walk less on a big ship like this then go for mid-ship and you are half-way between everything!:)

I was constantly getting lost on this ship, so do print and bring a map of the deckplans that you can carry around to avoid lots of wasted time walking around looking for things;)

In terms of location, if you want to walk less on a big ship like this then go for mid-ship and you are half-way between everything!:)

Maybe halfway between everything but always a long way from everything too. I much preferred a cabin close to the elevators so there is at least a chance that one wouldn't have to walk minimum of half the ship to get somewhere (twice that for example going to Taste or o'Sheenans; first half the ship to the elevators and then half the ship back to the middle). :)

Maybe halfway between everything but always a long way from everything too. I much preferred a cabin close to the elevators so there is at least a chance that one wouldn't have to walk minimum of half the ship to get somewhere (twice that for example going to Taste or o'Sheenans; first half the ship to the elevators and then half the ship back to the middle). :)

Yes, that is true! I also did find it strange that on one of those floors (can't remember if it was 5 or 6) the elevator did not stop there at all, and that you had to take the escalator....

Shame there are no mid-ship elevators on such a huge ship!:rolleyes:

also did find it strange that on one of those floors (can't remember if it was 5 or 6) the elevator did not stop there at all, and that you had to take the escalator....

Yep, if I remember correctly, the aft elevators don't go to deck 5, fwd ones do.

I was on a knee scooter on the Epic. DO NOT book midship as there are no midship elevators. I booked before we had an accident or would have had a handicapped room near the elevator. We were far aft and I was unable to navigate all the way to the buffet. DH would bring food back to the cabin unless we were on the other end for activities. (I think I'm giving you the right direction, but check the deck plans.) I highly recommend being on the end of the ship with the buffet or you will have a very long trip to meals. Our elevator was convenient to the spa (which was great) and Fat Cats but that was about all IIRC.

*Larger balcony

*Bed closer to balcony

I understand this is your first cruise, therefore, you really have no real grasp on the actual physical size of the cabins. If you're anything like I was before my first cruise, you're picturing a somewhat smaller version of a regular hotel room. Wrong. Divide that sucker in half and you're much closer to actual stateroom size. Chances are if the bed were closer to the balcony, you might just be sleeping on it! ;)

Bed is near balcony and you're not too far from the stairs. Looks fine to me.

Many thanks for your quick reply. Debating whether to keep it or perhaps upgrade to a Mini Suite. I do like relaxing in the room at certain times when I'm away

Many thanks for your quick reply. Debating whether to keep it or perhaps upgrade to a Mini Suite. I do like relaxing in the room at certain times when I'm away

I book mini suites as we have out son with us, but I wouldn't pay a lot more for one. The main difference is that you (usually) get a bath rather than a shower. The actual room isn't much bigger.

For an extra couple of hundred pounds I think it's worth it, but I wouldn't pay much more than that.

The mini-suite is about 6-8 feet longer and the same width. It provides some more room, but not a lot more

I also recomend a room towards the front elevators. A quick ride to 15 puts you right in the garden cafe

For those wondering, The aft elevators don't stop on 5 because that's where the main galley (kitchen) is.

Mike am I aft? Have no idea!

Here is the deck plan, You are front of ship on port side (left side) Look for the purple cabin with your number on it, from the attached deck plan link.

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/epic/decks/2/11#tab_detail

Linda:)

All even cabin numbers are port/left side, all odd cabin numbers are starboard/right hand side of the ship.

On the deck plans, you can see the curve of the walls. The bed is where the room is widest, so if you want the bed near the balcony then you need to ensure you get one with the wide bit there, as is the case with your current room.

Mike am I aft? Have no idea!

Hi. If you are sailing the Med from Barcelona, you may consider swapping to starboard. That will give you most sun on the sea day and land views from Naples to Rome, Livorno and Marseille. Also, if you want a larger balcony, there are some near the forward elevators, cat. B6. E.g room 11075. Please note, the cabin nos. for B6s varies from deck to deck at that location. Ken

Archived