Thalassotherapy (T) Pool

Don't think it's quite the same as any other hot tub.

On the Mercury, a couple of years ago, the T-pool was reserved for suite guests and people who paid a weekly or daily fee to use it. It was part of the spa and not in a typical pool/hot tub area. The pool had different stations where the jets worked on different parts of the body. You could perch on several benches or just lay down on a bed while the jets did their magic.

It does use sea water and I think they add some minerals to it as well.

--Judy

The greek word "thalasso" means sea. Therefore it is a sea water pool.

I think it is the same as all of the other hot tubs, just a fancy name for it.

When we were on the Voyager that big whirlpool in the gym was called the thalossotherapy pool. It has mineral water in it and if you sit to the left of the stairs it is just a whirlpool. If you go to the right, there are bars under water that you hold on to. You lower yourself down and it truly works the muscles in your body. We fell in love with this thing! Truly wonderful after a day sightseeing.

Not sure what the other replies are, but there is a Thallassotherapy pool in the gym area of Voyager class ships. I have never sailed Celebrity so I cannot say whether it is the same thing, but it is called a "Thallassotherapy pool "

I have never heard this mentioned,at least on other RCI ships.

But the pool in the Solarium on Rhapsody....IS a sort of Resistence pool.Meaning that as you walk down into it,from the front steps (between the hottubs) it is a whirlpool like (very strong current)you step down,and let go an it will carry you all the way to the end...And basically,you cant swim (or at least make any progress) against the current from the other end.If I remember..there may be a button to turn this off..But its always been on every time I have been in the pool.Is it not this way on the other ships? I have never seen it mentioned on this BB?It is wonderful..

I too was on the galaxy and used the t-pool. I absolutely fell in love with it and still talk about and wish I could get into one again. I have been looking on RCCL website and cannot seem to find any mention of it anywhere. I am going on the radiance and would be trilled if that would be available.

kimberly

Archived