Carnival Breeze 6 Day Eastern Review 05/05/13 - 05/11/13

Inside Thrill Theater

20130511-Jeff-S95-CCL%20Breeze-1162-X2.jpg

That's my 5 year old in the pic getting ready for the show.

I will try to get the Camp Carnival Schedules scanned this weekend. I have been bouncing from one side of Florida to the other the last 2 days and haven't had a chance. I also expect to be on the road most of Friday so it will probably be Saturday or Sunday by time I can scan the.

It is on the Carnival "Fun Hub" which is the Home Page on the Breeze Wi-Fi. Here is a screen capture of the site.

BreezeFunHub-X3.jpg

On the right side you will see the Download Area and that brings you to the page when onboard that your can download the PDF Files on your phone, tablet, laptop.

I think this is great and all the cruise lines should have this service available. I always had it on my Note 2 or iPad during the cruise.

Best thing is it is free. If you want internet you click on Internet Access in the upper right corner.

Okay, just for clarity....the funhub is free to access for up to date info on the ship? If you want internet then you click and pay?

Do you know if this is on the freedom?

Okay, just for clarity....the funhub is free to access for up to date info on the ship? If you want internet then you click and pay?

Do you know if this is on the freedom?

Correct, I think this is great. I don't know about the other ships in the fleet but it was on the Breeze.

I wish all the cruise lines had this.

Day 4 Wednesday 05/08/13 Grand Turk

We started off with the Lido Marketplace for breakfast then to WaterWorks for a few minutes and then went got off to the Beach in Grand Turk. On our way to the beach I stopped in at Del Sol and bought some sunglasses. All these cruises I never realized they were priced at fair price and also you get the replacement warranty. So far I am loving these sunglasses.

Then we were off to the beach for a couple of hours with the girls. The Pride was docked next to us while we were there. We got married on the Pride back in 2003 and our entire wedding party sailed with us. It brought back lots of memories from 10 years ago.

After the beach we got back onboard and went for some lunch in the Lido Marketplace. I ran up and got some plain pasta for my daughter and a make your own pasta for myself at Cucina del Capitano and also a burger at Guy’s Burger Joint again. After lunch we all got some Ice Cream and then the girls wanted to be signed in at Camp Carnival.

For dinner I had the Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup, California Spring Mix & Cherry Tomatoes, Petit Filet Mignon and Braised Boneless Short-Rib, and the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. Something I noticed was the beef had a different taste tonight I wasn’t all the crazy about?????

Dinner ran a little late tonight so we missed the first show of the Brits but picked the girls up from Camp Carnival for the 2nd showing. Both our girls do great at the shows and our oldest love the Brits. After that we were pretty much done for the day.

Day 1 Dinner Menu (Menu Quality is not as good as usual, it can be a challenge at dinner with a 3 & 5 year old)

20130511-Jeff-S95-CCL%20Breeze-1115-X2.jpg

20130511-Jeff-S95-CCL%20Breeze-1117-X2.jpg

Tropical fruits marinated in Tequila and Creme Brulee?! I hope this is available on my upcoming cruise!

Loving your review. We are going on the exact same iternary with our 3 year old daughter in July. Question about Grand Turk. Did you guys stay at the beach near the port? Did you find shade for the kids?

Loving your review. We are going on the exact same iternary with our 3 year old daughter in July. Question about Grand Turk. Did you guys stay at the beach near the port? Did you find shade for the kids?

We stayed on the beach next to the ship. After we went through the Duty Free Shop we went left then down on the beach.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Not much shade at the beach near the pier.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

The Brits in the theater had some of the best effects, graphics, video, etc I have seen on any ship. The only downside I thought was the theater was small and in order to get to some of the seats in the upper level you had to cross in the view of others or have them get up to let you by.

20130511-Jeff-D90-CCL%20Breeze-0636-X2.jpg

Enjoying your review very much. We were on this cruise and also had a great time.

We asked for the entertainment schedule three different times at Guest Services and NOBODY had any clue what it was and said they had no such thing. Of course we knew better, having seen one here on Cruise Critic before... but we couldn't convince them of its' existence. How did you get it? LOL!

ETA: I see now that you answered this a few times. I just had to read farther. :) Thanks so much for all of the beautiful pictures and especially scans of menus and information, it is really helping my recollection! Looking forward to the rest!

PS: Our daughter is 4 and spent a lot of time in Camp Carnival so I'd be willing to bet she had fun with your daughters!

Day 5 Thursday 05/09/13 Sea Day

After sleeping in we went to the Lido Marketplace and then to WaterWorks. After that we did our usual lunch for the week at Guy’s Burger Joint. The girls wanted to play some miniature gold in the afternoon. My oldest daughter and I then went and bought our Unlimited Thrill Theater Tickets and did 2 shows during the day.

For dinner I had 2 servings of Escargot, Chateaubriand with Sauce Béarnaise, & Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. The Escargot was some of the worst I have ever had and once again tonight the beef had some sort of weird and different taste that I can’t explain?????

After dinner since the girls like the show the night before so we took them to see DIVAS in the theater. After 10 minutes not only did it not keep my attention but my 5 year old thought it was bad also. The show could have been better in my opinion and was a disappointment.

Excellent review. Love the photos and the extras. I have a couple of questions.

Do you buy the thrill tickets at the thrill theatre?

How comfortable was your bed, there is a thread on this board on how bad (hard) the new beds are compared to what they used to be.

Loving your review!!!! I have been on tons of threads looking for the fun times for camp carnival. We will have children sailing with us on the breeze in December and they will be in all 3 camp carnival clubs and one in circle c. I have yet to find circle c fun times. Keep the review coming! Totally subscribed;-)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

And I Don't know how I posted this under the Wrong person... Wanted to come back and make sure I was giving the correct Thank You Out lol:::

WOOOOW, I LOVE a Detailed Review... Thanks SOOO much for doing this... I understand the work that goes into it... Your picture are beautiful...

Archived