Carnival Breeze 6 Day Eastern Review 05/05/13 - 05/11/13

We are just back from our cruise on the Carnival Breeze 5/5/13 -5/11/13. We had a Category 6M (Oceanview) Cabin# 1354 which was a Quad Occupancy Cabin. The nice thing about this cabin was on Deck 1 the Oceanview Cabins have the regular bathroom (Shower, Toilet, Sink) and a separate bathroom with only a sink and a small tub. This worked out perfect for us since our 3 & 5 year old daughters sailed with us on the cruise.

We cruise on a regular basis as you can see and have seen in my other reviews. We cruise and try out most of the cruise lines and have our favorites. We were married on the Carnival Pride (2003) and our last cruise on Carnival was in 2008.

The pictures you will see were taken with my Nikon D-90, Canon S95, Note 2, or my wife’s Canon A610. In addition I will also have Fun Times and other documents which I downloaded while onboard on my iPad and then converted over to images for the review. Some documents that were not available to download will be scanned in.

Let me start off by saying WOW, I am very impressed with everything on the Carnival Breeze as you will see in the review over the next few days. I am already looking at booking an 8 Day sometime in the next year on the Breeze.

Saturday 5/4/13

We decided to drive down from our house in Orlando Saturday Night and stay at the Doral Resort & Spa in Miami. I had planned on leaving the house around 4PM but never left until 7:45 PM and arrived at the Doral just before midnight. The Doral is under construction and being renovated.

20130511-Jeff-Note%202-CCL%20Breeze-083618-X2.jpg

Day 1 Sunday 5/5/13 Miami

We arrived at the port around 1:30 PM and dropped boarded the ship. After we boarded we dropped our carryon luggage in the cabin. Let my wife lead off and open the cabin door since I had purchased the Birthday Decoration Package for her since her birthday was the next day.

We entered the cabin and she was amazed at the amount of room we had in the cabin compared to others we have had on other ships. Then as she was opening doors and soon realized we had the main bathroom then a second sink and tub for the girls in another room. We then went to the Lido Market Place for lunch. My wife and the girls had the normal Lido lunch while I ran out to Guy’s Burger Joint where I got The Ringer. It was one of the BEST Burgers I have had. After lunch we walked some of the ship prior to the Lifeboat Drill and Dinner.

For dinner I had the Spring Roll, Tender Braised Beef Brisket, Vanilla Crème Brule, & Warm Chocolate Melting Cake which was great.

After Dinner we went to the Camp Carnival Registration and Dance Party for the girls.

20130505%20Miami-XL.jpg

20130511-Jeff-S95-CCL%20Breeze-1110-X2.jpg

20130511-Jeff-S95-CCL%20Breeze-1108-XL.jpg

We sail on the Breeze in 20 days and I'm looking forward to the review. Someone on another message board was saying this same cruise was so bad they couldn't wait to get off the ship!

Like I tell everyone: any cruise can be a good cruise and you are the only one who can make your cruise good or bad.

Our family is "Loyal To Royal" and we had a GREAT time onboard so I find it hard to believe someone didn't. My wife went onboard being all negative about going on Carnival. When she got off the only complaint she had was she felt Royal has more family stuff for the girls. She even mentioned how much better the food was on Carnival.

This was our 5 year olds 11th cruise and our 3 year olds 7th cruise and they both didn't want to get off at the end of the cruise. They never once missed anything they have experienced on Royal.

The only complaint that I have was with the Bar Waiter in the Dining Room. It appeared that once he realized I had the Soda Card he would let my glass run out and make me wait for a refill. It appeared he was avoiding me and didn't want to be bothered with getting a free refill???

Like I tell everyone: any cruise can be a good cruise and you are the only one who can make your cruise good or bad.

Our family is "Loyal To Royal" and we had a GREAT time onboard so I find it hard to believe someone didn't. My wife went onboard being all negative about going on Carnival. When she got off the only complaint she had was she felt Royal has more family stuff for the girls. She even mentioned how much better the food was on Carnival.

This was our 5 year olds 11th cruise and our 3 year olds 7th cruise and they both didn't want to get off at the end of the cruise. They never once missed anything they have experienced on Royal.

The only complaint that I have was with the Bar Waiter in the Dining Room. It appeared that once he realized I had the Soda Card he would let my glass run out and make me wait for a refill. It appeared he was avoiding me and didn't want to be bothered with getting a free refill???

LOVE your review so far, expecially your wonderful pictures!!!

Can you please go into detail with your wife's comment a little more? What did RCCL offer family wise that Carnival didn't? My kids ages are 17,16,14,10...would this apply to them also since your kids are a lot younger? Thanks so much

LOVE your review so far, expecially your wonderful pictures!!!

Can you please go into detail with your wife's comment a little more? What did RCCL offer family wise that Carnival didn't? My kids ages are 17,16,14,10...would this apply to them also since your kids are a lot younger? Thanks so much

My wife likes the DreamWorks Characters, Carousel, and Boardwalk Events on Royal which are great. The girls didn’t even miss those things it was my wife.

Both have the kids programs Camp Carnival (Carnival) & Adventure Ocean (Royal) which are about the same. Both have the splash areas which I think Carnival’s is better for my 5 year old and Royal’s H2O Zone is better for my 3 year old.

I think the Camp Carnival Area is Larger compared to Adventure Ocean on Royal.

Both are great programs and I think you can see my wife had a different view of things.

I will also be scanning in the Camp Carnival Schedules for the 2-5, 6-8, & 9-11 year olds and putting them in the review later in the week.

Day 1 Dinner Menu (Menu Quality is not as good as usual, it can be a challenge at dinner with a 3 & 5 year old)

20130511-Jeff-S95-CCL%20Breeze-1115-X2.jpg

20130511-Jeff-S95-CCL%20Breeze-1117-X2.jpg

This is great since i was wondering what i might be missing the first night since we are doing the steakhouse. Going to miss the creme brulee : (

My wife likes the DreamWorks Characters, Carousel, and Boardwalk Events on Royal which are great. The girls didn’t even miss those things it was my wife.

Both have the kids programs Camp Carnival (Carnival) & Adventure Ocean (Royal) which are about the same. Both have the splash areas which I think Carnival’s is better for my 5 year old and Royal’s H2O Zone is better for my 3 year old.

I think the Camp Carnival Area is Larger compared to Adventure Ocean on Royal.

Both are great programs and I think you can see my wife had a different view of things.

I will also be scanning in the Camp Carnival Schedules for the 2-5, 6-8, & 9-11 year olds and putting them in the review later in the week.

Thanks so much for your response!! Your wife sounds cute, these types of things used to be a top priority for me also, but after doing 20 years of doing mostly Disney and Universal, I now am looking for something a little different. We still get our character (Disney) fix before or after our cruises for a couple of days. We find that the right cruise makes everybody happy, especially me. :)

Day 2 Monday 05/06/13 Key West

We did the usual for us on a port day and waited for the rush to the Lido and to get off the ship to pass prior to getting going. We also had to take care of a few issues since our 3 year old chipped her tooth dancing at the Camp Carnival Welcome Aboard Party. Just to make the wife happy we contacted her dentist and sent some pics. The dentist got back to us and advised that it appeared OK and scheduled an appointment for when we got back to Orlando.

We were then off to the Lido Deck for Breakfast (Wife & Girls) and Lunch for me at Guy’s Burger Joint and got “The Ringer” which was great. After lunch the girls went to Camp Carnival and we went off the ship for a couple of hours. While in port we walked around and of had to get our Starbucks fix on Duval St.

I forgot to mention that we also switched from Early Seating Dinner to Your Time Dining on Day 1. Dinner tonight started with the French Onion Soup, Chopped Handpicked Field Greens, Braised Style Short Ribs, & Warm Chocolate Melting Cake.

After dinner we took the girls to the Lido Deck for the Dive-In Movie which was one of our girls favorite movies tonight “Tangled”. It was a little cool during the movie so I went to the towel stand and got 2 blankets for the girls.

Come on, come on! I'm eagerly waiting here. On the 6 day in June and we can't wait. Particularly for the kid's club dailies as I have 2 daughters 1&6. We are also in a 6M a few doors down from you so additional pics of the cabin would be great too. Was there 1 formal night or two?

Archived