Anyone been on the Serenade lately?

Thanks, I am going to be on Serenade in Nov. I like the English pub- hope it's non-smoking. Hopefully, there is HDMI port for TV. I wonder if Rita's Cantina is free.

Will miss the Seaview Cafe though.

Rita's Cantina is extra cost. The only complementary venue added to the Radiance class ships is Park Cafe. All the other dining venues added during the refit are extra cost.

Here is a great link to view photos of the new, refurbished Serenade of the Seas!! :) (comments are in German)

http://www.shipedia.eu/forum/7-royal...l?limitstart=0

I was just about to post a link to this review, which I posted on a German forum after our holiday cruise, when I saw that someone already did... :-)

Well, anyway... after that holiday cruise we sailed on the Serenade again in March (Dubai etc.). Still a great ship with great and friendly service...

Compared to the larger classes, she can almost be described as "cosy"

Thanks, I am going to be on Serenade in Nov. I like the English pub- hope it's non-smoking. Hopefully, there is HDMI port for TV. I wonder if Rita's Cantina is free.

Will miss the Seaview Cafe though.

The pub is one of the few bars (if not the only one) that allows smoking, there is limited out of the bar seating which helps to escape the smoking inside.

5 weeks from today we will be flying into Barcelona! Can't wait to be on Serenade for 12 days! This is our first Radiance class ship and she looks beautiful! Can't wait to be sitting on our hump balcony!

5 weeks from today we will be flying into Barcelona! Can't wait to be on Serenade for 12 days! This is our first Radiance class ship and she looks beautiful! Can't wait to be sitting on our hump balcony!

...which room did you get, if you don't mind me asking...

Any suggestion on which hump balconies we should book?

Currently, I am booked with a D1 cabin right next to the Penthouse suite on the top deck. I would love to have a bigger hump balcony if I can get one.

I always enjoy the outdoor seating at a buffet, looking forward to it on the Serenade.

Can anyone tell me if the balconys toward the front are open air with no covering? It appears that way on the photos I have seen. Don't think I'd like that much. Just wondering which balcony is the best.

Can anyone tell me if the balconys toward the front are open air with no covering? It appears that way on the photos I have seen. Don't think I'd like that much. Just wondering which balcony is the best.

Only on deck 7 forward. And it's just the extension. The balconies are deeper than normal, with the extension uncovered.

Now I am worried. We just gave up our Jr. Suite for a direct forward Family Oceanview (7504) because this is the only way we could talk our friend into cruising with us. I have been begging her for years, yes years, to cruise with us and finally talked her into coming but only if we were in a cabin close to hers. She has 7500.

Now I read on a trusted site that 7504 is above the crew's gym and we might have noise and music 24 hours a day. But how can a crew's gym be on Deck 6? Is this true? Did we make a big feaux pa?

Now I read on a trusted site that 7504 is above the crew's gym and we might have noise and music 24 hours a day. But how can a crew's gym be on Deck 6? Is this true? Did we make a big feaux pa?

I doubt that the crew gym is on deck 6 forward. It should be somewhere on deck 1/2/3 aft...

The backstage area of the theatre should be underneath stateroom 7504.

I doubt that the crew gym is on deck 6 forward. It should be somewhere on deck 1/2/3 aft...

The backstage area of the theatre should be underneath stateroom 7504.

That is what I thought about the crew area. But if you belong to cruise deck plans dot com you will see that right next to our cabin (on the deck plans) there is a diamond shaped symbol. If you click on the symbol there is a statement about that area being the crew's gym and people have reported hearing music and noise 24 hours a day.

Either way I have that cabin and I am keeping it.

The things we women do for our friends is crazy sometimes huh? But I always say as long as it is legal and morally correct it is worth the price of friendship. :D

That is what I thought about the crew area. But if you belong to cruise deck plans dot com you will see that right next to our cabin (on the deck plans) there is a diamond shaped symbol. If you click on the symbol there is a statement about that area being the crew's gym and people have reported hearing music and noise 24 hours a day.

The things we women do for our friends is crazy sometimes huh? But I always say as long as it is legal and morally correct it is worth the price of friendship. :D

Wow you are a good friend........need any other friends???........:)

The pictures look lovely...too bad I won't see for myself until 2015!:rolleyes:

I used the "Drag Decks" feature...I think the area they're talking about might be the outdoor crew area. Either way, you are a good friend!:)

Going on Serenade in July with my wife and her family for a 12 night Med cruise! Can't wait, I'll let you know how the ship is compared to Allure and Majesty!

Come and join our roll call - we're a great bunch of chatty people from Europe and the US all looking forward to the same trip :D

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1623965

[quote name='tsi_engineer']...which room did you get, if you don't mind me asking...[/QUOTE]

1554! Its hard to believe we booked this over a year ago! It can't come soon enough but I still have lots to do!

[quote name='carumba7']1554! Its hard to believe we booked this over a year ago! It can't come soon enough but I still have lots to do![/quote]

[SIZE=3]Future resident of 1554 here! I expect lots of pictures!:D;):D[/SIZE]

[quote name='Cindy'][SIZE=3]Future resident of 1554 here! I expect lots of pictures!:D;):D[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Wow, awesome!! We debated between 1554 and 1600, but I think we made the right choice. This not our first GS but it is our first hump. I will take picutes for sure!!
Karen

[quote name='carumba7']Wow, awesome!! We debated between 1554 and 1600, but I think we made the right choice. This not our first GS but it is our first hump. I will take picutes for sure!!
Karen[/quote]

We will be in GS 1600 on Sunday, May 19 so I hope I made the right choice! We love Aft cabins so we are hopeful it will be wonderful!!

[quote name='MICruser']We will be in GS 1600 on Sunday, May 19 so I hope I made the right choice! We love Aft cabins so we are hopeful it will be wonderful!![/QUOTE]
I'm sure it will be great! We have never been on an Aft, the balcony looks awesome. If you think about it, when you come back tell me how you liked the configuration of the room.
Karen

[quote name='carumba7']Wow, awesome!! We debated between 1554 and 1600, but I think we made the right choice. This not our first GS but it is our first hump. I will take picutes for sure!!
Karen[/quote]

[SIZE=3]We know the people who already booked the RS, so that helped us make the decision.[/SIZE]

[quote name='carumba7']I'm sure it will be great! We have never been on an Aft, the balcony looks awesome. If you think about it, when you come back tell me how you liked the configuration of the room.
Karen[/quote]
Absolutely! Will do.

[quote name='Cindy'][SIZE=3]We know the people who already booked the RS, so that helped us make the decision.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Nice!!! Hoping our meet and mingle will have a cabin crawl so I can see one of those!

[quote name='MICruser']We will be in GS 1600 on Sunday, May 19 so I hope I made the right choice! We love Aft cabins so we are hopeful it will be wonderful!![/quote]

We will be in 1600 in November for the Venice/Med cruise and the following TA back to New Orleans. We have been in 1100, 1104, 1602 but never 1600! I am especially interested in the deck furniture on the balcony. If you get a chance take some pictures and post them. Thanks.

Archived