LOTS - July 2013 - Unlimited Fountain Soda Package

I'm wondering about buying the Unlimited Fountain Soda package on the Liberty (for our2+2 family) and wonder if anyone has any thoughts. We aren't big drinkers when it comes to alcohol and so we would prefer to buy those as and when, but at £37 each I am trying to decide if the soda package is worth buying for this 7 night cruise.. This will be our first RCCL cruise and so it will be all new to us. By soda, does that mean just coke and lemonade, or other soft drinks too? I cant find much in the way of detail on our on-line reservation page.

On a separate note, I see that we can now reserve seats for the Saturday Night Fever show. Has anyone any experience of this too? Is pre-booking necessary/recommended? As a wheelchair user, I worry too that seating, wheelchair space may be limited. Again, I would be grateful for peoples' views. Thanks.

I'm wondering about buying the Unlimited Fountain Soda package on the Liberty (for our2+2 family) and wonder if anyone has any thoughts. We aren't big drinkers when it comes to alcohol and so we would prefer to buy those as and when, but at £37 each I am trying to decide if the soda package is worth buying for this 7 night cruise.. This will be our first RCCL cruise and so it will be all new to us. By soda, does that mean just coke and lemonade, or other soft drinks too? I cant find much in the way of detail on our on-line reservation page.

On a separate note, I see that we can now reserve seats for the Saturday Night Fever show. Has anyone any experience of this too? Is pre-booking necessary/recommended? As a wheelchair user, I worry too that seating, wheelchair space may be limited. Again, I would be grateful for peoples' views. Thanks.

Regarding pre-booking the shows on Liberty, we pre-booked all the available shows on Royal's website before our cruise last November. They only checked for reservations for the ice show. No other shows were checked for reservations. However, I've read here that they do check at times, though I don't know what the criteria might be. Bottom line is you should probably make the show reservations because you can't predict what they will be doing on your specific cruise.

We have taken the soda package on all our cruises till now, never regretted it. It gives you the fountain version of any of the Coca Cola products they stock on-board (people who pay per soft drink get a can). I even believe LOS has the soda machines now where you get do the most daft things with any Coke product ;).

Just reserve those shows, there is no penalty if you don't show up, they just open the shows about 15min earlier for those with reservations, then any empty seat can be taken in.

There is no charge for lemonade, ice water, or flavored waters (if offered), coffee or tea (either iced or hot)...so unless you drink great quantities of Coke products, you won't get your money's worth. If you DO want the occassional Coke product, you can buy a can! $2.50 or thereabouts. The only thing you get with the "soda package" are sodas (and by that, we mean Coca Cola products)

• 4 months later...

If you buy it watch your bill on the day your getting off the ship, the last one I was on was a 3 day cruise and I purchased the soda package and the bill for it was $67.00 USD went to service desk and they said that was right so after I got home I called them to get it taken off They put the 40 some odd dollars back on my credit card but still made me mad that they thought I would just pay it and shut up. Had the man on the ship say they charge $21.00 a day for it when the receipt even said $6.50 plus %15.

I am also in a wheelchair. Seating has not been an issue for me. We arrive about 30 mins early for shows. Only 1 person can sit beside you. The other two can sit right in front of you. We have never reserved beforehand. Love the Liberty! Very very accessible!

Sherry

This is a pretty old thread. Since my response above, Liberty and Freedom no longer have advance show reservations, except possibly for the ice show.

You can still reserve for the ice show. Reservations for our Liberty cruise opened up last week and the only show you were able to reserve was the ice show. Ice shows are held on the sea days. One show was in the afternoon and the other just before early seating.

Archived